It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia slammed in doping report, faces possible Olympic ban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well it seems Russia has gotten themselves in a bit of a bind,

GENEVA (AP) — Russia's status as a sports superpower and its participation in track and field events at next year's Olympics came under threat Monday after a report accused the Russians of widespread, state-supported doping reminiscent of the darkest days of cheating by the former East Germany.

The findings by a commission set up by the World Anti-Doping Agency were far more damaging than expected. It means that two of the world's most popular sports — soccer and track and field — are now mired in scandals that could destroy their reputations.

The WADA investigation's findings that Russian government officials must have known about doping and cover-ups, with even its intelligence service, the FSB, allegedly involved, threatened to severely tarnish President Vladimir Putin's use of sports to improve his country's global standing. Russia hosted the last Winter Olympics in Sochi in 2014 and will hold the next World Cup in 2018.

— FSB agents regularly visited the lab, routinely questioned its staff and told some of them not to cooperate with WADA as part of "direct intimidation and interference by the Russian state" with the lab's work. Staff at the lab believed their offices were bugged by the FSB.

news.yahoo.com...

Looks like we may not be seeing Russian's at the Olympics.

It's a sad day when in 2015 a country has to step back in time and dope their athletes for the Olympics. Will they never learn.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yeah it was the funniest thing to watch on CNN earlier.

Lady from Olympic AntiDoping Association - "Oh yeah, I'm sure if it was looked into further you'd see that doping extends to other events as well, even other countries including America. I'm not really sure why the 350 page report stuck to Track and Field and particularly Russia....*stutters* but that of course doesn't make it ok for Russia. It is pervasive though and we need a global AntiDoping policy.....etc"-paraphrasing

Me to the TV: "let me give you a hint there honey"

This would be a perfect time for a good Russian joke. Strange I don't really know any. Off topic, but I hear there isn't a lot of humor in Germany.

edit on 9-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
In non-Soviet Russia athletes dope you.

Maybe they've caught this early enough so Russia can "clean" up its athletes (literally) and accept enough scrutiny to assure that their team comes into Brasil in an acceptable state.
edit on 9-11-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Desperate times call for desperate propaganda.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

That's right, because Russia never doped their athletes...never.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Already posted,someone beat you to it by an hour.
ATS, Athletics doping scandal.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

No more or no less than any other country and/or event professional or otherwise. It has ruined sports and sportsmanship. To call out Russia is the true height of hypocracy but that is clearly lost on people.

Besides, I thought Russia was exempt, or is that only the bear wrestling event?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
That's why Drago couldn't beat Rocky.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

What,a crock...I'm an American patriot when it all boils down. But the oil and bank barons fronting as politicians are just mad that the other...smaller band of thieves are winning.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Amen

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Right and certainly neither have we...come on

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

many countries dope, including the united states.
Its just that the US is angry with Russia and all the allies are standing with the US looking for every excuse to publically shame them.

Next Russia will be publically scolded for sending so many young men to their deaths against the Nazi freedom fighters.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

No more or no less than any other country and/or event professional or otherwise.

Never said it was, but it is Russia that has been caught.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Again..what a crock

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You have to agree the timing is a bit suspect....
State sponsored cheating too, not just run of the mill stuff....

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Poor Poor Russiaa getting singled out for cheating, wish the West didn't make them put needles in their athletes arms.

I knew someone was gonna make this about western propaganda

edit on 9-11-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Poor Poor Russiaa getting singled out for cheating, wish the West didn't make them put needles in their athletes arms.

I knew someone was gonna make this about western propaganda

How silly of me.. Its not like the west uses any nonsense to ridicule Russia in the world press now is it ?

that's not something the west would do, we're genuine and never lie and propaganda is only for the communists.

Russia accused of striking hospitals

www.rt.com...

Russia accused of killing civilians

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Thats your sources? RT and aljazeera? I'm not saying it doesn't happen but you can do better

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
No,no,no,no.. No politics in Sports.. You dont punish athletes cause of something they have nothing to do with..

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Next week on CNN:

Russian leaders of state have been discovered putting the toilet paper rolls in the wrong direction in the water closets at the parliament building.

A CNN delegate has informed us of Putin's comment on the situation as: "Not to worry comrades, it's hard to find the direction of the toilet paper end after a 3-hour lunch of wodka and borscht. Westerners will never understand the difficult position we must face every day in the motherland."

Updates will follow as the situation unfolds.

Back to you Barbra.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join