It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leader of "National Religious Liberties Conference" Calls for Execution of LGBT Folks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Unfortunately, listening to religious nutjobs preaching hate and violence doesn't seem to hurt one's chances for the Presidency. If it did, Reverend Wright would have tanked Obama's campaign.

With all due respect, if you can't quote the Rev. Wright calling, repeatedly, for the executions of millions of Americans based on his interpretation of the Bible, it's not the same thing.

If you can provide the evidence, I'll be glad to discuss it with you.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well he doesn't go out and say "We should create a secular law that will make homosexuality punishable by death", and in these religious contexts they quote the bible and the difference between biblical canon and real life application are often implicit, and even further I think that is what he was intentionally riding on in order to get by on this one. Having said all of that, I do think that in their not-so-secret little hearts that is what they want, and that is kind of implicit as well. There was actually a lot of social/cultural nuance going on there.

It was certainly an inflammatory thing to say, and there is no denying that when those kinds of nasty ideological thoughts become words sometimes they then sometimes become deeds, which is the point of saying them up on a podium.

edit on 7-11-2015 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Sadly their hate spread to their children.

edit on 7-11-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Well he doesn't go out and say "We should create a secular law that will make homosexuality punishable by death", and in these religious contexts they quote the bible and the difference between biblical canon and real life application are often implicit, and even further I think that is what he was intentionally riding on in order to get by on this one. Having said all of that, I do think that in their not-so-secret little hearts that is what they want, and that is kind of implicit as well. There was actually a lot of social/cultural nuance going on there.

It was certainly an inflammatory thing to say, and there is no denying that when those kinds of nasty ideological thoughts become words sometimes they then sometimes become deeds, which is the point of saying them up on a podium.

You encapsulated my point precisely.

It's not just the words, or the national venue, or the fact that this current of hatred flows through this political faction, but it is the validation of these comments by three Republican Presidential Candidates by their presence on the same stage, being promoted by the same guy, a few hours earlier. That suggests strongly to me that the ideas have a real possibility of going "mainstream" although it is unlikely that either of the three candidates will make much headway.

EDIT: Do I think that there will be a widespread movement in America to execute gays and lesbians? I certainly hope not.

edit on 8Sat, 07 Nov 2015 08:58:04 -060015p0820151166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Yes, I do know that, sadly.

The Rev. Swanson is also a leader in the homeschoolling movement, although he does not, as far as I know, speak for every homeschooler everywhere.

He's also connected to many Christian or "Christian" media groups.

Source
edit on 8Sat, 07 Nov 2015 08:55:47 -060015p0820151166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: redhorse

You encapsulated my point precisely.

It's not just the words, but also, the venue, or the fact that this current of hatred flows through this political faction, but it is the validation of these comments by three Republican Presidential Candidates by their presence on the same stage, being promoted by the same guy, a few hours earlier. That suggests strongly to me that the ideas have a real possibility of going "mainstream" although it is unlikely that either of the three candidates will make much headway.

Still.

I actually agree with you on this one. They are intentionally trying to gain control of the political system. They train people and groom them for that purpose. As you said, it's unlikely to get real legs under it anytime soon, but with enough social pressure (a significant war for example) then, well then they might be able to shove that cultural pendulum all the way over to their way of thinking. I don't know if rhetoric that extreme is going to go mainstream in the immediate future, but the country does seem to be becoming more polarized in political perspective so who knows... It's worth keeping an eye on. I was a little surprised he said it in such a high profile circumstance, even with a receptive audience. I think it is significant that he was that bold.
edit on 7-11-2015 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So, ya woke up this morning, stretched and yawned, and decided you'd mount Rocinante and go fight some more of those terrifying windmills today...

Muhahahaha

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
So, ya woke up this morning, stretched and yawned, and decided you'd mount Rocinante and go fight some more of those terrifying windmills today...

Muhahahaha

Are you suggesting the OP does not see the world as it really is, or that he sees himself as a chivalrous knight, righting all the wrongs of the world?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

OATH OF OFFICE:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

If I'm reading this right (and if some Prosecutor had some balls), Senior AHoles Cruz, Jindal and Huckabee should ASAP be arrested for lending aid and abetting to this Domestic Terrorist (Swanson) in his suggested MURDERING of Millions of US citizens. IMHO Cruz, Jindal, Huckabee, Swanson and likeminded are just as SICK and twisted as Hitler, Stalin, Mao, ISIS and a "few" others.....

Sorry, I stop here, I'm so PO'd (and I'm not even American) how my 2nd favorite country being destroyed by Aholes and I don't wanna violate ATS's T&C.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Leader of "National Religious Liberties Conference" Calls for Execution of LGBT Folks

I've watched both of the cherry-picked, pulled out of context clips you provided and I'm not seeing where he calls for your execution.

My libtard is a little rusty though, perhaps you could kindly point out where he says this?

edit on 7-11-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

edit on 7-11-2015 by Bone75 because: hit the wrong button

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I've watched both of the cherry-picked, pulled out of context clips you provided and I'm not seeing where he calls for your execution.

My libtard is a little rusty, so could you kindly point out where he says this?

What context do you require for calling for death for millions of Americans?

Apparently your English is not very good either.

The first video 0:37 - 0:43 specifically.

The second video speaks to his state of mind as noted in my post.

I know you and I have our differences Bone, but are you sure you want to be on record as being supportive of this kind of thing?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Right Wing Watch, a project of People for the American Way, was first to report that Huckabee, Jindal, and fellow presidential candidate Ted Cruz are all slated to speak at the conference. They evidently have no problem sharing a cozy stage with Swanson, who has said a number of times that gay people deserve to be put to death. He’s also worried aloud that many things are turning children gay, including the movie Frozen, Girl Scout Cookies and daycare.

Source

edit on 1172015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

My libtard is a little rusty, so could you kindly point out where he says this?

It is clearly laid out by inference. It's kinda hard to miss, actually.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I know you and I have our differences Bone, but are you sure you want to be on record as being supportive of this kind of thing?

Supportive of what he actually said in the first clip (put back into context)... absolutely.

Supportive of what you've twisted that into... absolutely not.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Supportive of what he actually said in the first clip (put back into context)... absolutely.

Supportive of what you've twisted that into... absolutely not.

I can accept that.

He clearly states that Christians should "receive" the Biblical truth that homosexuals are to be put to death.

Perhaps you're trying to quibble that calling for folks to be "put to death" is not equivalent to calling for execution, but that's ridiculous.

I'm sad for you Bone, truly.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

He clearly states that Christians should "receive" the Biblical truth that homosexuals are to be put to death.

He didn't say that either, in fact he never even used the phrase "put to death". Why can't you guys just shoot it to us straight?
The world is a #ty enough place as it is.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
To say many Christians feel this way is shocking to me, in my 65 years I have never heard a Christian wish death to a homosexual, ever,

And I have been to plenty churches and various denominations.

In fact I can't recall hearing a preacher single out homosexuality, immorality yes, but never specifically homosexuality,

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
To say many Christians feel this way is shocking to me, in my 65 years I have never heard a Christian wish death to a homosexual, ever,

And I have been to plenty churches and various denominations.

In fact I can't recall hearing a preacher single out homosexuality, immorality yes, but never specifically homosexuality,

And in my 49 years I've heard it plenty of times from "Christians" and I spent the first 17 years of my life in various Baptist, Evangelical, Church of God, Pentecostal churches.

The Rev. Swanson has said the exact same things on multiple occasions.

I do find it hard to believe that you're not aware that Christians don't talk about homosexuality frequently.

I mean with all due respect Stormdancer ... come on. Are you really saying that you aren't aware that most Christians condemn homosexuals specifically?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

He didn't say that either, in fact he never even used the phrase "put to death". Why can't you guys just shoot it to us straight?
The world is a #ty enough place as it is.

He says "worthy of death". You're splitting hairs here but it's not hard to understand what he's saying unless you play dumb to do so. You seem to be playing it up pretty good ATM.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join