It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS: 03.06: The Continued Erosion of Fourth Amendment Rights in The USA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
You're going to quote the fourth amendment to me and justify not only civil rights violations by the current police state but as well in other threads justify rights violations of whole nations…

mmm hmm.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to: projectvxn

Murder is the crime of intentionally killing a person. People who were actually attempting to murder an officer should be shot back at. The rest is just plain old fashioned murder.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmybob

You don't wait till someone shoots you to shoot back. That is tactically stupid.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Where did I do that?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Wow....What is this Nazi Germany? So since the guy is dead, then maybe he should of just shot the two jackboots as a preemptive defensive strike. This s### is getting ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Only when the people rise up and fight will things change. England didn't listen to people until ships were sunk and shots fired. Seems to me the governments are aware of this delima and are already preparing with more guns in police departments and attempts to ban them from citizens.
edit on 30-11-2015 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Another great ep.
I feel for you guys , having to live with that
sword of damocles ready to take out anyone.
The cops here also now have the power to shoot
first , ask questions later .
... ever since Paris.

Hey Joe , can't find Joeski on F/B ?
.... please advise .

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

Cops in the US have had that ability since the inception of law enforcement albeit not in the manner you described. Officers have the ability to escalate their level of force to overcome the level of resistance. The proper place to argue is in the courtroom and not with the officers.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If the officers have suspicion and don't need a warrant, then why did they knock on the door?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

edit on 1-12-2015 by JohnthePhilistine because: dumbass

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

America has lost the game a long time ago.
Students on campuses want safe spaces where they can be free from other viewpoints, not wanting to discuss anything with anyone, just living in their little bubble, not learning a damn thing, not accepting anything outside of their 4 walls.
The army is on a rampage wherever it goes, droning women and children, and then counts the victims via cia the certified methodology of "if it can lift a gun, it was a terrorist, no matter its gender, age, colour, religion".
The police is playing medieval war heroes on the streets, shooting people in 6 seconds after getting out of the police car, because they can do it.
Society is rampant with degenrated SJWs who cant argue, dont care about double standards, just want to feel special and have everyone respect them and hold them in high regard.
Your politicians can be bought for as much as 20 dollars. They literally take a dump on your life, rights, democracy, everything, they are going to represent whoever pays them. LITERALLY. Even if its the RSA or the NSA.
Being offended is now something that grants special rights and privileges, meanwhile common sense is becoming as rare as a frikin superpower.
Children are literally, factually brainwashed into patriotism, viewing america as some sort of light house in the darkness of the world, having a side of god to go along with it because religion is usually the solution to everything, especially at an early age.

Face it: You are done.
Your country is only a few steps away from becoming more of a threat to peace and/or democracy than any jihadist underdeveloped rabid muslim country out there.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Atma123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So, if you really want to see where the worst attack on the 4th Amendment is coming from, check out the adoption of "Administrative Search Warrants" in city ordinances for the use by building inspectors...it allows local government officials to pull warrants for reasons as little as your neighbors property looks bad or the people that used to live in your house caused problems...local city governments around the country are using this loophole in the 4th Amendment to perform annual mandatory inspections(and they usually bring a LEO when they pull an Admin Warrant) on rental units and owner financed mortgaged properties and the worst part is that the Supreme Court has deemed it legal!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
The term "warrior cop" is pretty catchy but sadly seems appropriate. Their are lots of war veterans that became cops I even know some of them and often wanted to ask if the training and over all instilled mentality is like what it was in the service or not. Its hard to convey what I am trying to say here but is it like they are being filled with a mentality they are at war or what?

I think you hit the nail on the head. How many of those vets come back with PTSD? Probably like 2/3 at least, especially if they saw combat.

They need to do a better job hiring the right kind of people to protect & serve, for a start.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck
We would be better off with cops that by nature are warrior monks like the beginnings of the masters of Kung Fu or something at least at ethos. I'm a combat vet, I'm not sure if I have ptsd or not, I have lots of friends that are policeman and hold other agency positions. They are not bad people.and are good cops. I see to often though warriors into civilian not go so well. I'm not sure if a better getting system is necessary, I think being a cop should involve a community vote, nomination and then a getting system.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I see to often though warriors into civilian not go so well. I'm not sure if a better getting system is necessary, I think being a cop should involve a community vote, nomination and then a getting system.

Exactly, if you look at how cops are selected and then consider the mini-boot camp that they go through, its easy to see why typical LEO's are so screwed up in the community relations aspects of their jobs. One area where I feel the typical "academy certificate" process is inadequate is in the later selection of "detectives". Sure, the "academy certificate", mini-boot camp, may be adequate for selecting beat cops and SWAT, but on the flip side of that process, it will almost always eliminate the types of people that would eventually become GREAT detectives. Once you really think about how some beat cops move up, to eventually become detectives, its very easy to see why LEO's across the country seem to have trouble actually solving crimes.

A few other deficient candidate selection areas are the Explosives Unit and K-9 Handlers. Imagine a veteran who's done a combat tour or two, as an EOD or K-9 handler, returning to civilian life in an LEO career. Once they successfully have gotten hired as an LEO, this EXPERIENCED person would then have to serve 3+ years as a beat cop, before they would be eligible to APPLY for the Explosives or K-9 units. What a HUGE WASTE of previous DOCUMENTED training and service time, letting hundreds of thousands of dollars of previous training costs, GO STALE, while this experienced person WAITS to merely become eligible to APPLY for a job that they already have 75%+ of the training completed! The typical LEO promotion and Specialty Unit selection processes are a JOKE in the United States! Tax paying citizens should be both outraged and ashamed of its existence.
edit on 14-12-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Deputies were there regarding an assault investigation, at some point Livingston decided the smart thing to do was fight the deputies, take possession of a deputies taser... and tase one of the deputies.

Fight with, and Tase a deputy.. get shot.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs
a reply to: Brotherman

Since Nixon started the war on drugs, Cops have been trained that certain communities of Americans must be seen as 'a potential threat' and must react aggressively when dealing with these communities. After 9/11 new communities of individuals were seen as a threat due to religion or ideology.
((snip))

I retired never receiving, or recall hearing of, this fictional training....

We were trained to consider individuals as potentials threats under specific scenarios, not communities... for the simple fact a department issues truncheon wont fit up an entire communities ass... and calling in airstrikes was against policy.
edit on 17-12-2015 by GovtFlu because: spelt

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GovtFlu

@Hubrisinxs

I have gone through 2 police academies in 2 different states and in addition to the agencies I have worked for there has never been any "instruction" on what "community" is a threat nor has there been any "instruction" on being aggressive towards any communities or socioeconomic stereotypes.

I have to agree with GovtFlu on the "fictional training" position and his explanation.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join