It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Indictment Of Atheists

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Best is to improve oneself, criticism only stirs up controversy.
You don't have to convince others of the truth, they will understand when they are ready.
Perhaps an occasional reminder, though.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: cryptic0void

You don't have to convince others of the truth, they will understand when they are ready.

One could interpret this as being the "progress of the soul" though its journey of unenlightened/ill-informed struggle. Thrashing around/attempting to understand our reason for being.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
There is one thing that this thread (among others) seems to show quite clearly. Theists (at least here on ats) will never understand the concept of atheism.

It is kinda funny and sad at the same time, too see people struggle with something so much, trying to fit it into their religious world view by reinterpreting and redefining atheist statements.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius
Cognitive dissonance.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

You could...
I sense a dual meaning, perhaps I don't need to develop?
My august immanence having been prepared in advance?
edit on 12-11-2015 by cryptic0void because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
There is one thing that this thread (among others) seems to show quite clearly. Theists (at least here on ats) will never understand the concept of atheism.

It is kinda funny and sad at the same time, too see people struggle with something so much, trying to fit it into their religious world view by reinterpreting and redefining atheist statements.

and vise versa

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Gryphon66

Show how a lack of belief actually creates a "presumption that there is a god to not believe in."

Hey, it sounded intelligent and insightful. That's proof enough.

Hmnmm ....

Is there a thread on "Spiritual Atheism"? That might be interesting.

Don't know, but this will give you a general overview...

There's further explanation on the site.
Spiritual Atheism

Yes there was a thread on spiritual atheism, I started it, it didn't go over very well.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
Which is too bad, because I thought it was a good thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: moebius

and vise versa

Do not agree with that.

Many, probably most atheists, myself included, were raised in a religious belief.

It is through religion, studying, researching, that I eventually accepted I am atheist.

Oh, and I was 65 when that happened. I gave God plenty of years.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

"Love and reason keep little company these days."

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Yes there was a thread on spiritual atheism, I started it, it didn't go over very well.

It went 10 pages.

Is it that you didn't get the responses you were expecting?

edit on 12-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: TzarChasm
So an atheist, a feminist, and a vegan walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one...

Is this a dive bar or 'mixology bar'. You forgot the Theist was already seated (waiting in anticipation) hours before their arrival time; drunk on tequila shots or scripture recitation.

Nah. An atheist, a feminist, and a vegan walk into a bar. The vegan orders their drinks while the atheist inquires about the evenings entertainment. Turns out a breakout talent, a magician, is putting on a show. Miguel the magnificent promises to astonish with a disappearing act. But first, a drink. After all three customers ply him with various beverage, he says "on the count of three! Uno, dos..."

then he disappears without a tres.

...eh? Eh?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Good one

I'm guessing the feminist stormed out due to the patriarchal system only giving women the assistant role in the show?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

atheists don't need to debunk religion. but they should.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: TzarChasm

Good one

I'm guessing the feminist stormed out due to the patriarchal system only giving women the assistant role in the show?

sure, i guess. i didnt really consider it, just thought it would be cute to imply that it was going to be a charged joke, then change tacks for a mild finish that leaves you like "i thought he was gonna piss everyone off but hey, its spanish, thats funny". and then you are half glad because you can imagine the fallout from insulting women, god, and vegans at the same table while half exasperated because the joke is just so cheesy you cant believe you were worried. instinctive response: laugh it off and move on. just like this thread.

or just stare at me like i have two noses.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist

Atheism, or non-theism, is far more personal than religion. And using logic and reason has never worked all that well for getting people to give up their beliefs. They're beliefs, after all, and inherently accepted without proof.

So it's kind of a waste of time and energy.
edit on 12-11-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist

Personal belief is one thing.

Political Religion is another.

I am 100% in support of Separation of Church and State.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HorusChrist

Why don't they? Religion and God are not one and the same?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
originally posted by: vethumanbeing

TzarChasm: So an atheist, a feminist, and a vegan walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one...

vhb: Is this a dive bar or 'mixology bar'. You forgot the Theist was already seated (waiting in anticipation) hours before their arrival time; drunk on tequila shots or scripture recitation.

TzrChasm: Nah. An atheist, a feminist, and a vegan walk into a bar. The vegan orders their drinks while the atheist inquires about the evenings entertainment. Turns out a breakout talent, a magician, is putting on a show. Miguel the magnificent promises to astonish with a disappearing act. But first, a drink. After all three customers ply him with various beverage, he says "on the count of three! Uno, dos..."
then he disappears without a tres.
...eh? Eh?

What happened to the Theist and feminist (magician was a pop-physiologist?).

edit on 13-11-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

a reply to: HorusChrist

Why don't they? Religion and God are not one and the same?

Not sure what that very uncreative and negative point of view is supposed to express (NO HOPE) for the human [creators secret unrevealed message]. Faith in a primary creator is not the same as Man's bogus invention of God.
edit on 13-11-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join