It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian passports found at Paris attacks scene were fakes made in Turkey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The whole Syrian passport issue has been a topic of discussion so I figured I would add this little bit of news..

Overseas someone is occasionally caught with several passports (all fake and no they are not working for some agency) so passports are readily available if you know where to go and get them.. Just like fake driver's licenses in the states that many younger than 21 carry. Most things are available for a price.

Syrian passports found near the bodies of two of the suspected Paris attackers were fakes that were likely made in Turkey, police sources in France told Channel 4 News on Sunday.

Greek officials had said on Saturday that one of the two passports was held by someone who had registered as a refugee on the Greek island of Leros on 3 October.

Officials denied, though, that a second attacker had taken a similar route, telling the Guardian there was “no indication whatsoever” that the assailant had entered Europe through Greece. The comments came amid widening investigations into the attacks that killed 132 people in the French capital on Friday.
- See more at: www.middleeasteye.net...

www.middleeasteye.net...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

8 people have travelled with same Syrian papers as suicide bomber in Paris.
mail online

Foreign Bureau of Iraq has a list with photos of terrorist militias they are looking for war crimes. one of them most likely were captured two days ago in Finland. So keep your eyes open.
Militias in EU

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Suicide bombers and passports would be a great episode for Mythbusters.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
And here's another source for this:
Police believe attackers used forged passports to stigmatize refugees

This is why I say we should wait for the facts to come out before making decisions.

Unfortunately, it's too late. Politicians from all over the Western world have already started making their kneejerk anti-immigrant narrative into policy. And who in the 24hr news cycle or on social media will have the integrity to admit they were wrong to blame the Syrian refugees?

I'll end this post w/some irony. You all know I'm a Muslim, but you may not know that I study many different religions & sects. Well, one of the 2 things I love the most about Christianity is the concept of the 7 Virtues & 7 Sins. The 7 Virtues are supposed to be the way to overcome their counterparts in the 7 Sins. I even tried to become a personification of the 7 Virtues, but failed miserably lol. Anyway, "Patience" is the Virtue that counters the Sin of "Wrath". At first I didn't understand why, but it became obvious to me over time. Being patient enough to find out the facts first would've prevented much of the kneejerk bigotry that's now aimed at the Syrian immigrants.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Suicide bombers and passports would be a great episode for Mythbusters.

You mean something like checking if the passports vaporize or remain unscathed?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I think you are wrong, if the fake passport IDs has many travellers you should know that there is something which doesn´t hold the water, also it has been common knowledge that there has been ID factories and IDs has been sold through facebook and social media. This issue OP posted is not about attacking Islam nor Muslims just pure facts. I hope you keep your victimization elsewhere as it is not what we are talking about here.

It is true people who would not get status as a refugees are using fake IDs to enter. Posing as a kid is even better as its more unlikely that child would be sent back. These people who have no business to enter at the first place are taking advantage of those people who are in need of asylum the real Syrians.

Your link is pretty much unrelevant to the real issue. This is not about victimizing real Syrian refugees.
edit on 18-11-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

I think you are wrong, if the fake passport IDs has many travellers you should know that there is something which doesn´t hold the water, also it has been common knowledge that there has been ID factories and IDs has been sold through facebook and social media. This issue OP posted is not about attacking Islam nor Muslims just pure facts. I hope you keep your victimization elsewhere as it is not what we are talking about here.

It is true people who would not get status as a refugees are using fake IDs to enter. Posing as a kid is even better as its more unlikely that child would be sent back. These people who have no business to enter at the first place are taking advantage of those people who are in need of asylum the real Syrians.

Your link is pretty much unrelevant to the real issue. This is not about victimizing real Syrian refugees.

What did your post have to do with mine? The Egyptian passport turned out to be from a victim & the Syrian passports turned out to be fake passports. That is completely relevant to the OP even if it's "completely unrelevant" to you.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Unfortunately, it's too late. Politicians from all over the Western world have already started making their kneejerk anti-immigrant narrative into policy. And who in the 24hr news cycle or on social media will have the integrity to admit they were wrong to blame the Syrian refugees?

See. No one is blaming Syrian refugees the real Syrian refugees or are they ? Show me.

edited to add...
I see you are from America, so i believe you have not followed news in Europe as good as you should have. There has been faked Syrian passports around Europe many months. There has been saveral raids in these passport factories. So do you really think if a terrorist uses faked Syrian passport people here are somehow blaming Syrians?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

See. No one is blaming Syrian refugees the real Syrian refugees or are they ? Show me.

Huh? Did you seriously miss the last 5 days? You seriously haven't seen the US Governors who now say they won't accept Syrian refugees because of this? Or the European politicians? Or the news commentators, social media, and even the posters right here on ATS?

EDIT: Just saw your edit. No, I'm not saying they're blaming the Syrian refugees for making the fake passports. I'm saying they were blaming the Syrian refugees because the passports found were "Syrian" passports. So the politicians, news cycle, and social media followed the kneejerk assumption that the terrorists were Syrian refugees. Therefore, they said no more Syrian refugees should be allowed in, which is making the Syrian refugees seem responsible for what ISIS did.

edit on 18-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: when i look at it, it seems that we're having a misunderstanding

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I have 2 questions -
1: Why do terrorists always carry their passports?
2: Why are their passports bomb/fire proof?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The problem has never been real Syrain refugees, the problem in Europe has been those who use this crisis and fake passports to enter in EU. Every fake ID is taking asylum place from someone who really needs that.

I guess you have not been following what is really going on. Syrians are those who do not have the money to travel every safe country in EU to seek best place to live, real Syrians are pretty much broke and stuck in poor conditions in huge refugee camps in Southern Europe. These are those who really need a place to live and be safe.

What comes to US.. it depends where you take your refugees from. These fake refugees have money to travel on their own. If you take refugees directly from these camps .. don´t see any problem. Your politicians must be as blind at the real problem as majority of Americans. If immigration is as loose and uncontrolled as it is in EU .. sure you will get those who has no business for asylum.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

have you ever tried to burn a small book or thin one or a stack of papers , much of the inner part does nor burn unless it smolders for hours.
explosions do not always produce long burning fires, or shred everything. i have yet to see any pictures of the passports from 911 or this attack but i bet there are burn marks around the edges.

plus many people that travel to any place in the world use their passports for ID because some places will not except a drivers licenses or other forms of ID for foreign travelers. so that's why they carry them

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The problem has never been real Syrain refugees, the problem in Europe has been those who use this crisis and fake passports to enter in EU. Every fake ID is taking asylum place from someone who really needs that.

I guess you have not been following what is really going on. Syrians are those who do not have the money to travel every safe country in EU to seek best place to live, real Syrians are pretty much broke and stuck in poor conditions in huge refugee camps in Southern Europe. These are those who really need a place to live and be safe.

What comes to US.. it depends where you take your refugees from. These fake refugees have money to travel on their own. If you take refugees directly from these camps .. don´t see any problem. Your politicians must be as blind at the real problem as majority of Americans. If immigration is as loose and uncontrolled as it is in EU .. sure you will get those who has no business for asylum.

Huh? Being a refugee doesn't mean someone is broke or poor. A refugee is literally an asylum seeker, not an impoverished person. Many of them may be stuck in impoverished refugee camps or living in poor areas now, but that's because they can't exactly take their homes, businesses, and most of their other possessions with them.

And yeah, I agree that the problem isn't the real Syrian immigrants. That was the point of my 1st post. But you're seriously acting like you haven't seen people blaming the Syrian refugees because of the reports of the Syrian passports at the scene of the terrorist acts? Then you keep acting as no if Europeans are blaming the Syrian immigrants. So what about Poland? Or do they not count?

Poland refuses to accept refugees after Paris attacks

And that doesn't even touch on the other stories in the news, stories in the right wing media, posts on social media, posts on ATS etc where Syrian refugees as a whole were being blamed for this because they believed the kneejerk stories. Hence the reason for my first post in this thread. We good now?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It is impossible to think that people are making their way to fill-in-the-blank-location with falsified records/documentation. That absolutely can NOT happen and does NOT happen. Our dear leaders say so.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Too bad Myth Busters are filming their final show.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Too bad Myth Busters are filming their final show.

Should be passports and explosions. Go out with a bang as it were.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Oh they'll be going out with a big bang, count on it!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Thats Poland´s decision and it is just put up globally now.
2nd October "Polish cities have declined to receive Muslim "refugees". They prefer to assist repatriates"

Voivods letter sent out to local governments asking about the possibility of adoption by not "refugees". However, the local authorities refuse and correspond to the provincial authorities that they would prefer to take each other repatriates from the East. Such a position was occupied by, among others, Kraśnik and Zamosc. - The moral duty is to allow the Poles as soon as possible to return to the country descendants of Polish patriots forcibly deported to the former Soviet republics - says the mayor first of those cities.

Kraśnik does not have the possibility of acceptance, accommodation and catering group of more than 50 refugees

Link

They were making the decision before Paris attack so its not really relevant. I think its pretty lame for news media pull Polands decision up when SHTF in Europe. Poland is not as ready economically as Germany so they must have reasons behind the decision other than attack in Paris.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
I have 2 questions -
1: Why do terrorists always carry their passports?

Because they're law abiding citizens. Always carry ID with you and place it somewhere, where the police will immediately find it upon arriving at the bomb scene. If your passport is old and/or damaged, you're not eligible for the task.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

someone may have posted something similar at this point, but I think you're mistaking a need to stop the flow of refugees because terrorists are commandeering that process and bastardizing it into thinking that those opposing the refugees are doing so because we hate Syrians.

Speaking just for me, I don't hate Syrians--hell, I don't know any--but I do hate the fact that ISIS/terrorists are using the status of "refugee" in order to attempt to spread their hate and murder. If stopping the flow of refugees stops the dispersal of these terrorists, then that is the way I want to go.

I have full empathy for the true refugees, especially the ones with children, but doesn't negate my empathy for the victims of the terrorists who are sneaking in with them. I tend to want to err on the side of caution at this point--it's the intelligent thing to do for one's citizens (from the viewpoint of national leaders), and it's their primary job to protect their country, not adopt people from other ones if they know that it could lead to something like what happened in Paris.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join