It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" It is easy to hate, it is hard to Love"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Was just watching some local news on the tragedy in Paris when a young college student who was present with several of his friends at the concert came on and did a wonderful interview, in it he said that "It is easy to hate, but hard to feel love at a time like this'.

His entire interview brought tears to my heart because in his gracious innocence and shock his words rang truth and a great reminder.

A great reminder.

So easy an emotion to hate, yet to feel the blessings of love at such a crazy time when everything is topsy tervy is next to impossible.

This humble young man was a direct reminder to me to not lose myself into the hate, the gut feeling of hate because of the insanity being thrown on all of us, against our higher intelligence, our marginalization by the powerful few who are orchestrating this global chaos.

For me I listen to music that helps me find peaceful prayer, love and sanity at a time when it is hardest to find.

Just a reminder.

There are still hundreds of thousands of innocent families, women, children fleeing a hellish nightmare of bombings, raids and devastation for a safer, peaceful future away from harms way. We cannot hold responsible the many because of the intent and action of the few.

The elitists and puppet masters are the responsible parties here, not the honest and truthful asylum seekers of a peaceful future for themselves and their families, their elderly, and children.

I am not saying to put down our guards and live in a fantasy world of how we wish things could be and to look at the bigger picture through rose colored glasses, instead just reminding any of us with a heart and a clear vision of a world at peace, to not allow hate and fear and antiquated fanaticism to control our higher goals as a collective of a evolving race of humans regardless of color, race, religion or demographics.

Find what helps remind you of the blessings of this life, of this precious gift in eternity which we are all a part of. Energy is as real as it gets, the energy being sought by the powers that be are upside down, they are wrong and with just a little consciousness, heart energy, we can flip the energy and help heal the planet and all life suffering at this point and raise the vibration frequency.

Remember the saying "From chaos comes clarity"?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
As the Drums of War beat....

Dance to the rhythm of of the music...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
All you need is Love...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-11-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

imagine...
edit on 15-11-2015 by jazzgul because: not sure if embeding works properly...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Beautifully put! Thank you for this, I have been trying to articulate this line of thought as well and it's difficult during periods of mass confusion and turmoil to do so sometimes.

The change has to start coming from somewhere. It's not going to come from our leaders. It's not going to come from Facebook, it's not going to come from more hate.

It will only come from love and empathy.

So many actions in this world are perpetrated through hate that has been created deep in the hearts of so many. Hate for someone else's personal beliefs in far too many situations.

As difficult as it is, we all need to find love for humanity in order for humanity to survive. The love and empathy that we are capable of needs to be purposefully grown and shared.

Heartbreak is the only way to begin to describe the feeling in this world right now. Heartbreak for the cold and hungry little kids that haven't chosen a damn bit of this, for the murdered and displaced, for the families of those now lost to this world, for the future because of the path we are on............. And then there's the anger. We lose if we let the anger win.

Don't get me wrong, these atrocious acts need not be condoned, but somehow thwarted. There has just been enough innocent blood spilled everywhere in this modern world. It doesn't matter how long it's been going on or even why at this point. What matters is that it's ALL wrong. Let God or even eternity if you will do the judging. Let us do what we can to make it better and make right regardless of anyone else's actions. We are forever only responsible for our own actions, no matter the provocation.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

God, existence as a whole has been showing us almost daily the direction and course our actions are leading. Too many global tragedies which are only getting more and more so each day. Natural, manmade they are all one in the same and will continue to cause all life on this planet to either stop and take a step back or to lose all by one means or another and soon I think.

To 'feel' is to be alive and when causation creates a nullified emotional reaction rather than a natural response to world and local events, then we know it is time to stop being caught up by the moments of lightning and instead use that light to find and discover where we are in the moment and to follow the path out of the darkness of the deep woods we seem to be lost in.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So good to see you in this thread. Love and hugs surround you my friend.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jazzgul

My Beloved Mom raised me on that song and way of life. "Imagine whirled peas"!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

I have been loved deeply, and know what the loss of that love is as well. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My love is stronger than your hate.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It's become insanity on a massive level. Honestly it makes me want to turn it all back off and go deeper in the woods, but it's too cold now.......
It's frustrating not being able to actually do anything about it either.
Making a trip to drop off things at the food bank and the women's center won't help the refugees but maybe it will help someone. We can all make some kind of difference, if only the small actions could make a larger impact.

It is good to see you around too....too many people are gone. I've been battling with what to even say in light of the world this week alone. It did bring me back though. There's nowhere like home huh? Many hugs and lots of love to you too! And to everyone here!!! Possibly more important to the world at large right now. Even my five year old said a prayers for the little ones without a home this morning.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

This is important. Blessings to you and yours. What you are doing is right and appropriate. Think globally act locally. Be a good example to your child.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yeah, come on everybody join in...

Kum by ah, m'lord, kum by ah!
Kum by ah, milord, kum by ah!
Knum by ah, milord, kum by ah,
Oh Lord, kum by ah!

Sorry to rain on your love in, but your response is not appropriate, may be mine isn't either, but it isn't hate I feel, it's anger, because of all the inappropriate responses to attacks. Do you actually think joining hands and speaking all about love is going to fix things?

Of course, speaking about love won't hurt things or make things worse, but it won't bring about a mend either. We are at a point (actually we are past it) where we have to make a stand, but before we can do that we have to understand our position, which is under threat. That young lad, as nice as he is, would not have been able to utter those words to any of the terrorists face to face. It is okay to be an idealist, but it always gets tempered with reality. Fix reality, then by all means, have your love in. You just can't have it now.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Love spelled backwards is evoL sounds like evil and evil spelled backwards spells live

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Oh yes, I might add as well, seeing I am in the mood, a question. How do you think you are able to live the life you live continually, unaffected to a degree by events in our topsy-turvy world? I'll tell you how.

Some of your compatriots are willing to put their lives on the line. Yeah, I know, you didn't ask them to, and I know you wouldn't want anyone to die or be harmed or oppressed for your lifestyle, but take a look at what you own and where it came from? Be critical of your possessions, and ask yourself, does your love extend to those who made them? Will your love extend to a reduced and inferior lifestyle change?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Sadly you're right.

If and when the time comes I would quite frankly be willing to make that stand. From a personal perspective however that time has not come. I am among the lucky in the world that doesn't have death or homelessness in my immediate face. I have two young men still relying on me to prepare them for life. So instead of choosing the route of anger why not try to add to any amount of good in the world.

There is justified and appropriate anger and pain over the devastation in Paris, Lebanon, and Syria right now just to mention the last few days. How many parents have lost their children, spouses their lovers and children their parents in the last week? The numbers are staggering. We have to remember though that we all belong to humanity and it's our responsibility to try in anyway we can.

Please make no mistake either, if my home was threatened I would not hesitate to protect it, with any force necessary. At this point in history I can't personally believe any of the media or the governments so I refuse to fight for something whose motivation is unknown. We can all choose to love each other though. We can recognize that the immigration policies, or lack thereof, are disastrous. We can also recognize the injustice of the innocents forced from their homes and livelihoods due to no fault of their own. We can be aware of the simple fact that any evil in this world is opportunistic and will use those very innocents to carry out their evils.

There are no winners here. People the world over have lost their homes, lives, families, and freedoms to this machine. How do we stop the machine is the biggest question. Sadly it's not going to be better before it's worse. That is the reality. This thread and line of thought are more to help counter that reality. The easiest way to fight the evils in the world are not to participate in them, and hopefully do some good in the process.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The short answer is yes, my love extends to all of humanity, just as my admiration extends to the people who do put their lives on the line so I can live in peace and raise my family.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I only post this because it just popped up on the drudge report.

www.gossipcop.com...

This isn't about being naive. It's about recognizing that there are victims buried in the rubble of the political bs. ISIS are not those victims, they seem to be creating a good portion of them.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
woodsmom:

The short answer is yes, my love extends to all of humanity...

So does mine, but I am a realist and an ex-idealist. I accepted long ago the futility of tolerance in an intolerable world, so I became a realist, but not a fatalist.

Please make no mistake either, if my home was threatened I would not hesitate to protect it, with any force necessary.

That is the point we are at here in Europe and Britain. We need to defend ourselves against the encroachment of a mindset and culture that is utterly incompatible with our own, but it is not simply about fighting the encroaching incompatible mindset and culture, it is about defending ourselves against those of our own who allow the encroachment.

Of course, most people do not want to participate in the defence of anything, they just want to get on with their lives, because to actually stand up for themselves is too much of a bother and a nuisance, which is why governments and corporations get away with doing what they do. They'll pontificate about love being the cure-all for all ills. Wanting to be an aggressor is not my thing, but no matter how much you believe in the power of love, when you are aggressed upon, it is important to respond fearlessly and accordingly, no matter who the aggressor is. It is the moral obligation to 'self' that 'self' defends itself when it is necessary to do so, and that includes defending its way of life and culture.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I wholeheartedly agree with you that too few are willing to stand.
Too many people have let these things happen for too many years.

I have to freely admit, I am one that preached to deaf ears for many years. I then dealt with the ridicule from people for preparing my family for what I saw coming in the world, and not always kindly. I'm now one of the selfish who can view the world from a different perspective because of it. I also learned the hard way that a knee jerk anger reaction serves nobody. I'm still learning that lesson.

I truly feel for the residents who are being invaded, for lack of a better term, due to their governments deciding what is best for everyone. That has been a large topic of conversation recently between my husband and I. It's unfair for any small community to be overwhelmed with a population incompatible with theirs against their will. Again, I would be one of the defenders in that situation as well. It's a terrible situation to even be placed in and I'm glad it's not me. For what little it may mean, I pray for everyone on all sides of this crazy set of dice everyday.

I'm not trying to be wishy washy, it's hard not to see it from all sides, and as a mama the thought of what the displaced children are dealing with breaks my heart. It pisses me off that humanity has become a set of pawns to be used and disposed of at will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join