It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody ever actually predicted anything useful ever?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Was just wondering are there any documented cases of any predictions coming true?

Not where they have been twisted to fit but where it is clear and obvious what the prediction is/was and how it was fulfilled.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
i did

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Nostradamus accurately predicted a few things during his time, including the death of Henry II.

The young lion will overcome the older one,
On the field of combat in a single battle;
He will pierce his eyes through a golden cage,
Two wounds made one, then he dies a cruel death."

France's King Henry II lined up to joust Gabriel, comte de Montgomery, seigneur de Lorges, a nobleman six years his junior, in the summer of 1559.

In their final pass, Montgomery's lance tilted up and splintered into two shards. One went through the king's visor and hit his eye, and the other lodged in his temple. Henry suffered for 10 days before dying in his bed.

11 Shockingly Interesting Predictions from Nostradamus

Read some of the other predictions he makes, it is worth the time.
edit on 06amFri, 06 Nov 2015 04:41:56 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Yes , and i now do not think bad things about anyone .Oh and it was not an isolated thing . Useful , no .

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
1984....it is a book....you should read it maybe....kinda tells you exactly what our future is going to be

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

The appearance of Jesus Christ, the long awaited Messiah, was predicted in the Old Testament. Predicted many times, and in many different styles.

Christianity is the ONLY religeon in the history of man that can make this fantastical, yet truthful, claim. The leader was foretold, and indeed he appeared, as promised.

It's that simple, be a Christian. Cuz it's all true.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The trouble with Nostradamus is it is soooooo open to interpretation - people are always doing it.

1984 - a book i did back in school in the year 1984 which was the first time it had to be viewed from 'the present' rather than future must be even weirder now, if its still in the curriculum, reading a scifi dystopian future book that is now set in the past.

Not really a prediction though was it and it's now 2015

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Our knowledge of these predictions were written how many 100's of years after the event?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Well i heard he didn't predict it as much as giving the sign to kill to his oponent... It's a conspiracy!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Short answer is : No.
But you're going to have several that claim they can, but will come up with all kinds of excuses not to prove it.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I predict you'll get sleepy and hungry later... Spot on i bet?
Also you lost someone you loved, but learn/ed to love again... If you're older than 16, that's always true too.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Well not many people were actually able to write back then, but they sure as heck were all talking about it!

And we're still talking about it 2000 years later. Pretty amazing, sociologically speaking. Its quite mysterious, and curious, looked at from many angles actually.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Over 2000 years ago it was prophesied by Isaiah and Ezekiel that the Jews would one day regain control of Israel. You can read the relevant passages and an explanation of each here:

10 biblical prophecies concerning Israel

The formation of Israel happened long after the people who wrote this were dead and buried. I can't think of another example nearly as compelling as this.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian

The appearance of Jesus Christ, the long awaited Messiah, was predicted in the Old Testament. Predicted many times, and in many different styles.

Christianity is the ONLY religeon in the history of man that can make this fantastical, yet truthful, claim. The leader was foretold, and indeed he appeared, as promised.

It's that simple, be a Christian. Cuz it's all true.

What if I claimed to be the person prophesied ? Will I get a cult following ?

Pretty easy to read something and then become it...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

Well, if you predict that you're going to offer yourself up for death...innocently, not say a word in your own defense, then go through with your execution...then rise from the dead a couple days later, all beaming in white, with your bloody wounds visible for all to see., Well, I'd have to say I just might stop and listen further to what you have to say.

Let me know if this happens or if you hear of anyone else this happens to. I'm all ears.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

I'm assuming that you believe this happened?

The only prediction to come true was when the community leaders gathered round to develop their religion, they would have forseen the control and fear it would evoke. The thing they didn't see is that people on the other side of the planet would feel it was applicable to them 1500 years later. No one could have seen that coming.

Personally I have predicted the river card in poker multiple times (exact number and suit which annoys my mates) but that feels valid only because I forgot about the hundreds of times I was wrong...pretty much like nostradamus
edit on 6-11-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Yes, of course it happened. The evidence is overwhelming.

Most who refuse the evidence or simply want to stick their head in the sand, are usually opposed to the teachings. They are teachings that directly conflict with their chosen way of life.

It's easier to deny the teaching than to confirm the teaching and admit we stand opposed to it, by our choices in life.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

My belief is that all "proven" predictions are simply either a case of interpretation because of vagueness (like Nostradomus, or Edgar Cayce), or a case of self-fulfilled prophecies, which people believe a prediction enough that they make it come true.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Lots of people have had a clue as to what's goin' down.

Frank Baums' book The Master Key of Electricity" (1901)

Read Chapter 8

for example.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

This could easily be transformed for the "Rant" forum.

Then again I'm one of those naggy complainers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join