It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Global Warming Killed The Yeti ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thebabyseagull

We could create an entirely new field of study.

Lets call it crpytozooarcheology.

That's actually a neat Idea, I bet there's all sorts of lost animals contained in the specimen collections of the worlds museums, that right is already a good start point

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Lets not kill of the Yeti just yet . We need our urban legends like the Yeti , Lock Ness monster and god .

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The yeti is more likely to exist than global warming. However, scientific evidence for both is pretty scant.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: grey9438

I might post thread a about the subject.It definitely has possibilities.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Good Luck, I'm now thinking about looking into it myself.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
I think global warming is a fantasy , the yeti some kind of extraterrestrial being just occasionally visits the colder and maybe religious places on Earth..

I am with you on the first part of that statement. The Yeti is not from anywhere but earth, I can take you yeti hunting 3 hours away from me in Florida where they are thick!!!! Bring bug spray and waterproof boots cause they roam where people normally never go. That is why they are hardly seen.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DragonsDemesne
The yeti is more likely to exist than global warming. However, scientific evidence for both is pretty scant.

If you ever really want to have the life scared out of you let me know, I can arrange a visit with one lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebabyseagull
a reply to: grey9438

Yes your correct i would sight the examples of the dodo and the woolly mammoth as evidence to that effect.

The Dodo ain't dead, it's only sleeping....like this parrot,

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I can take you yeti hunting 3 hours away from me in Florida where they are thick!!!! Bring bug spray and waterproof boots cause they roam where people normally never go. That is why they are hardly seen.

Don't get me wrong I'm not the one questioning the believes of people who do think this is a real being, that still walks deep forests and cold high mountains.

I gladly would take your invitation , I think it would be great to search for them , only the thrill wandering the woods would give the feeling you might actually see or hear one..

But I think if this being walks the Earth without ever being captured , It's either has more senses then and average human has , and it's very shy and knows it's surroundings very well. But knowing that we have new technologies like heat tracking binoculars. and night vision , mounted on aerial vehicles as on the ground and never one has being captured amazes me.

I hope one day you trackers will proof me wrong and I will acknowledged my faults to you until then it stays a mystery like other mysteries

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Addressing the OP headline "Has Global Warming Killed The Yeti?". I'm not sure, but probably the same answer from "Has Santa Claus Killed The Unicorn?". Both are fantasy.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Global warming would probably help the Yeti. They do not live in the snow, they only pass through it. So if the tree line grew higher they would have more room to live. a reply to: thebabyseagull

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Good point about them not being permanent residents in the colder snowier areas up in the mountains. One does wonder though if the mating, traveling to other zones and the scavenging occurs more frequently in the colder areas while the general living occurs at the lower altitudes. Since yeti have white color coats maybe they just selected for that based on their migration highways/mating areas.

Here in Washington state USA they supposedly roam all over the place throughout and around the Cascade range on in to Canada and they tend to be light brown to blackish and can even have white spots on their backs the size of an egg(I suspect that is for mating purposes). Clearly there is a pattern of selection for specific natural camouflage just in terms of fur colorization.
edit on 18-11-2015 by stabstab because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I wonder how much is white fur and how much is snow covered fur?a reply to: stabstab

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Very good point and one I had not thought of. But look at the old pictures of Vanara and you see white specimens.
edit on 24-11-2015 by stabstab because: (no reason given)

As humanity encroaches they are forced further North. Great perspective. thank you
edit on 24-11-2015 by stabstab because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I dun'o , I have to touch one, or look it in the eyes, or at least see a high def picture of one accompanied by scientists.
If the climate does cause them to go extinct, then we have no way of ever finding something we have never met.
Show me the Yeti.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Have you read "The Nature of the Beast" by Bryan Sykes? It might quench some of that curiosity of yours.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The Patterson video is evidence they exist, yet people still refuse to accept it.

Humans are weird.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

No.
This theory doesn't even make sense. The Yeti/Bigfoot/whatever creature is plenty capable enough to survive just about anything. If it's not coming topside, then it's probably underground. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: intelligenthoodlum33
The Patterson video is evidence they exist, yet people still refuse to accept it.

Humans are weird.

It's anecdotal evidence. The same as we have for fairies. Yet people still refuse to accept them, go figure.

Science requires more testable or verifiable evidence. All evidence that has been offered of this type for bigfoot and studied to conclusion, has been conclusively not bigfoot. There might be an obvious reason for this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join