It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugees, ISIS and localized Muslims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
How do you all feel about Syria refugees coming over to America? Should we close that pipeline? In case a sleeper cell or two gets through? Or just continue it as is?

I have a story for you all. Yesterday, I was browsing my Facebook news feed and a guy I know here in town had apparently went to the local grocery store to pick up a few things. Anyway, there were 4 ladies there dressed up in full Burkas (veiled black full suits and cannot see their faces) and they wasn't speaking English either. The guy I know took a few sneak pics of them and posted them on his Wall. The replies were outrageous. "OMG THEY ARE ALREADY HERE?" or "IS THAT ISIS?" and this and that. He said that the Muslim ladies looked extremely nervous the whole time and fumbling around with their goods and purses etc and people were just staring at them. He said that fear and anger was thick in the air so he got his wife and kid and just got the hell out of there. This is redneck country we are in here, so it wouldn't surprise me if something bad happened to innocent Muslims here or anywhere else in the South honestly due to what has been happening in the world regarding ISIS.

Being a Muslim in America right now can't be too comforting. Its sad that a large majority of us paint them all with the same brush, but its true. Whether its warranted or not is up for debate. I can honestly see both sides of that particular fence. Some folks just want to keep their families safe and meanwhile, others use logic and understand that not all Muslims are radically bad people.

Which begs the question. If Muslims are getting frowned upon here in America by a large majority of folks, then why do refugees from the middle east even want to come over here? Why go where you're not wanted?

I also fully believe that we need to stop calling ISIS radical Muslims and call them for what they truly are: A Death Cult. al-Qaeda were radical Muslims, ISIS isn't however. IMO anyway.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I feel that you should take them all. Your country is bigger than mine and your government spearheaded the war that created this power vacuum.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

So somebody offers you a bowl of M&M candies...and tells you: "Take ALL you want...only 10% of them are poisoned!"
Do you take even one? Would you want your family or friends to take any?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Cue the Muslim sympathizers in, 1,2,3...........

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The states should continue to let refugees as not doing so would be very un-christian like. Besides america was built by refugees.

There really is no need to worry as it is hard for refugees to get there as they need to wait sometimes up to 2 years before people are accepted in due to the long time it takes for background checks and what not.

They should say f the states and come to canada. We are accepting 25 thousand before new years this year. We want more people in canada to help our economy and not to mention we dont have the hatred the states have for people who are different. We got rid of our racist sexist pm and replaced him with some one who actually cares about everyone minus the super rich.

So refugees come to canada if you want help, support, to be treated like a human being and did I mention we have free healthcare.

Dont bother with the states as cops kill people regularly, they have racist biggots running for office, more then half the population is ignorant and doesnt want you there, But in canada we love and respect all people as equals.

To be honest american christians scare me more then any muslim.
edit on 031115p50320 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
How do you know those women couldn't speak english? Wouldn't you be fidgeting too if people were staring at you in the grocery store and taking your pics without permission? Did you make this dude up and it was actually you and your family there afraid of the ninjas? Ready or not, here they come, gonna find you...ya..this OP stinks, can i get a 'shadow people are following me' instead?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

So somebody offers you a bowl of M&M candies...and tells you: "Take ALL you want...only 10% of them are poisoned!"

Good analogy. It's basically Russian Roulette. Only you don't get to know when it's your turn.

As for the OP though, women in burkas down here in Australia everywhere. One was even pulled over by police and refused to take it off to be identified, screamed racism in the media and made a complaint that the cop had tried to rip her burka off. The cops had dashcam video but in court the stupid judge said he can't prove it was her, and she got off.

lmao, you couldn't make that stuff up...

and this is how the community wore it.

More than a dozen Muslim supporters linked arms and began chanting "Allah Akbar" as they stormed out of Downing Centre Court with Mrs Matthews concealed behind them.

Tempers rose and they began jostling with police after several members of the group attacked cameramen.

Just your average moderates living the free life, I guess..

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Exitt

Wow, assume much? And no, I didn't make this up. Friend said they were not speaking English. I have no reason to not believe him either.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

But just because they were not speaking english doesnt mean that they cant.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

Besides america was built by refugees.

You mean persecuted European immigrant conquerors right?
edit on 20-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Pretty gross simplification...
Which I know is a fun tactic but we are not talking a bowl of candy but people.

People escaping the same violence you say they are bringing.

So screw your anaolgy and lets talk about them like they are people, not candy or dogs.
The vetting process is something like 18 months, lets not act like we are just bringing them over willy nilly.

So lets test that bowl of candy for 18 months then get back to me about how many are poisoned.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

But what if a few of them are sleeper cells and get through the cracks? Its very possible. Our agencies cannot possibly have intel on every single one of these refugees. We aren't just talking about a handful of refugees here, but thousands and thousands of them. There has to be a tipping point where there are simply too many to look over and monitor. Unless you only let a few over at a time, but still. I'd like to see the ratio of how many we turn down vs how many we let over.

Wasn't the Fort Hood shooter Nidal Hasan fully "vetted" and went through the process too? Or was he a born American? I'm not fully sure, but I am certain there are some examples out there of where this entire system has failed before.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Lol, I was joking anyway. I think we're all in this crisis together.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
ISIS created the refugee flood out of Syria so it could sneak it's operatives into other nations.

But as one member has mentioned, 90% (probably more actually) of the people are probably genuine refugees who just want to go home when it's safe to do so.

Don't forget that there are Christians and other religious minorities among those people too.

We need to treat an old problem in a new way. Break down the refugees into ethnic and religious groups and send them to countries that have similar cultures. That would most likely mean that the Muslim population stays in the middle east. To help out, the UN and other nations could provide financial support in the form of donations to help cover the cost of housing and feeding these refugees.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I agree there is a chance that some of them are trying to do nefarious things, but refuse to allow that to lay these blanket generalizations on them all.

There are more people, IMO, that are trying to escape the violence and put their loved ones in a better situation then coming over to cause violence.

And not sure about the fort hood shooter but again that doesn't prove anything other then a guy decided he wanted to go shoot some people.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You must have forgot the part where the UN & US inspect every candy to ensure none are poisoned.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Candies won't starve and be tortured or murdered if you deny them sanctuary, but if you want to use that analogy, it also works with:

1. guns
2. car travel
3. air travel
4. men (not all men are rapists and serial killers and mass shooters, but the vast majority of rapists and serial killers and mass shooters are men)
5. showering (have you seen the statistics on how many slip and fall in the shower causing major injuries and even DEATH?)

Obviously I could go on, so should we eliminate guns, car travel, air travel, men and personal hygiene due to the risks they pose?

edit on 20-11-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Nope I meant refugees. Australia was populated with persecuted immigrants.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

I thought Australia was populated with criminals we didn't want?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You must have forgot the part where the UN & US inspect every candy to ensure none are poisoned.

Hi...yeah, hold on, while I run out to ask FRANCE how vetting refugees worked out for them.

<<   2 >>

join