It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO Annoying!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm getting so annoyed with some members' BS on these threads. The Colorado Springs shooting thread gets shut down/closed because people have to make it about race and abortion, run their mouths, etc. while those of us who are either local or interested and following the story are shut out.

The amount of trolls on ATS anymore is unreal. Go someplace else with your BS or just start BANNING these fools.

They are the same ones that troll ALL the forums, bring up race when it doesn't even relate to the story, etc. just to get on other members' nerves.

ATS just isn't what it used to be, at all, and it is because of the trolls.

Ban the trolls. Please.

/rant

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

That thread is full of information about the crisis but don't worry as more information is released more threads will be created about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The guy hadn't been arrested and people were already blaming conservatives and the videos.

Kind of funny when you see these same people defending Islam because of a few idiots and defending BLM because of a few idiots, but any chance given, they will blame anti-abortionists, all of Christianity, and right wing folks for the actions of a single idiot.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well since the videos release threats made against PP/abortion clinics have seen a dramatic increase so of course that correlation will be made.

In other news, that thread has been reopened.
edit on 27-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Of course it's annoying, but one can't help but identify with Muslims, and how they must feel everytime another terror attack occurs.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Yes, it is so annoying to see unarmed teenagers getting gunned down by cops
To see homeowners getting gunned down for questioning

And then, some real criminal, shooting up everyone, cuff em.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

How could the Planned Parenthood situation possibly be about race?

If someone brought up race then I am in agreement with you, OP.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Did you notice that even in this rant about how annoying you find it that people are doing this, some folks still couldn't help themselves from doing it in their response to you?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Are you referring to me? I don't recall bringing race into the equation but I did bring abortion into, you know, because Planned Parenthood.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The op said race and abortion, among other things. You still had to bring up the same thing you did, multiple times if I recall, in the thread op is talking about.

I don't care and you can have your opinion. We likely share the same opinion on it actually. You weren't the only one that did it though and it amused me.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

That thread is full of information about the crisis but don't worry as more information is released more threads will be created about it.

What same old thing did I bring up in my reply to the OP?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I'm sorry, I was attributing it to the incorrect reply. I was referring to your second reply about the video... and now I've mentioned it. See what you've done?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Of course, I was just replying my thoughts to that poster about how the shooter's motives could be related to PP.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I agree with you in that I believe there are people on this forum, whom it appears, are here to make comments that are designed to derail genuine discussion and disrupt the thread and shut it down one way or another.

There are sources on the net about how these people can be identified. These materials will help the reader to identify this activity when they see it.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Actually this is a really good point the OP is raising.

ATS is overrun with trolls and i think its about time there was a bit of a cleansing

I will not name names but i am sure we can all think of a few members who spam threads trollish behaviour on anything political, particularly when it comes to sensitive issues like Islam, abortion, race and so on.

ATS would be a much better place if they just banned all of these fools.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Agreed. .. I remember a time when. .. ... .... ..... ...... ....... ........ ......... .............

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's the same cast of characters every single time. There are about a half dozen members on this site (give or take, depending on the time of day, etc.) who are almost guaranteed to show up in any thread containing controversial political subject matter, brainlessly spouting Think Progress talking points, and another handful or so (with considerable ideological overlap) who do the same thing in the religious threads.

At any given time, we're looking at around a baker's dozen of people who are responsible for 90% of thread derailments and ignorant propaganda around here. Everyone knows who they are.

The problem is, those members are also some of the most prolific content "contributors". If they were banned, the volume of content would significantly diminish.

Wait, that would be a good thing. Perhaps not immediately helpful to the ATS bottom line in terms of click traffic, but enormously so to content quality...

...which is what made ATS so popular in the first place. Don't forget where your bread is buttered, boys.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

So you're saying the trolls of ATS are left wing liberals?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Trolls exist everywhere and when a troll makes its way to ATS sooner or later I'm sure they will be banned for racking up warning after warning. So never fear, the Mods are doing their jobs.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

So you're saying the trolls of ATS are left wing liberals?

"Not all trolls". But when I see someone being spiteful, vindictive, bigoted and ignorant, there is around a 90% probability that person is of certain political (statism) and religious (humanism--yes, it is a religion) persuasions.

Sometimes it's hard not to connect dots that are begging to be connected, right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join