It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris Attacks Memorial Damaged in Climate Change Protest Clashes With Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
In a nutshell:
Climate Change demonstrators are desecrating Paris terror-attack victim's memorials, by throwing candles and memorial items at police.

I don't care how you want to color it, but Global Warming activists really are acting like rabid dogs here. This behavior cannot be justified....in any manner. It's wrong...period.

Sad. Just sad.

PARIS, Nov. 30 (UPI) -- A memorial site for the victims of recent militant attacks in Paris was destroyed when French riot police clashed with climate change protesters.

The incident occurred Sunday at the Place de la Republique, which had become a temporary memorial for the 130 victims of the Nov. 13 Islamic State attacks in Paris. About 200 protesters clashed with police ahead of Monday's 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference, also known as COP21.

The protest in Paris was part of a larger Global Climate March, which planned for 2,100 events to be held worldwide. Organizers said it was one of the largest climate change protests in history, in which a possible 570,000 people in 175 countries participated.

The protesters in Paris ignored the country's state of emergency that forbids demonstrations. Organizers said they put out about 10,000 empty shoes near the Place de la Republique to represent those who could not attend the climate change protest due to the demonstration ban.

The protest intensified throughout Sunday, with about 4,500 people forming a human chain around midday. Some protesters allegedly began throwing candles and other objects from the memorial site at police.

French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said the violence at the Place de la Republique was disrespectful to the memory of the victims of the recent attacks.

French President Francois Hollande said "everything will be done" to keep violent protesters away from the climate change conference, adding that the violence at the Place de la Republique was "scandalous."

At least 174 people were jailed for possible charges, Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said.

www.upi.com...

www.frequency.com...

Paris Attacks Memorial Candles Hurled At Police As Climate Protest Turns Violent

www.viralnews365.com...[edit by]edit on 30-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It's sad that some among the crowd had to turn violent, but I am compelled to ask if you believe these protesters and their actions somehow de-legitimizes the reality of climate change?

Also, do you believe that those that push the CC agenda are willing to do anything to further the cause, or as you said "nothing else matters"?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I wonder how many of these people actually are there for ManBearPig purposes and are instead fulltime anarchists/protestors that just run around the world acting like miscreant assholes.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
It's sad that some among the crowd had to turn violent, but I am compelled to ask if you believe these protesters and their actions somehow de-legitimizes the reality of climate change?

Also, do you believe that those that push the CC agenda are willing to do anything to further the cause, or as you said "nothing else matters"?

I think these actions reflect very poorly upon the character, focus and dedication of those demonstrating...as for the 'reality' of Climate Change' or it's legitimacy, this isn't about MY personal opinion on the issue. I'm not tearing up memorials to innocent victims of terrorism to throw at public servants...in order to make a statement.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I wonder how many of these people actually are there for ManBearPig purposes and are instead fulltime anarchists/protestors that just run around the world acting like miscreant assholes.

LOL! kind of something, sort of like that!
that's definitely a piece of prose that Cap'n Birdseye should take note of.
Anyway, I do think it's strange that these people are turning up all of a sudden, and seemingly looking for a rub. I go for rent a mob.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

allegedly began throwing candles and other objects from the memorial site at police.

Allegedly...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

LOL! kind of something, sort of like that!
that's definitely a piece of prose that Cap'n Birdseye should take note of.
Anyway, I do think it's strange that these people are turning up all of a sudden, and seemingly looking for a rub. I go for rent a mob.

You're not suggesting that the mob could be led by a few undercover policemen by any chance...surely not.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Allegedly...

In French since it is appropriate:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
No matter the cause , you have folks in all groups that are radicals. They have to get their cause out the only way they know how...violence. They do not realize the kind of attention they draw is not what the cause needed . This type only serves to turn people against whatever they are about.The people "on the fence" will mostly go the other way after this type of behavior . Shame...

(BTW I do not believe in AGW but I do believe in debate and peaceful demonstrations no matter which side it is for)

Peace...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So CNN and Fox aren't covering the protests in Paris today.

Hmm.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

You're not suggesting that the mob could be led by a few undercover policemen by any chance...surely not.

Well, I'm not so sure about police, but there is some entity or more playing mind games that has little to do with crapshiite AGW.

To add, I wonder if any of those protesting against AGW, wanting more done, and hi-jacking the starvation of poor countries meme, (which is true, with or without AGW) have ever bothered to look at the pretty pictures of where all the data comes from?

Here's UOA...probably in Arizona
, badly, badly wrong.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
Another,
Marville, asphalt, vehicles, AC, buildings..badly wrong.
Another,
Wickenburg, temp gauge, asphalt, buildings reflected heat.......

.......looky here, another view
A whacking great AC plant waste heat caresses the gauge.

If you look hard enough, you'll probably find one beside a barby..somewhere.
edit on 30-11-2015 by smurfy because: Text, and pretty pictures.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Wow, are you really trying to subtly justify this?

I don't associate with CC "activists" because I don't want to associate with people who desecrate the memorial of victims of a massacre. The fact that the other CC protestors didn't stop them speaks volumes as to who they really are.

If I was there, heads would have been getting knocked.

EDIT:To answer your question: Yes, especially with these actions.

Environmentalists have a long history of eco terrorism in their past. I'm not claiming this incident is Terrorism, but it speaks volumes to the fact that they have managed to get hundreds of people to desecrate a memorial for a massacre just to complain to many cars are using gasoline.
edit on 30-11-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Wow, are you really trying to subtly justify this?

No. I asked questions to get a feeling for the intent of the OP.

I don't associate with CC "activists" because I don't want to associate with people who desecrate the memorial of victims of a massacre

Do CC activists have a history of desecrating memorials for the victims of massacres?

The fact that the other CC protestors didn't stop them speaks volumes as to who they really are.

Are you trying to make the case that since others in the group didn't stop the idiots that they support what they did?

If I was there, heads would have been getting knocked.

Sure. Whatever you have to tell yourself, macho man.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
they are worried about the Giant flying boulders

www.chicagotribune.com...

Standing atop a 60-foot cliff overlooking the Atlantic, James Hansen - the retired NASA scientist sometimes dubbed the "father of global warming" - examines two small rocks through a magnifying glass. Towering above him is the source of one of the shards: a huge boulder from a pair locals call "the Cow and the Bull," the largest of which is estimated to weigh more than 1,000 tons.

The two giants have long been tourist attractions along this rocky coast. Perched not far from the edge of a steep cliff that plunges down into blue water, they raise an obvious question: How did they get up here?

Compounding the mystery, these two are among a series of giant boulders arranged in an almost perfect line across a narrow part of this 110-mile-long, wishbone-shaped island.

Hansen and Paul Hearty - a wiry, hammer-slinging geologist from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington who has joined him here as a guide - have a theory about these rocks. It's so provocative - and, frankly, terrifying - that some critics wonder whether the man who helped spawn the whole debate about the dangers of climate change has finally gone too far.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Skeptical Climate Documentary Set to Rock UN Climate Summit – ‘Climate Hustle’ To Have Red Carpet Premiere in Paris

www.climatedepot.com...

(Sorbonne, Paris) CFACT will hold the world premiere of its long-awaited Climate Hustle skeptical documentary film at an invitation-only red carpet event in Paris during the UN’s COP 21 international summit on climate change.
Featuring interviews and comments from more than 30 renowned scientists and climate experts, Climate Hustle lays out compelling evidence that devastates the global warming scare. Film host Marc Morano, founder and publisher of CFACT’s award-winning Climate Depot news and information service, leads viewers on a fact-finding and often times hilarious journey through the propaganda-laced world of “climate change” claims.
The film is the first climate documentary to profile scientists who have reversed their views from supporting the so-called “consensus” position to a conversion to skepticism. The film also profiles politically left scientists who have now declared themselves skeptics of man-made global warming and United Nations scientists who have now turned against the UN for “distorting” climate science.
David Rothbard, CFACT president and executive producer of the film says, “Climate Hustle is the most important climate documentary since Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth. Gore’s film kicked off a decade of scaremongering junk science. CFACT’s film debunks the scare and clears the way for a return to sound science and rational debate.”
Nationally syndicated columnist Cal Thomas calls Climate Hustle “tremendous” and says “anyone who still believes in ‘climate change’ after watching this film needs the type of reprogramming given to cult members.”

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Why exactly is climate denial science in a movie and not a peer review paper? Why do we have to pay to access the content? Why is the movie a limited release?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Maybe you should ask Al Gore ther very same question?

Inconvenient Truth?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Who cares about that movie? I certainly don't. I have plenty of peer reviewed material that I can use to show that Global Warming is true. How about you? Got anything to prove it isn't besides a silly movie made by a "scientist"?

new topics

top topics

active topics

join