It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of death (Death always wins and it sucks)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So tired of death, I lost both of my parents in 2007 and have no living relatives left. Since then It's seems like every other year i am losing old time friends. I am 50 years old and thought (expected) most of my friends would be around till much later in life.

Today I lost the last one of my childhood friends due to a apartment fire. Over a simple goddamn battery! A damn battery in his smoke detector was dead. Please folks check your batteries in your smoke detectors, if you don't have smoke detectors get some, if you can't afford them call your local fire department and maybe they have a program to install them for free.

The sad thing is I am so damn broke I don't even have the gas or money for accommodations to visit his parent's to offer condolences or go to the funeral. I am so tired of death and so lonely because of death now.

edit on 11/9/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Now THAT'S a rant I can endorse.

By the way, I know how you feel. Trust me.

I'm so very sorry.

edit on 9-11-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis
Thanks, I appreciate your reply.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I'm so sorry for your loss of today and of your parents back in 2007. I am so sorry you are alone. You are not alone though, we are here for you. I wish I could come over and I would treat you to a dinner, some good reminiscing about those you love and to let you know you are not alone.

You can always pm me if you want to talk. Hugs my friend. And my deepest condolences.

P.S. Good note on the battery reminder and about the fire department. They will come and help anyone who needs help with their alarm.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis
Thanks for the beautiful song. I am sure Jerry would have liked it. It sounded Celtic as was jerry.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

P.S. Good note on the battery reminder and about the fire department. They will come and help anyone who needs help with their alarm.
I sure hope so. It's truly sad that Jerry had to die over something so overlooked as a battery.
I still can't stop crying over this. I am so very sad over this. It just broke my heart to hear that it was over a battery.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I understand your feelings completely. At 61 it seems I'm losing a family member or friend on an almost monthly basis. Just today I learned of the death of a friend since junior high. She's the fourth member of our class to pass away this year.
My condolences.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Hang in there brother....I wish there was something i could say to make the pain go away....

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I hear ya and feel for ya.

My first experience seeing death was at my high school graduation party. It hasnt slowed down.

Someone once told me that you know you are getting older when you start burying your freinds. Boy howdy he wasnt kidding.

If I lived near enough I would personally drive you where you need to be.

Try to live life with an open heart filled with the memories. They will appreciate that I am sure.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about your parents, my condolences, but... have you thought of the other end of the spectrum? Babies are born every day as well. Death does not always win and from my perspective life never loses. Does night ever "beat" day? No, there is anyways another day coming.

Same thing with life and death, just because you die doesn't mean you won't come back again, babies being born proves life continues after death. The "nothing" after death is the same as the "nothing" before birth, "nothing" always leads to this "something" we call life.

Your parents moved on to the next phase my friend. Hang in there.

edit on 11/9/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
For #'s Sake buddy, quit feeling sorry for yourself and LIVE LIFE ! There are many people that have illnesses and in worse situations than you. a reply to: proob4

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: thejeremybenthem

Life without compassion is not what most would call living. Just a friendly reminder.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thejeremybenthem
For #'s Sake buddy, quit feeling sorry for yourself and LIVE LIFE ! There are many people that have illnesses and in worse situations than you. a reply to: proob4

Yeah, and like, think of the starving children in africa, and all those lepers and people who have no brains only brain stems and stuff.

you're not allowed to ever be sad, because this guy told you so.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I just lost my Mom a couple of weeks ago, my Dad 8 years ago and many others through the years. They leave a hole in your heart that no one else could ever fill. And now I'll have to find another place to live that we can afford. Hopefully not until Spring. I love my place and don't want to leave, especially after grieving the loss of my Mother. I've been crying too. If you ever feel like talking, send a private message. Hugs!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You have my sympathies in the loss of your parents and the recent loss of your dear friend.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Life can be so very difficult sometimes..

The amount of pain from a loss seems connected to how much joy the person brought to our lives. I find something really special about that..

Its such a bittersweet, precious, fragile existence.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Death is the way of all men.

But it is the after this life that is more important.

What choices you make here determine where you will spend the after this life.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Death is like a wave. A human is a wave with a peak and a trough. The peak is the light side of the wave the trough is dark side of death light side.You can't have half a thing, you are the total wave the peak and the trough.
edit on 10-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)
h
edit on 10-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Though I will have to have it happen to me, obviously, I am kinda glad that all those smarmy people with big egos and selfishness the size of their bank accounts will have to face "the worm". It pleases me no end. "The worm" is the great equaliser of humanity. I love you Death!

"Webster was much possessed by death. And saw the skull beneath the skin" (TS Eliot "Whispers of Immortality")

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

You impress me big time. You had a huge effect on me with what you posted the other day. I will always remember your bravery and attitude.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join