It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Fired for Calling 6-yr-old “Transgender Boy” Student a Girl

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: deliberator

Just because you dress up for Halloween doesn't mean you are really a witch. You aren't what you dress up as you are what God made you. This is more PC garbage.

You have a terrible grasp on the subject.

You are thinking about it ass backwards.

Transgender individuals don't dress up to TRY and be different.

No matter what they wear, they identify with the opposite sex. The clothes only make them feel more comfortable in their shoes. Just like how a lady likes to dress in lady clothes....

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

The child's parents happen to be 2 homosexual males that encourage her to "be a boy"

OR, she loves them, identifies with them, admires them, and is modeling herself after them. If that's the case, when her own hormones kick in, that will change, or it won't. There is NO reason to make a decision now. Maybe just 'humor' her a little. She can pretend like she's a boy if she wants to. If it turns out she is a boy, then adjust accordingly.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Case closed.

We have a lying teacher who decided to jump on the religious persecution complex bandwagon.

Everything to see here, move closer.

Really take it all in, people!

Abhorrent!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermarket2012

originally posted by: TzarChasm
6 yrs old and already transgender? i thought people waited until at least after puberty to start deciding whether they really feel like a man or a woman.

Nah. Many transgender individuals already knew by the time they were 5 or 6 that their bodies didn't match their gender identity. It is just because of how society treats people who are different that they usually hide this in order to fit in.

6 years old isnt all that far away from when boy and girl cousins take baths together because nakedness hasnt taken on a sexual aspect yet. of course, in such a sex-rich culture as what america boasts, maybe they are sensitive to their sexuality even by that age.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Case closed.

We have a lying teacher who decided to jump on the religious persecution complex bandwagon.

Abhorrent!!!

Religious, and personal opinion aside. It is hard to accept that a child can make this kind of distinction and choice on their own at that age.

It's important in this case that they don't overlook that fact. It's difficult, the case could go other way depending on what way they choose to look at this.

Is it a case of a teacher refusing a person their right to identify? The teachers say its a religion issue, but even past that, its an issue of cognitive development and whether not the child is even serious about the issue himself.

Like I said, I don't know the situation full, but in my opinion the case can go either way if the details are faulty.
edit on 18-11-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Case closed.

Abhorrent!!!

Oh. Then nevermind what I said.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Vector99
Reading again, I thought this sounded somewhat familiar. The child's parents happen to be 2 homosexual males that encourage her to "be a boy".

Take from that what you would like...

What would you like us to take from it?

Is there some greater likelihood of something because his parents are same-sexed?

Lol

Oh the old argument "Just because they're homosexual, doesn't mean they will raise gay kids."

Smack - right in the face with the facts of the article...

"What? What's wrong here, what you saying??"

Brilliant, the plan is working perfectly.

6 years old and she is already in the media for her 'parents' using her as a living doll..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

What don't you understand? Charlie said, "case closed" so it's case closed. That isn't enough justification for you?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

We've had two people share alternate sources in which a school spokesperson has completely denied the allegations of religious freedom being the case.

This is clearly the case of a wingnut jumping on the "my freedoms" bandwagon, and to good effect, until the 2 sources were shared on page 1 most bought the tripe.

Even I nearly did.

That's why I read threads entirely now before posting to the OP...

Sorry for the diatribe.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

No what you said is also important, angel...

Let's not sweep it under the rug, this is clearly a case of he parents placating the little boys musings and not being dictatorial parents deciding what he'll identify as.

Humouring is right. imo.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Here is a camp for transgender kid. They start at age 8. The camp is expanding to handle more kids.

Welcome to Camp Aranu'tiq of Harbor Camps: a nonprofit program serving transgender & gender-variant youth & their families.

www.camparanutiq.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

They're not using him!

At all...

And he is not gay, he identifies as male.

There is no mention of a gay or straight child anywhere in any of the sources shared.

Wingnut.
edit on 18-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Elaboration.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh this is such a complicated matter and things of this nature always need to be treated on an individual basis.

Granted, six year olds may not have their entire life figured out or be capable of making decisions that will affect them in adulthood but it is entirely possible that their sense of self, whether they are a girl or a boy, is well established by that age. When you were that age, didn't you know what you were?

Most gender dysphoric children also exhibiting atypical gender behavior and transgender aspirations desist near puberty. Many will simply grow up to (usually) be gay but not all. There is less emotional harm done if a child of this age is allowed to express themselves as they wish compared to a child having these feelings and being forbidden or denied expressing them. This is not up for anyone but the child, their family and the medical professional working with them to decide or for us to comment on the legitimacy of the whole thing.

Some children are adamant and insistent they are not the gender that matches the sex they were assigned at birth consistently and persistently over time and their feelings do not desist as they mature and are indeed trans. It happens.

If a trans kid is rigidly forced into a gender role they do not feel appropriate for them, if there is no understanding and support from their family or knowledgeable professional medical help available, life can be hell for them and the outcomes poor and often tragic. It must be terribly hard for parents to know what to do in this situation.

It does seem like this child, regardless of their gender issues, is being used as a pawn in some kind of political game. That's pretty sad.
edit on 11/18/2015 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

So the school is lying?

You're using a sarcastic tone so that must mean you disagree that this has nothing to do with religion...

I assume it's a sarcastic tone the way you say "Charlie said" all satirical...

You never know online, but let's say I'm correct and you're not being sincere...

Teacher makes popular wingnut claim...

Teacher was an opponent of the transgender bill in Houston...

The school denies any wrongful dismissal or transgender/religious motive...

Who shall we believe?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

edit on 18/11/2015 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

So, your sample size for this revolutionary study that you've conducted, re-framing our understandings of child-rearing, is 1.

Brilliant.

The only reason anyone in this story is "in the news" is because a shyster attorney convinced two people to make this a religious freedom issue when it obviously isn't.

Don't let the facts get in the way.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Actually it's still 0, Gryph...

Seeing as they haven't raised a gay child.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

My two cents...

One last note (for people other than the OP)... and feel free to call me whatever names make you feel morally superior to me... if this were my son's class.... and although I don't see the need for the "religious" claim, I would be supporting the teachers decision in the classroom 100%. (The only thing I question is why was this kid able to use the boys restroom or the girls restroom seemingly willy-nilly).

boom boom!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I thought we were talking about a transgender child.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I am corrected, Charlie.

Good eye.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join