It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow From Hell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
One day not to long ago, I was walking down the street when out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a shadowy figure. I turned to look at it more directly and it disappeared. Onward I went, plodding forward up the steep incline, turning to look behind me as I gathered momentum, I saw it again, the shadowy figure was right behind me, momentarily, then just like that, poof again.

This was beginning to become unnerving and caused me to become anxious and my pace began to churn quicker. I could not let this creepy, shadowy apparition catch up to me. My old feet carried me faster, willing me up the hill, eyes beckoning to and fro, leave me alone, please!

I got to the apex of the hill and started my descent, whew, looking behind me the thing had stopped it's assault, finally. No sign of it anymore. I could rest easy. What? Now the damn thing was ahead of me, daring me to follow it. The nerve of this creep. Well, I'll show you, creepy, shadowy, sneaky jerk...I stared it down and let the decline help me speed up after it...the faster I went the faster it went...just out of my reach.

It was really starting to tick me off now, as I picked up speed, I stumbled and fell, rolled down the damn hill and came to a crashing stop. I felt the pain shooting out of my legs and hips and ankles and feet, this is what I get for going out to exercise...a shadow taunting me and a trip to the emergency room.

Stupid shadow. How dare you follow me and then dare me to run after you. You suck...creepy, shadowy, jerky moron.

As I was sitting in the hospital room, waiting for the cast on my leg, I felt it staring at me again. Seriously? Haven't you done enough damage for one day Mr. Shadowy Thing? It mocked me, now. Poor little baby got a booboo. Boohoo. WOW!

When the doctor came in, there was a shock to see, another shadowy thingamajig was right behind him, too. What the hell? I asked the doctor if he knew the shadow thing was following him? The doctor told me I was seeing things. Most likely from the nasty fall. I did hit my head too. I had something called a subdural hematoma, a bruise on my brain, that must be causing me to see things.

No, I explained, that shadow thing was the reason for the fall...it was there before the bruise to the noggin. The doctor asked me if this happened often, the shadow problem? I said I felt it's presence before, but it was different today. Today, it was overtly insistent on causing me to acknowledge it. Before, it would just show up every once in a while and then be gone, today it was following me and then forcing me to chase it.

Now it was playing tricks on me by hiding behind the doctor. When the doctor turned to look, it ducked...what a sneaky shadow, I do not see it the doctor said it must all be in your head. Just calm down now, I am going to sedate you while we reset the bone in your leg. Great! At least now I won't have to see that stupid shadowy thing for a bit.

Nothing like a broken leg to get your mind off of stupid shadow sticks. Off to sleep I went, knocked out and calmed down. Waking up was a different matter, the straps around my wrists were tight and restraining me, the cast on my leg was heavy and constricting and over in the corner the shadow thing was snickering and rolling it's eyes at me.

Where the heck was I now? It seems the doctor had some mild concerns about my seeing things and decided a 72 hour "Psyche Eval" was in order, they needed to restrain me to keep me from hurting myself, again. I understood, but could they ask the shadow thing to get the hell out? Upon hearing this exclamation the shadow hurled itself onto the ceiling and latched on tight, I am not going anywhere, this is too much fun!

Oh well, can't beat 'em, join 'em.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It almost reads as a creepy pasta but i'll ignore that for now since shadows have been following me recently, not in the extent you describe, they are just...there. Standing on the side of the road, on the wall on my left when i sleep, when i go into the kitchen just when i flick the lightswitch, that second between darkness and light, it stands there, it is not scary, they haven't hurt me or even made me feel uneasy. Since i was a child i had strange things following me, my nana said it was because i was like her, that i could "sense" people in a different way. But lately the shadows have started to move, they are not just static, a couple days ago my bf was driving it was 5 am still dark and i saw a shadow on the side of the road and it quickly crossed the path, almost if a gazelle jumped in front of the car, he saw nothing. They are taking different forms now, sometimes i see cats, other times just dogs running along when i drive. I don't know if they are "recollecting data" or "studying me" but somehow it is not scary. And no, i am not high nor i had a concussion, i am writing this from my office while i procrastinate.
Also, i have searched for this shadows in all forums, but for some reason the topics never seem to be what happens to me, until today, that i opened my pinned ATS tab and there it was, in front of me, your story.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Simply outstanding. ?Where can I get my own MrShadow. I seem to have lost mine.

edit on 18-11-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: THE BATS. THE BATS ARE IN MY HEAD.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ladykhyra

Ahhh, synchronicity at it's finest!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Nah, it's under the bed!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I have often wondered if some of my un-confessed skeletons were not the cause of similar experiences .One result of mine were to go into the closet and have a true heart to heart . The positive results is that now these shadowed places don't follow me and a bit of shade on a warm day is a welcomed spot to take a break . Your OP tells me you need to become a writer and cash in on some $$ and give the reader your experiences weather real or for fun .....S&F peace

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ive seen them too, so Im glad to know I havent lost my mind.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks. I just recently became a "writer" here and it has always been my dream to get published.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Did this seriously happen? I feel quite confused..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Who said you didn't lose your mind, question is can you find it again?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: natalia

You are not alone in your confusion...I guess the question is was it imaginary or did I really have a psychotic break? There was a rabbit involved, too, so it is possible I was in the hole and it was just so real I couldn't tell?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Oh okay I read ya. Well from my experiences I believe shadow people to be real. I've seen a few myself but never have they followed me or provoked me to follow. My son has also experienced this as well and he's 10.

See I believe that realms and alternate realities and/or parallel universes are all closer than we think. And if I ever told that to a doctor, they probably would lock me up, which is sad. I have told my therapist about what I've seen and experienced and what I believe and she doesn't think I'm too crazy

For real though, I'm sorry to read you broke your leg. Are you feeling okay now? Have you seen it since?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Sorry to mislead sweety, I did not actually break my leg, that was dramatic license, there is some truth to the story, but I embellished a bit for effect!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Lord have mercy.. So I have no idea what you embellished and what you didn't. And here I am thinking you broke your leg and are seeing a shadowy figure following you. Should've stuck this in maybe the short stories or para normal thread.... Why embellish so much if you did see a shadow figure? Were you scared that people on ats would be mean or call you out?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Duly noted...

Complaint about thread: Shadow From Hell?

I think this needs to be moved to short stories if you please!

Soul

top topics

join