It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Media Censored Because Of New Law (We Are Change)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hmm, now with the current situation, this video could be the reason they shut it down:

Journalist in Turkey murdered, because she was exposing Turkey-ISIS ties

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

I'm not doubting that the site is down though. I'm doubting the reasons for why it was taken down.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ah I see. Well being somewhat familiar with wearechange they are probably pushing a state sponsored false flag narrative. They have been at that since 9/11 and it is pretty much what they do. They have been known for their very public ambush style confrontations with the elite. If that helps put things into perspective.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Now that illuminates some things and if what you say is true, I doubt We Are Change's story even more now. Sounds like the French version of Infowars. I could see AJ yelling that the government shut him down if his website went down because of some technical issue or something.
edit on 25-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
As far as I know this guy (WeAreChange) speaks the truth and is hitting the nail on the head on the current IS crisis.

And by the looks of it seems that the website is still down in France.. I will check with my French friends as well for confirmation. Anyways, you can check it for yourself via the following links:

www.uptrends.com...

"Lille: TCP Connection Failed" // "Paris: TCP Connection Failed"

asm.ca.com...

"France - Paris (frpar03): Not available"

And as mentioned before in this thread, this scenario was also predicted/explained by Gearoid O Colmain in this video.

Things are speeding up folks, keep yourself and others informed.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Having read the articles that are posed the following can be stated:

1) What many of these leaders need to be reminded, is that dissension is not equal to disloyalty. For any government or democracy to flourish, there needs to be voices that disagree with the party line, that encourages a robust debate. And if there is any conspiracy, there needs to be the voices that can give rise to arguments that are both logical and give rise to be noticed by their very nature. To state that this group or that group is an extremist on par with those who would use such as reason to commit acts of violence, is starting to demonize them and push them away, isolate them where it only confirms their suspicions and gives cause for more dissatisfaction. Such would, "Be in the winter of our discontent."

2) Europe and the EU do not have the same freedom of speech as the USA. Many times such speech is curtailed as being hate speech as a means to try to prevent problems from happening, or being too insulting. As a result too often such is discouraged, and even criminalized.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
You don't seem to value individual liberty over across the pond.

We do, we just don't spend time talking about it, when it's needed we act.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
I think the point Metallicus was making is some what true actually. The US was founded by people with a deep respect for individual freedom so the US does tend to have much more respect for personal liberty than most other developed nations, especially certain nations in the EU and the Commonwealth. People who live in the US tend to take it for granted because they don't know what it's like to live in a place with a more nannying type of government.

In Portugal many people (me included) see the US laws as too restrictive of people's rights.

There is hardly a nation on Earth where it's actually legal to buy and smoke marijuana for recreational use. Even in EU nations where it's not really a crime, it's still technically a crime and there is a lot of legal loopholes being exploited.

Portugal decriminalized drug use some years ago, so drug use (of any kind) is not a crime, if the person is considered addicted then it's a health issue, no loopholes needed. Being a health problem it falls under the privacy between doctor and patient, so nobody needs to know about it, that's why drug screening in private companies, for example, has to be done by a doctor and the results are only known by the doctor, that should act accordingly. As nobody can be fired because of a health problem nobody can be fired directly for using drugs.

In summary, citizens of the United States shouldn't take for granted the ideals their nation was founded upon, straying from those ideals in the name of the greater good will pave the path to hell.

They shouldn't assume that they are special either, all humans think have the same goals and dreams.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: snchrnct

It's working for me, with a 0.9s ping.

Also, using a French proxy I could see the site.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20075308]ArMaP
Portugal decriminalized drug use some years ago, so drug use (of any kind) is not a crime, if the person is considered addicted then it's a health issue, no loopholes needed. Being a health problem it falls under the privacy between doctor and patient, so nobody needs to know about it, that's why drug screening in private companies, for example, has to be done by a doctor and the results are only known by the doctor, that should act accordingly. As nobody can be fired because of a health problem nobody can be fired directly for using drugs.

In summary, citizens of the United States shouldn't take for granted the ideals their nation was founded upon, straying from those ideals in the name of the greater good will pave the path to hell.

They shouldn't assume that they are special either, all humans think have the same goals and dreams.

So you aren't allowed to fire an employee for using drugs? Who enforces that?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: purplemer

Europeans don't have the same respect for individual liberty as Americans. They also don't have a Constitution that guarantees free speech. Unfortunately these things can happen when an Authoritarian government puts the needs of 'society' above the rights of the individual.

I truly hope you realise that Europe is not a country in itself.
I can tell you however that free speech is garanteed in the Dutch Constitution, described in article 7 of it and I wouldn't know any nation in the EU, that wouldn't have the same in their constitutions.
However, correct me if I'm wrong on this.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Alto88

The national authority for work conditions. When a worker thinks he/she got wronged in any way they can make a complaint.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join