It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police in Colorado Springs, Colo., say Penrose Hospital is on lockdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Officer involved shooting scene in Aurora. Multiple shots fired, one suspect dead. We'll learn more at 3:30. #9news

Police in Colorado Springs, Colo., say Penrose Hospital is on lockdown

Not much out on it yet but will keep the scanner on.,

www.breakingnews.com...

A little more-

Penrose Hospital in Colorado Springs was locked down Monday. KRDO NewsChannel 13's Greg Miller is at the hospital and reports that no one is being allowed in or out of the facility, which is in the 2200 block of N. Nevada Ave. north of downtown. Initial reports indicate that the lockdown may have been prompted by the presence of a suspicious person. There is no indication that today's lockdown is related to Friday's shooting at a nearby Planned Parenthood clinic. Refresh this…

9NEWS Denver ‏@9NEWS 7m7 minutes ago
#Breaking: Police in Colorado Springs confirm Penrose Hospital is on lock-down. We'll tweet out more as we have it.

edit on 30-11-2015 by ReadLeader because: breaking

edit on 30-11-2015 by ReadLeader because: sp

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Found this:

The FBI has apprehended someone in connection to the threats made against the University of Chicago, a representative from the field office said.

Few details have been released, but the Chicago field office issued a statement confirming that an individual is in custody and charges are pending.

This comes after the University of Chicago announced Sunday night that it would be closing campus today because of "an online threat of gun violence." The online threat "specifically" mentioned "the campus quad,” according to the school's statement.

Person in Custody Over Threats to University of Chicago

Wait, is this a different and unrelated incident?
edit on 30-11-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: more

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Still good 411, this is University of Chicago

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Still not much more; there are (4) fire units on a fire @ 1187 Akron St
Aurora, Colorado

Very busy day for Aurora, hoping for the best

UPDATE - Officer involved shooting scene in Aurora. Multiple shots fired, one suspect dead. We'll learn more at 3:30
edit on 30-11-2015 by ReadLeader because: ag

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Lockdown Partially Lifted at Springs Hospital
Partially. Ugh a shooting?

PENROSE HOSPITAL, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
2m
Update: Penrose Hospital in Colorado Springs, Colo., says it is no longer on lock down; says there was a security concern, situation was resolved - @psfhs [Source]

edit on 11/30/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
where is the shooting - Aurora or Colorado springs?

Aurora is right outside of Denver.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Aurora, apparently early this a.m.

Linker

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Here is another article

Suspect shot by Aurora Police after hitting cop and stealing patrol car suspect

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
yep, it's a desperate few individuals down on Colfax and around Aurora....overall, I love that area.......where I learned to fix FB-111F weapon and radar systems......back then the U S A F rehab group barracks were there and they walked the streets after sneaking out....and would have to sneak back in......

Did you know I froze my young azz off up there....marching in columns to school at 5 A M in the morning...in oxford style uniform shoes....in December till April...minus 5 with winds....OK I stop now

I think it was smart of them to make us go out at 5:30 am.....I'll stop

in minus 5 degree condit...OK...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

My father was stationed @ Buckley AFB a lifetime ago; I was born there, but have not been back... looks beautiful!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Wow i think Colorado Springs was simply thrown in the headlines simply because of the last shooting.

Aurora is a long ways off from Colorado Springs. And this confused me alot because there is a Penrose Hospital here in the springs.

top topics

join