It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to give flags to good threads?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
So I don't post much on here. And I've been a long time lurker. My past screen name was Soul2Scream but I forgot my password, and got locked outta my MSN email because my account was hacked.
Anyway I figured out how to give stars to OP and others who respond. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to give an OP a flag for a good post. What am I missing? I just know it's one of those things that if it was a snake, it would've bitten me!

Thanks in advance for any help given. Much appreciated.
edit on Jpm11000000pmThu, 12 Nov 2015 18:52:12 -060015 13 by Mjab6910 because: Typos (using my, ahem, "smart phone" here)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mjab6910

See the flag on the left at the top of the thread? click it.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Just to add. If the flag is an outline, you haven't flagged it. If it's solid, you have.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Whats the difference between a flag and a star...?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Flags are Agenda driven, Stars are for the proverbial high-five...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Flags are for "bookmarking" a thread. stars are for agreeing with a post.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

link   
Flags will bump threads into front page and at top indicating how good those threads are.

link   

A flag is a piece of cloth, used for nationalistic or localized hurrahs and prideful songs. A star is a nuclear furnace of immense magnitude that sometimes expands and explodes and takes any planets in its vicinity into a living hell.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

A flag is a piece of cloth, used for nationalistic or localized hurrahs and prideful songs. A star is a nuclear furnace of immense magnitude that sometimes expands and explodes and takes any planets in its vicinity into a living hell.

Oh, you're rotten.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I knew that was coming.... but went forward anyway.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Duh!
I knew it was going to be one of those things that was so easy to see. I can't believe I didn't notice it before!
Thank you so much!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
After 6 years on ATS I though you had to spin around 3 times and make the secret hand symbol to get a thread on the front page. Silly me.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Flags are for showing your appreciation and interest in a thread, and since the thread with most flags in a day gets placed among the top billing subjects of the site on the Home Page, you're flag is likely going to help bring that thread to the attention of tens of thousands of other people all over the world .

Stars are for showing you appreciate what was posted in a response to an Op (a post that is not a thread starter) and a graphical high five or "me too".

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I didn't realize people checked the home page... I thought people just check on "new" (in addition to checking for responses to posts)

The home page always seems kind of stale to me

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Don't worry I didn't even know how to give stars! I still don't!a reply to: Mjab6910

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Springer

I didn't realize people checked the home page... I thought people just check on "new" (in addition to checking for responses to posts)

The home page always seems kind of stale to me

I almost never look at the home page, it starts the ads a poppin' and usually is cluttered with its own ads. I hide from ads, like an owl hides from the daytime.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

In what way does flagging a thread bookmark it? I just flagged this thread to check, but it doesn't appear in myATS.

You can click subscribe, or just post in a thread and you'll be subscribed automatically.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation
I wondered that also. I often see people say that flagging helps to bookmark it but I use the subscribe button for that.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

hey're interesting. If the OP is good,

In what way does flagging a thread bookmark it? I just flagged this thread to check, but it doesn't appear in myATS.

You can click subscribe, or just post in a thread and you'll be subscribed automatically.

Hmmm, but that works for me. I usually just flag a thread to make it show up in MyATS, though making a post in it works too. Ironically, I don't remember if I've ever clicked "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" from a thread itself. And I've only unsubscribed to a thread from MyATS by clicking the X in front of the thread title.

Edit to Add: Hmm, I might be wrong. Maybe just flagging doesn't subscribe to the post. I just tested it by only flagging another thread & it's not showing up in MyATS. Hmm, maybe I've been starring the OPs too, and that's what's making it subscribe? I know that adding a post will make it subscribe, but I might have to test this more...

Edit to add even more: Ok, I just starred the OP in the thread I was talking about, and it's still not showing up in MyATS. so the star & flag didn't put it in MyATS, which is weird. Then again, it's in the General Chit Chat section. So maybe there are special rules there? Or maybe I have too many threads in MyATS, so it's "backlogged"? Need more testing...

edit on 13-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join