It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Sublimecraft

There is a gun control problem and a mental health problem. Both have to be dealt with. There needs to be better mental health care and easier access to it . There needs to be less guns and more difficult access to them.

I don't know why this sounds unreasonable or makes President Obama a Muppet.

Nobody wants to talk about mental health problems unless it's an excuse to push a gun control agenda. A real talk about mental health will lead into a discussion about the reckless practices in psychiatry.

This affects advertisers and many mainstream networks will not have it.

Obama will not talk about it either. He has proven himself to be a sell out. For example, he signed the monsanto protection act. I don't think monsanto is even close to the amount of money that big pharmacy companies have.

If monsanto can buy itself protection, then big pharmacy can buy itself superman clothes.

We will get nowhere when both sides have multiple agendas and things to hide.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Enjoy your guns, but please help stop them falling in the wrong hands-please.

That is the government's job, not private citizens. It would be nice if said government actually enforced the myriad of laws already on the books.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: wildb

Access. To news, to guns, to hate talk. I blame the internet.

No access to news, 24/7 access to propaganda on every channel.
Pushing fear, despair and hatred in a million subtle ways.
Abandonment of church, community and moral principles.
The effects are cumulative and deadly when a person feels they have no reason to live.
For all the hope and change rhetoric there's less hope than ever and far more change than most can swallow.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Colorado is a gun control state.

Didn't work.

Glad I don't have to call this idiot my Commander in Chief anymore.

Exactly and i'll be Very Pleased when he Moves Out of Our HOUSE.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
relax the establishment is on your side for a change. Nobody wants to kill an industry that makes money.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I don't know...Maybe it's all the stuff you said about guns murdering people?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildb
Sundown at Coffin Rock, good read and on topic..

www.firearmsandliberty.com...

Perfect I read this story many years ago in the Blue Press.
The way Our Childrens Education is Controlled by the Government
this could some day happen.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Knife control, You mean exactly like the recent knife control rallies in the UK?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

Perfect I read this story many years ago in the Blue Press. The way Our Childrens Education is Controlled by the Government this could some day happen.

Thats where I first saw it, boy I miss the covers. Yes I would bet one day that will happen, but not in our life time..

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

Gee I don't know why murder isn't already illegal.

Oh wait it is.

So Obama is urging us to make it tougher on those people who don't break the LAW.

In a nutshell Obama, and his supporters of gun control just love BIG GOVERNMENT.

Want gun ownership to be made a crime.

After all I and million of other gun owners haven't shot anyone that is already against the law.

No people we have to submit to bold face fascist authoritarianism, and constiutional rights don't mean jack snip.

You know that constitutional rights to keep, and bear arms.

Those constitutional rights to trial by juries, and crimes be proven in courts of law.

And that 14th amendment right about EQUAL protections under the law.

The STATE and Obama clearly say some people in this country have more constitutional rights than others.

Hell even if the 99% of gun owners don't do anything wrong.

Doesn't matter.

We 'need' more gun control for something that is already in violation of existing laws.

'Thanks Obama' pushing the same crap every day for the past 7 years.

'Thanks Obama' for latching on to every single sensationalized new story about an ACTION commited by the 1%.

edit on 29-11-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It's funny that when a Muslim carries out a terrorist attack, its not all Muslims that are bad, just the one that did the deed. When an illegal commits a crime, its not all illegals that are bad, just the one that did the deed. When someone's car plows into a crowd of people on halloween, its not all drivers that are bad, its just the one that did the deed. But when some loon shoots up a business, all gun owners are vilified.

I'm rather tired of the left's BS. Between the constant plea for gun control and creating "safe spaces" free of microaggressions, triggers, and whatever other asinine things they need to avoid to not have a total mental break down, maybe it's time we start separating ourselves.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Law or no law...they will not be taking the weapons of those who want to keep them. These elitists murderers have broken a myriad of laws to circumvent our constitution, therefore....the laws that were created are null and void. Our law is the constitution, and any politician who doesn't follow it..should not be in power.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: skoalman88

You know, I have heard of these safe spaces ...

They are rigidly controlled living spaces where one's day and time are regimented and closely watched and controlled. One is kept isolated and separate from one's peers except for very closely supervised and controlled recreation periods. All of your basic wants are provided for - food, clothing, shelter, health care.

The funny thing is that the left hates these too.

I am speaking of course about prisons.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: skoalman88
It's funny that when a Muslim carries out a terrorist attack, its not all Muslims that are bad, just the one that did the deed. When an illegal commits a crime, its not all illegals that are bad, just the one that did the deed. When someone's car plows into a crowd of people on halloween, its not all drivers that are bad, its just the one that did the deed. But when some loon shoots up a business, all gun owners are vilified.

I'm rather tired of the left's BS. Between the constant plea for gun control and creating "safe spaces" free of microaggressions, triggers, and whatever other asinine things they need to avoid to not have a total mental break down, maybe it's time we start separating ourselves.

Every time there is a terrorist attack start arguing for religion control.

TWO can play that game.

Of course the left would scream bloody murder about how constitutional rights are being denied.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It depends on which religion you start talking about. In this case, they are convinced already this was a white Christian anti-abortion activist, so they would probably agree whole-heartedly on both counts - gun control and religion control.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well that's true.

The US admonish's christians like the latest PP propaganda.

But if it is muslims fanatics the administration would just arm them, and give them ak-47s.

Truth be told neither one likes abortion.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
To all the gun control advocates;

Weren't you also the ones who were in horror at the thought of Trump putting immigrants in databases? And here you are, wanting to put average gun owning citizens into databases.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
I carry mine because I like them. We use them for recreation. I use them to hunt. I go to the rifle range with my daughters and wife and shoot targets and when I go out and about I place one in my holster. I've never felt like I needed it, I don't carry it out of fear, I never grab it out of anger but if my family is ever threatened you bet your kilt I'll use it to defend them.
By the way, I respect your willingness to learn and seriously ask questions.

edit on 29-11-2015 by chefc14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
To all the gun control advocates;

Weren't you also the ones who were in horror at the thought of Trump putting immigrants in databases? And here you are, wanting to put average gun owning citizens into databases.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

300 million citizens, approx 3 times that many guns and you have a shooter with mental issues and all of a sudden "gimme ya guns" rears it's ugly head again.

That's probably one of the best points anyone could make in the gun debate. If they're so worries about peoples' lives, then there are so many other things that easily outweigh gun violence. Yeah, gun violence happens, but s*** happens.

A well armed populace is perhaps the greatest national defense that a country can have. It's one of the top defenses anyway.

Also, how many people die in automobile accidents everyday? People have been going all GTA lately too. Should we then enact vehicular control legislation?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join