It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pigeons and other animals that can detect cancer .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
www.plosone.org...

A study published in PLOS ONE involved training 16 pigeons to identify malignant and benign tissue in mamogram scans.It turns out birds can be taught to recognize evidence of benign or malignant tissue in mammogram scans and biopsy slides.

After nine days of training, the birds were able to cancerous scans from benign images more than 80% of the time.

Next researchers grouped them together for a technique called "flock sourcing" — in which the pigeons essentially "voted" on what the image showed. They produced even greater accuracy of 99%.

www.aol.com...

Its not only instance of animals being used in human medical treatments.

Dogs that can sniff out cancer have been approved for use in a trial by the British NHS.

www.mirror.co.uk...

A charity which works with NHS trusts and universities, has gained permission to conduct further trials, after an initial study showed trained dogs can detect prostate cancer 93% of cases.

Its thought that the dogs amazing sense of smell is the reason that they are so successful at detecting cancer.

There is also more dubious claims that dolphins have the ability to detect cancer.

news.yahoo.com...

Patricia Stoops of Panama City, Florida claims that a Dolphin named Keppler first diagnosed her lung cancer.

“Thank God to this little dolphin, Keppler. He saved my life,” said Stoops .

Cancer finding Dolphins may seem far fetched ,but lets not rule out the medical potential of these amazing lifeforms.

There exists a fair amount evidence that Dolphins can detect pregnancy in human females.

www.natureworldnews.com...

Whatever the case i think its fair to say that we should give attention to the potentail of the animal kingdom when it comes human medicine.
edit on 19-11-2015 by thebabyseagull because: fixed link

edit on 19-11-2015 by thebabyseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Great article. I have always believed that my Cat and the majority of animals still communicate with a Higher force, power. I also believe that they can see your aurora to see where the sickness is. Wow animals are GREAT.

new topics

join