It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I Turned 40 today...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Yep. I'm officially "old".
Some days I feel it more than others. No one can tell that I'm 40. I still get carded when I buy booze at places I don't frequent on a regular basis.
I already went through my mid-life crisis and divorce. So what's left in Life?

I feel like Stan from South Park in the excellent two part "Ass Burgers" storyline. Music all sounds like #, movies are all #, tv shows (excluding South Park) are nearly all #, professional sports are one big advertisement, college sports are indentured servitude to perhaps make it to the level of being a pro walking ad...

I do find joy in quite a few things. A good dog. My incredible girlfriend. My children. My parents who are getting old all of a sudden.

I'm officially old enough to know better, but just barely young enough to try. Although without health insurance, I won't be teaching my kids how to ollie on a skateboard anytime soon.

I don't know. It's strange that I have reached this "milestone" age and really think it's just the beginning...

That's all, folks. If you read this far, thank you and have a great day

The 40 year-old owlbear

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Welcome to the club.

And Happy Birthday!

edit on 28-11-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I will turn 61 in january do you want to trade?

Forgot...Happy birthday!
edit on 28-11-2015 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I've got Geritol older than you. Happy Birthday !

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Happy Birthday...Young Person!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Op is the same age as my "baby". I have a few dresses in my closet almost
as old as he is.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Cheer up you share your birthday with my daughter she 12 today lol
so if today you feel down being being older today remember some 12 yr old girl in ohio is playing
with her new mp3 jamming out to red hot chilli peppers .
She has my taste in music lol.

I turned 36 a few days ago too so im right behind ya lol.

Otherwise Happy Birthday

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

(Is it now we all shall chime in in "Ol' Man River"?)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The world tells us 40 is old, but once you pass through that misinformation barrier you'll find that you haven't changed much. 10 years from now you'll look back on the 40's with fond memories.

Old is when you friends and neighbors begin dying off and you can't get it up anymore.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think that every decade you turn 10,20,30,40,50,60 you always start feeling it nine years after so when you are 9 you feel ten is old because you still feel young and that happens every dacade. Im 32 and i feel mid 20's (also i get carded for 18 yea old limit items), my mother who is nearing 60 said just yesterday that she didnt feel old.

Recently i saw the movie self/less, a film about an expensive and highly secret body swapping technology - extending the brains lifetime by trading the old body for a younger one for more time.

I think we are all blessed with, in perfect conditions, a body that could live for as long as 150+ years and therefore a brain thats capable for lasting that long too - environmental factors bringing this number way way down and obviously bounded by any genetic restraints too.

Ever young we all feel

Happy birthday! Treat yourself to a gym membership or a new active hobby and keep that bod' in top condition, maybe you can keep doing things you thought you were "too old" to do, but your mind craves still

edit on b3636853 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
"Life begins at 40".
"At the age of 40, a man has the face that he deserves".
"You may be older than you've ever been before, but you are also younger than you will ever be again".

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Happy Birthday!

Age 40 is a milestone... just as is 30 to many. Funny how numbers can do that.
Just wait until you reach 60 and your kids humorously gift you with a box of Melba Toast

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Happy birthday. Forty isn't that bad.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock

(Is it now we all shall chime in in "Ol' Man River"?)

I had two Bostons. I never thought to put top hats and monocles on them.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Thanks everyone.
I guess what I was trying to say with my word salad of a thread was I don't feel old. I just feel jaded.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I turn 53 on Dec the 2nd......I await your whine 13 years from now. 40 the new 30...BS. 40 is 40 and 53 is as old as dirt....lest some days I feel that way. Let me inform you of body parts & gravity.....it sucks.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I turned 41 last July and I still haven't mentally adjusted to 40. I think about it, I mean actually think about it if I have to state my age for any reason and I'm still wondering how the hell it happened. I still feel young! No different really than my 20's and 30's. I definitely have changed, my beliefs and values are the same as when I was young just more honed. I do have arthritis and don't have the same endurance that I did but I'm not jaded, I still like new things, I still go dancing just about every Friday.

I just can't digest that I'm 40, well 41.

I know how you feel, Happy Birthday all the same.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Happy Birthday...Young Person! From: The almost 50 year old eriktheawful

Erik the awful !!?? Happy Birthday!!?? Poser. You're not that awful........

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
So what's left in Life?

The 40 year-old owlbear

It's only a number. I think you are looking at it the wrong way. It's not that you get older. It's that you realize how out of touch with reality that younger people are, and how annoying their lack of clarity can be.

The physical beauty of youth is of no value if they have no spirituality. And you at 40 are beginning to leave that behind. That's the good thing about aging. It forces us to associate with people who are generally more spiritual.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Some days I feel it more than others. No one can tell that I'm 40. I still get carded when I buy booze at places I don't frequent on a regular basis.
I already went through my mid-life crisis and divorce. So what's left in Life?

I feel like Stan from South Park in the excellent two part "Ass Burgers" storyline. Music all sounds like #, movies are all #, tv shows (excluding South Park) are nearly all #, professional sports are one big advertisement, college sports are indentured servitude to perhaps make it to the level of being a pro walking ad...

I do find joy in quite a few things. A good dog. My incredible girlfriend. My children. My parents who are getting old all of a sudden.

I'm officially old enough to know better, but just barely young enough to try. Although without health insurance, I won't be teaching my kids how to ollie on a skateboard anytime soon.

I don't know. It's strange that I have reached this "milestone" age and really think it's just the beginning...

That's all, folks. If you read this far, thank you and have a great dayee

The 40 year-old owlbear

Happy Birthday! Don't worry.... I'm still getting used to being 40 myself... Enjoy what you can of it 😁 make it all count!!!

<<   2 >>

join