It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd happend tonight very weird

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hello all so my wife and myself had an odd experience tonight as we were prepping diner, a little back story.

My wife and myself have had some very crazy times with the house we purchased a few years back while i have had some hard to explain things happen to me my wife on the other hand is a complete skeptic and will very rarely admit to anything that she cant explain. Well we are having our basement refinished this in of itself is a very long story as to why it needed to be done and honestly isnt relavent, so i digress.

My wife and myself are upstairs talking about our day and making dinner when we hear a saw go off in the basement, my wife looks at me perplexed and asked me if the dry wall guy had came back, i hadnt heard the garage door open since she got home and that is how he enters and exits my house. I told her not that i know but went and checked outside for his truck to be sure, his truck was not to be found. I came back into the kitchen and let her know that he wasnt there when like a thunderclap the saw goes off again. At this point im a little freaked out and my wife is looking concerned at this point i mustered up the courage to go down stairs and there sitting in the middle of the floor is a saw (miter i believe, though i could be wrong) nothing else no drywall guy, no anything but the saw is off and im starting to think that we are hearing things maybe it was on the tv and it just sounded like it was coming from down stares. Just as i was starting to come to grips with this idea the saw turns on right in front of me after sitting in shock for what seemed like forever i unplugged the damn saw and ran upstairs to tell my wife what happened.

After some time to calm down and eat our dinner i went back downstairs to try and find a rational explanation for what i had just saw and well nothing is forthcoming for a reason for this to have happened. When the dry wall guy gets here tomorrow i will ask him if he has had this happen to him that he is aware of, im not feeling positive that he will give me good news as his saw has been in my basement for over a month and this is the first time that this has happened and well to be honest i also hope it is the last.

well thats my story any thoughts? any reason that this could happen? the saw looked to be in good working order and i didnt notice any flaws in the power source when i checked it with my volt meter and outlet checker. im at a loss and my wife well i lied to her and told her i found a logical explanation as she is scared rather easily.
edit on 3-11-2015 by crimsongod21 because: spellcheck as it was pointed out my spelling was terrible in the first draft

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Burn some sage down there.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
1st it's spelled stairs. after you checked the saw did you unplug it? was it plugged in already to begin with before you looked into it and have you had other odd or unexplained occurrences before? if this is a supernatural event things can manifest more strongly because of renovations and such

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

i appologize i wasnt really paying attention to my spelling as im feel like im having a mental break down. It was plugged in when i went down stairs and i unplugged it after it came on infront of me. I have had some odd experiances since we bought the house but nothing of note in the last year or so unless you count feeling like there is some one in the room with you when you are alone.

Could this be linked to the work being done down stairs, possible but you would think it would of manifested when i tore it all down over a year ago also of note the basement was unfinished when the person we purchased the house from bought it to flip he was the one who finished it, so with that being said i wouldnt think any spirit linked to the house would be mad that we were finishing it unless they are mad that its getting finished again..

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I would guess that a malfunction with the saw, its cord, or the electricity is much more likely than paranormal activity. You should definitely inform your drywall man.

When the saw came on twice, was either of you touching any other light switches or anything? Sometimes houses are wired weird, and a light switch can turn a plug on or off. You guys might've been flipping a plug to "on" unknowingly, especially if it's a rarely used basement plus, you may not have noted this before.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

My wife and myself have had some very crazy times with the house we purchased a few years back while I have had some hard to explain things happen to me

What other things have happened besides the saw? Do you know the history of the house or previous owners or the land it's built on? Certainly sound like something strange is going on.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

no we were using normal plugs and outlets at the time, back before we had the foundation problems that prompted the work being done the outlet the saw is plugged into was where my tv was plugged in, and we never had any issues with it. now i agree there is a possibility that there is a malfunction with the saw and i plan on talking to him in the morning when he shows up as i would hate for it to kick on while he is in an unsafe position.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Seems rather strange that a saw would go on after it was unplugged. I don't know anything about saws but, why would it start up by itself without being plugged in?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Did you check the saw and assure it wasn't made in China?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Hahahaha! Thanks, I needed a laugh!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

the house was originally owned by a couple that lived here from the date it was built 1950s untill about 4 or 5 years ago, when the owners passed on. it was then purchased at auction when the surviving family let it slip into delinquency on its taxes. The man i purchased it from owned it for about 6 months before my wife and myself purchased it.

the husband George died in the house by falling down the stairs and breaking his neck, according to my neighbor when i purchased the house we were told both the husband and wife had died at the hospital about 4 years apart from one another so i dont know which story is the 100% truth.

As for odd and or strange occurrences that i have experienced here, mostly creepy feelings of being watched and or that i am not alone when i am the only person in the house, things moving or disappearing and reappearing on there own, and the weirdest up until today happened about 6 to 8 months into buying the house.

I was outside the house working in the yard when i happened to look into the sunroom (about 90% windows) and i noticed a very well dressed man in a dark blue or black suite and tie wearing a brimmed hat just standing there. Thinking someone was in my house that i did not know i immediately ran into the house through the sliding glass door in the sunroom to find no one there and all the other doors locked and secured.

The land that it is built on is old farm land and at least in recent memory nothing of note has happened in this location, my wifes family actually owned what used to be a farm just down the road from our subdivision so we are somewhat aware of the local history.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Milwaukee brand, last i knew they were made in the united states though i could be wrong and something could have changed with them.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

An odd story.

You're missing an important detail, in fact you pointed us away from it...

Paranormal activity is very often "awakened" by renovations, repairs, changes, etc. to the home/property. I think that's a very important detail - particularly if you're in the paranormal camp.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thektotheg

it is a possibility but i dont know why it would manifest itself now, and not lets say when they were ripping a 12 inch wide ring in the floor to add the drain tile, or putting in the 16 steel i beams to shore up the foundation, why would they wait until it was just about finished to start doing strange things?

with this im not sure what camp im in, i believe in ghost and the supernatural but at the same time i think often times there is a rational explanation for most things.

The fact is it might just be wishful thinking that it is something mundane as having ghost in my permanent place of residence just bugs me.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I was outside the house working in the yard when i happened to look into the sunroom (about 90% windows) and i noticed a very well dressed man in a dark blue or black suite and tie wearing a brimmed hat just standing there. Thinking someone was in my house that i did not know i immediately ran into the house through the sliding glass door in the sunroom to find no one there and all the other doors locked and secured.

Sounds to me like you have seen a ghost. Things have also been appearing and disappearing and then the thing with the saw turning on when unplugged. You seem to have a haunting. Maybe you could take some pics in the room where you saw the gentleman and where the saw turned on. Maybe even try taking an EVP, asking questions, pausing then asking more questions and see if anything happens.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

when the saw turned on it was plugged in, i unplugged it to turn it off and keep it from turning on again, i have taken 100s of photos in the basement documenting all the damages and areas that were in poor repair for the court case i had with the seller of the house. I did not see anything out of the norm in those pictures and my wife and i have had of pictures taken in the sun room multiple times by a family friend who also happens to be a photographer and she hasnt mentioned anything out of the norm with the pictures we have taken.

i 100% believe the man i saw that day was a ghost be it the previous home owner or something or some one else i do not know, i have had some odd experiences in my life that i could spend all day trying to explain but dont really correlate to this thread at the moment.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
A lot of Milwaukee tools have been sold out to China as far as I know, but I don't know how relevant that actually is. I have seen issues with power tool switches, where they start randomly acting up and closing the contact, turning the tool on briefly. I have also seen them not work at all. It is a possible explanation, but I wouldn't completely rule out supernatural if you have had other experiences in the house as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

no need for apologies mistakes are made in those situations. since i'm not the one experiencing it is hard to tell what it really is, try sage most weak spirit things will be forced out or try using whatever your faith calls for to exorcise them. it is probably beyond you but in your situation i would make a thoughtform designed just to deal with it
edit on 4-11-2015 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

Oh shizz......it's a spelling nazi.....

Ruuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Scarier than any poltergeist!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

so did you actually have anything intelligent to add? or was that it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join