It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'This Is Not Islam': #NotInMyName Campaign Revived After Paris Attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The anti-muslim folk might have cause to worry if a #hashtag ever had any noticeable effect on the environment. I'm not sure the twitter intelligentsia constitutes a modern intellectual movement or campaign. Whatever happened to writing books and having debates?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Just remember, not all Muslims want to kill you no matter WHAT you think their holy texts say.

I just wonder why I dont see left wingers doing this when there is a racist incident in the US. Anytime some random white guy or back woods hick says something racist it becomes a national news story and is reported in a way to shame all white people. There is no liberal out cry to not blame all white people or all republicans or what have you. Anytime a Christian declines to participate in a gay wedding in becomes a national news story on how bigoted Christians in the country are. Are you seeing the contradiction at all?

In any case, a lot more Muslims are extreme than you or other left wingers will ever admit. World wide polling shows large percentages of them support extremist polices or actions. I have no doubt not all Muslims are this way, but you guys are down playing the numbers for the sake of political correctness.

Because in a local small group, it is easy to see they are right wing idiots.

NOw if you have right wing groups in every country, who all want the same thing, and churches that enforoce their hate, and provide them with weapons..

I rekon youd see the same.

Nahh, thats dumb hey. I also hate Buddhists who blow people up in every single country they live in. Gues I just hate them too.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Here is a thing. I hate religion. It's a backwards controlling lie.

Islam is a murdering backward lie.

I hate islam.

Not much of a poll, but hey truth.. if you believe in fantasy and will kill for it, you're an idiot. Hello islam.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

And anti-Islamic.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I find it odd that every time Muslims massacre people, you guys are out shaming everyone else.

originally posted by: Kali74

And anti-Islamic.

Whats wrong with being anti-islamic?
edit on 16-11-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Christians have unsavory text in their bible that they have a thousand rationalizations for yet Christians swear up and down that they are peace loving. Can this not be the case for Muslims as well?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Considering that intolerance and bigotry is the domain of the unintelligent and ignorant, I find it hard to believe that you'd reach them with writing books and debates either. In fact, I think you'd have BETTER success appealing to them with a vapid response like the one in the OP.

Then again, maybe I'm just bigoted against bigots. I just can't imagine a rational discussion coming from someone who proclaims that all Muslims are terrorists or something like that.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

What's wrong with just being anti-terrorist in general?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I find it odd that every time Muslims massacre people, you guys are out shaming everyone else.

originally posted by: Kali74

And anti-Islamic.

Maybe you should read my first reply in the thread on page 1.

You also aren't interpreting my reply to kosmicjack correctly. My post was meant to mean that terrorism is also Anti-Islamic.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

a reply to: FamCore

Christians have unsavory text in their bible that they have a thousand rationalizations for

And left wingers openly mock and demonize them, even in the main stream media.

What's wrong with just being anti-terrorist in general?

Because these are Islamic terrorists who fight to establish their region world wide?
edit on 16-11-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Point out all the left wingers who talk about waging war against the Christians though. I'll wait.

Because these are Islamic terrorists who fight to establish their region world wide?

Yet despite all their noise, MOST of their activities still remain in the Middle East. You DID read that link I provided on the first page showing that Muslim terrorist activities account for only 2% of terrorist attacks in Europe right?

What about the 98% of other terrorist attacks? They don't matter?
edit on 16-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Since you and your posse have such a good handle on this whole Muslim thing, could you please take the time to explain to the rest of us where the violent Muslim beliefs come from?

I really believe that not all Muslims want to kill everyone who isn't part of their religion, but these people get their beliefs from somewhere. And I get that other religions have done bad things in the past, but right now, in 2015, the only group that are killing in the name of "God/Allah" seem to be the Muslims. (radical ones)

Sadly, this conversation really ins't possible without saying things that aren't PC.

But I do look forward to the information.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Since you and your posse have such a good handle on this whole Muslim thing, could you please take the time to explain to the rest of us where the violent Muslim beliefs come from?

Wahabbism comes from Saudia Arabia. The reason we don't crack down on this has a lot to do with what Saudia Arabia exports.

I really believe that not all Muslims want to kill everyone who isn't part of their religion, but these people get their beliefs from somewhere. And I get that other religions have done bad things in the past, but right now, in 2015, the only group that are killing in the name of "God/Allah" seem to be the Muslims. (radical ones)

Huh? 6 modern-day Christian terrorist groups our media conveniently ignores

Just because you don't hear about it all the time, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Sadly, this conversation really ins't possible without saying things that aren't PC.

But I do look forward to the information.

That really should tell you something about that line of thinking then.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

That really should tell you something about that line of thinking then.

Yep. When you get chastised for just asking the question, you realize how #ing far it's gone.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't recall chastising you for answering a question. I thought I was just answering your questions honestly.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Your last sentence must have different meaning to you than what I read.

"That really should tell you something about that line of thinking then."

My line of thinking is that I really don't know what to believe, but I know what things appear to look like.
If not letting a bunch of refugees into our country is racists, yet it prevents a few outside terrorists from getting in, I think it's a good thing. But saying that makes me evil and Islamaphobic.

The bad Muslims look just like the good ones. Much like the bad Christians look like the good ones. So we are faced with an enemy that blends into a group that if persecuted, will evoke empathy from those who tend to look out for the underdog.

The problem is big enough on it's own. But when you mention the problem, you are made to feel like you are dirty for even thinking that way. This whole thing seems as if it was engineered to do exactly what it's doing. Making it "wrong" to discuss Islam in a negative light.

Your threads kind of drive that point home.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I'm praying for an awakening of the great majority of peace-loving Muslims who will not allow murderous scum to act in the name of the Islamic religion.
I fully support my peace-loving Muslim brothers and sisters in this fight.

ISIS, and all Islamic extremists should be marked for death, they are the scum dividing all of humanity to hate, we all need to show this scum how their pathetic attempts to divide us will result in uniting us to the common cause of eradicating this filth from the face of the earth for good.

My children and indeed all of our children deserve the opposite future than the one ISIS and ilk as planned for them.

No offense, but Muslims have been fighting them the entire time. They just don't get credit for it. Iran's supporting those who are fighting them, Hezbollah is fighting them, Iraq's army is fighting them, the Kurdish militias are fighting them, and Syria's government & military are fighting them. The Houthis in Yemen are fighting the Sauds & their allies, Al-Qaeda in Yemen, and an ISIS branch in Yemen. Egypt is doing attacks on ISIS in Libya. All of these factions I mentioned are majority Muslims.

What more do you want us to do? I mean seriously. I have a family here, friends here, organizations I'm a part of here, and causes I push for here. Do you really expect me to drop my life to go to Syria, Iraq, or Egypt to fight against ISIS & al-Nusra? Especially when I know that the Sauds, Qatar, and their Western allies are backing them to differing degrees? Not to mention that the other "moderate" Wahhabi rebels routinely work with ISIS & al-Nusra, are almost as brutal as ISIS & al-Nusra, and would kill me for opposing their brand of Wahhabism? The majority of Syrians are now fighting against the "rebels" and ISIS alike because of their tactics. And the West keeps arming & training rebels who coincidentally join up with ISIS or al-Nusra.

And let's not forget that wealthy individuals in Qatar were some of the original backers of ISIS.

America views its close ally, Qatar, as a terrorist funding trouble spot. Washington has gone so far as to call the small Persian Gulf state a permissive environment for financing terrorist groups.

The United States says it does not have evidence that the government of Qatar is funding the terrorist group now known as the Islamic State (ISIS). But it does believe that private individuals in Qatar are helping to finance this group and others like it. And it thinks the Gulf state is not doing enough to stop this.

Qatar and ISIS Funding: The U.S. Approach

And this:

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), now threatening Baghdad, was funded for years by wealthy donors in Kuwait, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia, three U.S. allies that have dual agendas in the war on terror.

America's Allies Are Funding ISIS

And not only does the US know this, we even have a military base in Qatar! And remember, Qatar has less than 300,000 civilians, and another 2 million poor migrant workers (non-citizen, virtual slaves in the kafala system). How do you honestly expect for people like me to fight against them when our own military guards their government, permits them to get massive military contracts, and literally won't stop them from funding the very groups we're supposed to be fighting?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Your last sentence must have different meaning to you than what I read.

"That really should tell you something about that line of thinking then."

The point of that line was to get you to think. "Well if the only arguments in favor of this position that I can think of are considered bigoted and intolerant, MAYBE that position is bigoted and intolerant". Though if you want to take it as a personal attack, do you.

My line of thinking is that I really don't know what to believe, but I know what things appear to look like.
If not letting a bunch of refugees into our country is racists, yet it prevents a few outside terrorists from getting in, I think it's a good thing. But saying that makes me evil and Islamaphobic.

Why don't you attempt to understand the situation better instead of forming opinions based on appearances and (likely) faulty information?

The bad Muslims look just like the good ones. Much like the bad Christians look like the good ones. So we are faced with an enemy that blends into a group that if persecuted, will evoke empathy from those who tend to look out for the underdog.

Exactly. So attempting blanket discrimination against them is only going to end badly.

The problem is big enough on it's own. But when you mention the problem, you are made to feel like you are dirty for even thinking that way. This whole thing seems as if it was engineered to do exactly what it's doing. Making it "wrong" to discuss Islam in a negative light.

No what was engineered was the propaganda used to attack Muslims. The fact is that Muslim terrorism is on the VERY low end of occurrences in both Europe and the States. This is information that you'd know if you'd only take a few minutes to get a bit more informed about this topic. There are terrorist organizations that are FAR more destructive and active in the States and Europe that don't get nearly as much media airtime. Yet every time we got a solitary Muslim attack, we are forced to deal with tons of people actively wondering that Muslims is a religion of violence then get incensed when people point out that is a bigoted opinion to have.

We have 9/11 to thank for this. It's not like 9/11 was the start of Muslim terrorism though. It existed for decades before 9/11 happened. In FACT, Muslim terrorism is LESS active now than it was pre-9/11 days. Yet, all the infrequent attacks we see from Muslims linger in our collective consciousness for much longer thanks to all that fear propaganda that was spread during the Bush years and now gets spread whenever we see attack like what happened in France.

Your threads kind of drive that point home.

MY thread here is to try to get to show you that there are peace loving Muslims out there. I'm trying to expose you to Muslims in the media where the story isn't about some destructive activity some Muslim idiot did. Yet you are now telling me that this thread's point is something else. No you are just trying to see more here than what I am presenting.
edit on 16-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

My posse (lol)? Where do violent Muslim beliefs come from? My best guess is from the same place all violent beliefs come from. Crazy. Indoctrination by sociopaths who's only intent is to control as many people as possible. Fundamentalist, charismatic or power holders. Pick one... and then pick a flavor because they come in all varieties, religious and non-religious.

Ask Mike Huckabee, the former Governor of Arkansas, current and former Presidential Candidate who won the Iowa Caucus in 2008, Christian minister, frequent guest on FOX and several other right-wing media programs... why he thinks and actively promotes killing homosexuals. Oh no, I went and attacked Christians again. Why do me and my posse (haha) always do this? Because, westerners understand Christianity... it's an easy self-explanatory comparison to the unknown/misunderstood Islam. It's easy for westerners to do what we should be able to with Islam but inexplicably can't which is to respond with: "Well duh, of course all Christians aren't like that... guys like him aren't true Christians."

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

(cough cough can i be in your posse? and do i get free cookies if i join? cough cough)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join