It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Will See Secession In the Coming Years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I am convinced that the United States will be faced with individual and blocks of states looking to secede from the United States in the coming decade. Civil unrest will become more prevalent and those with differing values will see leaving the Union as the only way to better their lives moving towards the future.

It is common sense that the people of the coasts have different lifestyles, values and worldviews than people in other parts of the country. Alaska has different needs than Hawaii. The South is different than the Midwest and so on. Whether the Authoritarians in Washington DC will allow the states to secede is another question, but I for one look forward to seeing the U.S. break up and split into smaller, self-governing regions.

The Feds no longer represent the people of all regions of the United States. It is time to end this charade that we can continue with the the United States in tact and allow people the autonomous regional Governments that better represent them. This will happen in the next 10-12 years...possibly earlier.

# # #

Note: I have intentionally left out any particular political ideology from this discussion. I am not placing any particular worldview above another, but am simply saying each region of the current United States has a right to have a Government that better represents them and their values. I don't begrudge ANY region that wants to have stronger representation of their values and particular regional needs. It is inevitable that we need to separate so we can all move forward as happier, better represented regions.

edit on 2015/11/18 by Metallicus because: Fixed Spelling Error...Text Unchanged

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I really hope so, because these states are clearly not united anymore.

It's time to call this a failed experiment...or maybe a successful one, depending on how you look at it.

Only problem is I'll finally have to get my butt in gear and move.
edit on 11/18/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Although I agree with what you have said I do not think that will happen, nor should it..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

a reply to: ~Lucidity

Are you sure you want it to happen? what would be the outcome?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: wildb

It definitely SHOULD happen, but it might be tough to leave considering what happened to the South the last time it was tried.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It definitely SHOULD happen, but it might be tough to leave considering what happened to the South the last time it was tried.

Thats the point..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

It's time to call this a failed experiment...or maybe a successful one, depending on how you look at it.

Only problem is I'll finally have to get my butt in gear and move.

I agree.

I would like it to be amicable and have an opportunity for people to move freely before the secession happens. I am not sure which 'faction' or region I would want to be in, but it wouldn't be the coastal ones. Alaska or the South probably would fit me.
edit on 2015/11/18 by Metallicus because: Added last sentence

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

A more perfect union?

It's not that I want it to happen. It''s that I view it as inevitable. We are in a downward spiral and so divided on so many planes that will never be reversed, barring some insane tragedy or something like and alien invasion, and even then, given some time we'll just get back to the same old pointless, endless bickering and hating on each other.

Time for a new experiment.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If we can't start embracing the truth of live and let live, with a republican form of government (note: that NOT a political party), then it's what will have to happen or we will devolve into a tyranny in truth because one or another of the ideologies will seek to impose its values and views by force.

Look at the colleges if you want a preview.
edit on 18-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Exactly. I really do respect everyone here and their opinions. I don't want to constantly argue and hate on anyone, however, it is clear that some people simply believe things that don't fit my worldview or the direction I want to see our country move. I would rather we just agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't see that ever happening. I've never served in the armed forces, so maybe I'm talking out of my behind, but I couldn't see military men taking up arms against their fellow citizens.

The Powers that Be know this... so before ANY kind of real, substantial, serious militias would form, the Feds would find all kind of creative ways to make them "go away."

P.S. - I've always wanted Long Island to succeed from the state of NY.... and they (NY State) can keep Queens if they want it.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

It depends on what they're taught in training, but really, the Civil War was an entire war that split the military and saw them taking up arms against not only each other but also their fellow citizens and family.

It has happened before, so there is precedent.

And before that, there was and Revolution. The Continental Army were the minority, so in many cases they were fighting those they knew or at least had to worry that they would be turned in by neighbors, friends, family.

If such a thing were to occur, God forbid, we would be looking at a new period of ugliness the likes of which we have not seen since the last Civil War. Look at the stigma the South still bears to this day for losing.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It's not that I want it to happen. It''s that I view it as inevitable

I can't argue with that, you may very well be correct..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I guess I'm just struggling to see how it would start. Would the military have to splinter into different factions?

I just can't see it happening, particularly since the The Powers that Be want a NWO. A large nation splitting goes against that ultimate one-world goal. (Although, it would be tremendous by way of population reduction).

You are right about one thing though.... if it were to happen, I think we would all see horrors that we have never imagined even in our darkest nightmares.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I just can't see it happening, particularly since the The Powers that Be want a NWO

True, more likely the US would not be anymore..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I can see the US splitting. My fear would be that since TPTB want a one world order, the recognized government would simply call in other powers.

A rebelling faction might be able to beat off our own government, but if they called in help from ... say China and we were suddenly inundated with the Red Chinese infantry, how likely would we be to win then?

And yes, given the direction our government is headed, I do count myself in a rebelling faction. Washington is a little too Hunger Games Capital lately for my taste.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildb

I just can't see it happening, particularly since the The Powers that Be want a NWO

True, more likely the US would not be anymore..

My guess... the first step would be to blend the United States, Canada and Mexico a la European Union.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Been awhile since I thought of the Amero and NAU conspiracies. Ahh the good ole days....

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think the possibility exists provided the economic situation takes a disastrous downturn but I don't think it's likely in the near future. Perhaps at some point in the next 50-100 years if things don't turn around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join