It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want a perfect society? Well you can't have it. Atleast, not in this society.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: Delteis

However, isn't this whole argument stupid. We've had the fight for anti racism already. I'll say it too, everyone is a little racist but that's just how this society is. We should be done with the whole anti racism thing, and what we should be saying instead is all lives matter. Because that's what it boils down to in the end. All lives matter.

I'm sorry what? I think BLM is a hypocritical and terrible movement as well but that doesn't mean we should abandon anti-racism causes... Black people have only been considered equal to humans legally in the mid 1960's. Do you really think in American societies racists were just going to start treating black people with respect as if nothing ever happened? And that black people were just suppose to forget what happened to them and their ancestors?
That's ludicrous!
No racism is not innate in any society, that's fallacious...Racism is a learned behavior that propagates in societies where the dominant cultures deem ignorance as an acceptable social behavior. Usually cultural pressure like this is done through authority figures like parents,elders or other leaders.

We're slowly killing our planet and only a few care. Infact it's gotten so bad that even those who want to help don't, because no one else is. Sure we're having crazy advancements with these green technologies. However, some of these crazy ideas i'm seeing rarely in action. The oil and gasoline power house has no end. That is until we actually kill our planet or consume too much to the point where we have nothing left. (I've always wondered that if we run out of fossil fuels before we create working green technologies, will we not have enough power to create working green tech?)

How do you think we got to this point in technology? If the resources for our current energy needs deplete there will always be creative,innovative individuals who will be able to survive with the changes in the environment and create some impressive tech without the use of fossil fuels and/or radioactive isotopes. I understand and agree with your sentiment overall though.

ETA;

To top off this rant. In order for the perfect society to happen, we'd have to have no traces of greed in our minds. The concept of money could be considered as the deliverance of greed. Because people will want more. Yet if OUR society never thought of money or greed (trying to be better than another) we would have the capability to develop together. If we developed together then we would have a chance at the perfect society.

Greed is not innate nor uniquely in human beings. To get rid of greed you would have to remove emotional gratification from the equation, which would ultimately have people being forced to suppress their emotions..It didn't work in the past,I don't see it working out in the future unless you compensate by increasing the rationale of the average human.

I never said that black people should just forget. Racism is a horrible thing, and so is greed. If there's one person that they can learn it from, then the so called virus spreads. Society is just one weak immune system. What I'm saying is that in the current time where days are rapidly progressing the idea of racism is outdated. In the school that I go to its 50/50 racially diverse, and I don't see an ounce of racism. It've because we were brought up in an environment that did not advocate such things. Which is why when I see others saying the N word in an offensive way I feel disgusted. Even more so with BLM it's a horrible movement. Now all I see are videos of police officers tackling a black man / black girl and everyone feels free to hop on and say it's racism, when at the core it's truly not.

What I'm saying with technology is basically that those whom are in control, will want to remain in control. Meanwhile those who are in control aren't necessarily helping the situation (if at all).

True that greed isn't innate with humanity. What I'm basically saying is that if there's someone who knows about greed in a perfect society (even just one person) he has the power to teach others essentially destroying said perfect society. In order to actually progress we need to work out this issue and leave greed behind as a race and not an individual.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Perfection is an ideal, not a reality or an attainable state of being.

Perfection will only exist in the mind of the single individual, because no two people agree on and want the exact same thing all of the time.

But the reality is that it's not just greed that eliminates the reality of perfection, but it's simply the fact of being human and not sheep.

And that's okay.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I never said that black people should just forget. Racism is a horrible thing, and so is greed. If there's one person that they can learn it from, then the so called virus spreads. Society is just one weak immune system. What I'm saying is that in the current time where days are rapidly progressing the idea of racism is outdated. In the school that I go to its 50/50 racially diverse, and I don't see an ounce of racism. It've because we were brought up in an environment that did not advocate such things. Which is why when I see others saying the N word in an offensive way I feel disgusted. Even more so with BLM it's a horrible movement. Now all I see are videos of police officers tackling a black man / black girl and everyone feels free to hop on and say it's racism, when at the core it's truly not.

Is this not what you said..? ;

We should be done with the whole anti racism thing

Ideally you want people to view members within humanity as an equal part of humanity,realistically your implying humans should ignore anti-racism discourse and the negative effects racism has brought upon them in the past.
Your reasoning seems to dictate that since you have not personally been exposed to racism, everyone else should just end said discourse.

Also your personal anecdote is irrelevant, it doesn't matter whether or not you personally have never seen racist or xenophobic behavior that doesn't negate the fact that it is still prevalent in many societies around the world. Correct me if I'm wrong... That's pretty ignorant reasoning on your part.. Not calling you a racist(due to your lack of exposure) just someone with an ignorant perception of reality.

I agree though we should unite as a species and leave behind the ignorance of the past for the betterment of society. It's not going to happen by putting our heads in the ground like an ostrich.

What I'm saying with technology is basically that those whom are in control, will want to remain in control. Meanwhile those who are in control aren't necessarily helping the situation (if at all).

Are you referring to a technocracy? If so, sure you have a point. Some techs are being suppressed to maintain the power of those who create the current tech..But there still will be people who will bypass that control and release their tech to the world regardless and the power that the technocrats have will end slowly..

True that greed isn't innate with humanity. What I'm basically saying is that if there's someone who knows about greed in a perfect society (even just one person) he has the power to teach others essentially destroying said perfect society. In order to actually progress we need to work out this issue and leave greed behind as a race and not an individual.

Logical fail... Not every physicist teaches physics and not every one of a physicist's students becomes a physicists.. Just like The knowledge to be greedy doesn't predispose someone to become a greedy person, they have a higher chance to maybe act greedy.. That's your entire point, the circumstantial probability for certain knowledge to potentially corrupt people and ultimately destroying the society as a whole.

The knowledge of greed doesn't cause someone to be greedy nor is it the person who gave them that knowledge(directly or indirectly) it can be due to the emotional gratification and/or the rationale of individualism that causes greed to fester in people. I again agree we should leave greed behind and further a collectivist approach to some extent. It's not going to happen anytime soon unfortunately...

ETA

You seem to want to work out the problems with greed poisoning the world but want to ignore the problems of racism.

edit on 5-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

I've seen racism first hand believe me. But I just personally think that some of this is just too far. The recent video of a cop taking a high school girl to the floor over what seemed like a cell phone dispute is just a perfect example. It's clearly visible that she couldn't gain balance when the cop picked her out of her seat causing them both to fall and struggle.

What was the first thing that people said when the video was release.

RACIST COP BEATS HIGH SCHOOL GIRL.

Yet before the cameras were rolling the girl was disrespecting the teacher, the principal and even the cop. Just because she didn't want to put away her phone. So the cop did his job albeit a mistake that led to unfortunate circumstances. Not racism.

Yet another video where a white cop pulls a gun out on a white guy holding a camera simply to protect himself. This cop had no reason to pull out a gun but he did anyways putting the WHITE man's life in danger at the hands of someone whom is supposed to protect him. I'm not saying that all cops are bad. I'm saying that this # happens on both sides, and that there is no reason for one side to turn it into something it clearly is not.

On another note if you don't agree with my opinion / view, then that's okay.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Entirely true. Being human is entirely our demise

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join