It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.W.O God won't help you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Honestly there's really not much point in challenging some people's religious beliefs. People will believe what they want to believe, and as long as they're not harming anyone, I see no reason not to simply let them be.

You said it yourself - "Just my opinion". My country doesn't seem to have nearly as many fundamentalist Christians and Bible-bashers as the US, so I've never actually encountered anyone at all who believes that we're in the "end times" and that Jesus is going to reappear and so forth and so on, but my impression is that the people who hold such beliefs are, for the most part, harmless. Well, outside of fear mongering I suppose.

You can tell them otherwise until the cows come home, but it's very unlikely you'll actually alter someone's beliefs. People have been going on about the end of the world etc etc for millenia. It's nothing new.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepThoughtCriminal
My country doesn't seem to have nearly as many fundamentalist Christians and Bible-bashers as the US, so I've never actually encountered anyone at all who believes that we're in the "end times" and that Jesus is going to reappear and so forth and so on, but my impression is that the people who hold such beliefs are, for the most part, harmless. Well, outside of fear mongering I suppose.

Wow, that must be nice. Can I move in with you???

The U.S. must really seem strange and alien to outsiders. I don't think I like the fact that as an insider it seems normal because it's not normal, it's crazy.

Most are harmless but not all. Some are actively trying to bring on "world destruction" so that they can hurry the alleged process of getting their savior back here to save them. The rest just sit by idle and waiting for the end to come to them, which BTW is supposed to be a very bad ending meaning they simply allow all kinds of horrible stuff without doing anything because they think that is how it's supposed to work. So while they may not be actively causing harm they don't exactly do anything about it when someone else is causing it.
edit on 28-11-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join