It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists may be on the verge of finding Queen Nefertiti's secret tomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Exciting news coming through regarding the possible hidden tomb of Queen Nefertiti.

An investigation of King Tutankhamun's tomb may have led to the indication of hidden chambers, according to a statement from Egypt's antiquity ministry. A team from Cairo University's Faculty of Engineering and a Paris-based organization called the Heritage, Innovation and Preservation Institute used infrared thermography to measure the temperature of each of the walls of the tomb. Preliminary analysis of the non-invasive search showed that one area of the northern wall was a different temperature than other areas, which is a potential sign of a hidden chamber.
A 24-hour experiment measured the temperature of the tomb's walls.
The infrared thermography test showed that one area of the northern wall was a different temperature than other areas.
The difference in temperature could indicate that there is a hidden chamber behind the wall.

This is an ONGOING investigation. This new information is very promising though.
It's worth reading the full article if you are so inclined...
Arti cle

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Thank you for the link and this update.

I think that she may have been his mother and co regent. Many scholars have come to this conclusion.

I hope you keep us posted with any further news.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9
There are a small group of us on here that follow this and other related discoveries.
Updates will definitely be posted as they come through.
It seems like we 'might' be seeing a new era of freedom of exploration in this amazing land of mysteries!

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Apparently the investigation was supposed to last from this past Wednesday until Friday?

I figure they should allocate more time though didn't specify exactly the procedures to find out more of what may be behind the walls-besides imaging unless the plans are to unseal the areas.

With that didn't hear anything as of yet. I'm guessing there's either something big to reveal, or the finding didn't conclude anything.
Source

Also, to point this out from the source above,

Reeves believes the figure labelled Tutankhamun is actually Nefertiti. He noted that a line at the side of the figure’s mouth, called “oromental groove,” is a trademark in pictures of Nefertiti. On the other hand, the figure labelled Ay would be Tutankhamun, completing the death ritual for Nefertiti.

Interesting if he were to be correct, which seems not likely so far, maybe Tut really lies behind the walls.

edit on 8-11-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

Possible major secret found inside King Tut's tomb

"The preliminary analysis indicates the presence of an area different in its temperature than the other parts of the northern wall," announced Egypt's antiquities minister. The difference in temperature might mean there's an open space behind that section of wall, according to Discovery.

preliminary analysis
indicates
might
according to Discovery

nothing to see here, move along

Two minutes with a hammer would settle it.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

I am SO not letting you NEAR any of my fossils or my artifacts, bub!

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Marduk

I am SO not letting you NEAR any of my fossils or my artifacts, bub!

if one of them contained Nefertitis tomb you might

new topics

top topics

join