It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40% of millennials favor government censorship

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Speech offensive to minorities is pretty different than free speech altogether.

I am a minority.

I'm a Hispanic immigrant who was born in a 3rd world country. Grew up poor on the streets of LA and Las Vegas. I joined the US army and am part of a very small minority of combat veterans.

Liberals seem to think that all Hispanics think alike, and if that isn't enough military personnel are all "brainwashed killers". You wanna talk about respect? Look in the mirror.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Bottom line? Free speech is okay. except for any speech that someone might find offensive. :-/

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Had I cared to post about what Europeans had to say about the idea, I would have included that aspect of it.

I didn't.

So I didn't.

Again, my only interest was in the apparent disparity between one generation of people and the rest. If you wish to discuss how Europeans feel about censorship compared to how Americans do, by all means create a thread.

I found a study for you.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Imagine if any of these people ever had to work on an oil rig.... heh.. microaggression... lulz.

I do. Its not what it used to be. You really have to watch what you say, these days. Theres a no hazing policy, and its taken pretty seriously. Your job is on the line.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Judging them based on the kind of music they listen too is say they are retarded..

And I'm a millennial.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So what I got out of this article is Millennials aren't as racist as previous generations?

The previous generations tore down the country/economy with their greed and lack of foresight. Leaving the Millennials with nothing but a polluted world, and a country that's about at the edge of crumbling at its foundation. Yet have the audacity to slander an entire generation because they have different views. All I see is a bunch of ignorance in this thread. Have fun with your Millennial gang-bang thread.

I blame the parenting if anything.
edit on 23-11-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
A shampoo company can claim that 9 out of 10 people prefer their products-does that mean 6+ billion people prefer Pantene? of course not.

Are you hating me because I'm beautiful?

If only these kids knew how hard it is to comb marble...

Back to reality-- I've been blessed to assist in the indirect upbringing
of some public school exponents. i'm grateful to say those three I've
temporarily watched out for weren't just smart-- but ought to do pretty
well later on. I'm a boomer late-comer with the first eight grades in a
private Protestant prison. The teachers were strict but they knew
their revolutionary stuff. It was at the same time an advantage and curse.

Moral: don't let the public school do the whole job, it won't be too
good a job on purpose. For the accuracy of the poll-- time will tell.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thought this article applies nicely to this thread:

Millennial Optimism
We are a product of the generations that came before us. Millennials came of age during a period of severe economic downturn and political uncertainty. We watched our parents struggle and lived with the strain of current events. We have lived through more tragedies and natural disasters in our 15 to 30 years of existence than many have experienced in a lifetime. Millennials are constantly being referred to as “lazy” and “entitled,” but we are working against factors that our predecessors never had to face. We are coming of age and inheriting the economic and political mess created by those that came before us.

Yet, in the face of these difficulties, we remain optimistic about our futures and the worthiness of humanity. We are connecting with each other, getting involved in our communities, and pursuing higher education in higher numbers than ever before. Millennials are quickly becoming the most outspoken and involved generation, and while that might scare older generations, we have a voice and we are going to use it.

Link

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Like every generation before, there are some absolutely brilliant and very savvy Millennials and some dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks ones, too. The rocks will hold down what could be achieved just like they did for previous generations.

Money and resources will be diverted to "rock" issues, while the smart and ambitious have to scrabble and maneuver to get accomplished what their generation needs to accomplish for the next one.

What worries me is that some of the "rocks" are now "teaching" in our public schools.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: fartlordsupreme
a reply to: Hecate666

the dissociation and hypocrisy present in this post is staggering

Count the stars of agreement to my post compared to yours. I don't even know what you are on about. Care to elaborate a little more?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
already said this once, but it's to our advantage having idiots around us. easier to command to our will. if they are dumb enough to buy into PClike nonsense, then put them to good use slave driving for those who got it better together. i'm all for using the idiots, i mean they breed like rabbits, muck up the scenery, might as well milk em for all their worth.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join