It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to ground Congress

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

A good congress is one that doesn't show up to vote. Sad but reality.

That is why I think I am one of the few fans of gridlock in the Congress. It was designed that way for a reason and I like when nothing happens, the status quo is always better then some moron politician's next great idea.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Off the top of my head, I have no real solutions.

I think most people acknowledge there is a real problem, and it’s getting worse by the day (unless you’re a corporate fat cat with millions/billions of bucks stashed in offshore tax shelters). So, what’s the solution? What do we do about it? Most of us jump up and down, screaming and hollering, pointing fingers all over the place, and then go to the polls and re-elect the same damned political hacks that got us into this mess in the first place. And, without skipping a beat, the cycle starts all over again. Time after time after time...

With all this screaming and jumping, pointing of fingers, and hiring bad help going on, we seem to think we’ve washed our hands of all responsibility for this train wreck. It’s not “our” fault we’re sinking in the quicksand, it’s “their” fault. It’s always “their fault”. It’s those damned Democrats, or those ruthless Republicans making our lives miserable and sucking the life force out of us. After all, we did our patriotic duty and voted straight party line all the way down. So, it’s obviously those clowns in the other party at fault for this nightmare.

Meanwhile, the corporate empire and their congressional henchmen go about the business of selling out America, and it’s people, to the highest bidder. All the while we sit back eating Cheetos and inhaling our favorite reality TV shows. For a lot of us reality is based on Duck Dynasty, Mafia Wives, Mayberry RFD and MSM news.

IDK, but I’m more convinced every day that until we all take a good, long look in the mirror and place the blame where it’s due, we’re heading for some very troubled times. As bad as things seem today, it can (and will) get a whole lot worse if we continue down the road we’re on.

Like I said, I have no solutions. All I do know is, we deserve what we ask (vote) for...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: lostbook

Of course we don't need congress. It's function has been lost long ago.

Seems like one of the sweetest jobs though. You hardly work, get gifts and bribes all the time, get a great salary, benefits, pension AND the rare times that you have to work, you don't even have to read or listen. You're told which way you're voting on an issue based on which lobbyist gave you the best fellatio! Sign me up!

The opposite of congress is progress.

Don't forget you also get free government run healthcare...
edit on 15-11201511-1515 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Oh they'll be closer to their constituents alright.

... down the fairways
... on the greens
... in the sandtraps
... at the 9th hole happy hour

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Time to ground Congress

Ground 'em?
After they are lined up against a wall and shot, perhaps!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

In history of course congress was part time. They needed to go back to their constituents and verbally communicate with them because Internet wasn't present. Now we can be ignored anywhere. Has congress lost touch with its base, yes. Is anything going to be done about it? No. Reason = They keep getting voted back into office 90%+ incumbent re-election rate. If they don't feel like their job is going to be threatened by accepting corporate money and a bunch of trades there is no reason to change the system for them.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I wonder if this proposed move was in early response to the ISIS threat to attack Washington, DC. The politicians don't wanna be here when it happens. Maybe they already know when its gonna happen. Who knows............

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join