It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Try To Prevent War? The Bible Says No

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
I see evidence in these truths you scoff at as fair warning.
Perceived by you preferably as a threat. You say I'm gulible
as you ride side saddle in disbelief of everything.

I don't disbelieve everything. I just do not believe in man made religion or your notion of Jesus and God. I think they are aspects of old, human precepts used to explain what was once the unexplainable. And nowadays, religion is the bed for everything wrong with our society. Mostly -- War. Just my opinion of course.

Because God is in everything. His message rings clear as a bell to me.
And there are none so blind as those who will not see. If
you were content with your choice you wouldn't be here.

Mate, I'm only on ATS for aliens. That's it. Honestly. I'm waiting for some NASA announcement, or genuine hack/whistleblower that proves aliens exist. Thats the only reason I'm here. You religious fanatics are just a pastime.

With that pitiful excuse that your fighting for truth justice
and the american way fly'n around ATS in your dant da da das
fighting off the evil Christians.

I'm not American. And your Superman quote is ill-placed as he was mostly invented by a Canadian.

When you have a better explanation
for existence that makes better sense pal.

Thanks for calling me pal, mate.

Bring that along with you. We all know it won't come from science don't we?

No, you don't because you live in your cave. Science can't explain everything - nor will it ever as there's just too much. But it tries. It doesn't "give up" and take the easy answer of, "Well, it must be God, right?". It tries to understand the world and make sense of it. And, unlike faith in religion, it can CHANGE to adapt to new information. Science reflects our human nature -- to learn, evolve and adapt. Religion is the exact antithesis of the human spirit to discover and learn.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

God goes where science can not very correct. Science will never
begin to give us reasons for our existence. God does and it's so
cool that he used our hand to put it all in a book and spread it
every where. The message is readily available to all thru thousands
of years. And you don't appreciate that? You're miss'n out dude!
But there's still hope.

Science reflects our human nature -- to learn, evolve and adapt. Religion is the exact antithesis of the human spirit to discover and learn.

The sad thing about this is you don't have any clue how stupid it is.

And superman has co creators Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel
So get over yourself.

If science can't explain it nothing else can, do you know how pathetic that is?
edit on Rpm110515v08201500000056 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

What are the implications exactly?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

First of all if there is some evil cabal misguiding humanity according
to any platbook? You just validated the Bible as the first book that
speaks of these people all thru from beginning to end. It refers to them
as the wicked. Now think and consider their main objective? Come on
you can do it? What is the main objective of the NWO? To have every
man woman and child and whatever go between this day and age has
produced what?

CHIPPED.

Do you really think calling attention to the obvious is a good plan?
Pull your head out?

Quit trying to out think God when you see his truth clearly.
You look for some other reason. You must have a screwed up lifestyle?
Give it to God believe me you won't surprise him. He's seen it all.
edit on Rpm110515v21201500000029 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

First of all if there is some evil cabal misguiding humanity according
to any platbook? You just validated the Bible as the first book that
speaks of these people all thru from beginning to end.

So what about all the people alive before the bible was written? What about the Romans and their Gods? Or the Egyptians and their gods? Or the Sumerians? Babylonians? Were they all wrong believing in what they believed?

Why is the bible *the* book as opposed to their ancient texts? What makes yours right and theirs wrong?

Quit trying to out think God when you see his truth clearly.
You look for some other reason. You must have a screwed up lifestyle?
Give it to God believe me you won't surprise him. He's seen it all.

I hate to say it but reading that, it sounds just like the fanatical ramblings people from ISIS or or Islamic extremists spout when any challenge or criticism is put to their beliefs.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
originally posted by: TzarChasm

Jesus is supposed to succeed where hitler failed. A global xenocide of the "unworthy". So hitler was hunted down like an animal but all hail Jehovah's reich?

Um no there is no Christian military and can never be and be Christian, Christians will be hunted down as well as anyone who refuses to bow down and worship the beast (global authority) or take his mark written in Revelations as it states NOT to, which has been gaining momentum over the years, soon there will be a global government and global mark.

The world bank recently are in the process of gathering and applying a biometric ID to 1.8 billion people they know do not have any type of identification, the company that's employed with the bio ID is called Accenture.

There is a very dark force behind world governments pushing us and manipulating world events as many here on ATS is aware of and some world leaders have spoken of (Woodrow Wilson, one of many) , its why many nowadays POTUS and other worldly leaders can be seen as mere puppets, to bring about their goal, so that all will be under one authority and a united world under the one system, which will be headed by the antichrist , seen as the Jewish`s messiah and won`t be surprised if its also the awaited Muslim Mahdi who will also reign for 7 years in their Quran . The antichrist will reign 7 years and take his place declaring himself God, all will be peachy for half that time and will seemingly have all the answers to all the worlds problems, then hell on earth for the other half, until Christs return and wipes out all that don`t belong to or know Him as the Son of God.

So no, we are not supposed to submit to all authority.

Ephesians 6
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
www.biblegateway.com...

What do you think Christians have been warning about, which is creeping ever closer by the day? over many years the PTB try the waters so to speak and try and introduce the next phase towards all this, TPTB see how much resistance there is, heck Christians have been vocal on this since the advent of the barcode, usually its Christians who have been vocal in stopping next phases or bringing in cashless societies, but Christianity and Christians are being silenced and it will be weakened enough and will usher in the destruction.

As far as the OP is concerned yes observe and follow the laws of the land, in Peter its talking about the place where they lived and good practice to any other land they might be in, work hard and well, even if you have a bad boss follow the laws of the land etc, but its not saying go against or do the opposite or go against Gods Will if instructed. For instance Islam wasn`t around then and just being Christian could get you killed when it arrived 6-7 hundred years later, so its not saying if under an Islamic authority and law you must convert to Islam for examples sake.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There have been a few threads on here discussing the origin of this god. In particular that he was originally a Canaanite war god. You might find them interesting.

This makes sense in many ways. Especially when you consider the war loving moron described in the bible. We also know the biblical story of the Jews is myth (no Egyptian captivity, exodus etc) and it seems they were simply a group of Canaanites that developed their own distinct culture.

The moment any leader ever uses religion or belief in gods" as a pretext for hostilities, to gain support, or to condone such surely they should be ousted pending evaluation of their sanity. There only seems two choices there, they are either quite insane, or lying to manipulate the faithful.

edit on 6-11-2015 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

That's a good point.

I will admit that I do not think every war is started or propagated by religion, but by and large, the rhetoric of two of the more famous religious books (bible and koran) do very much push a war agenda against non-believers or what the say to be heretics. Be it a command or action by God for genocide, or a holy jihad against unbelievers.

Going back to the title of the OP, I'd have to agree the bible certainly does not lend itself to a pacifist read.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I hate to say it

tse tse tse silly man with more fibs.

So what about all the people alive before the bible was written? What about the Romans and their Gods? Or the Egyptians and their gods? Or the Sumerians? Babylonians? Were they all wrong believing in what they believed?

What about em?
If you want to believe in the roman gods go ahead?
Hell anything thing is better than atheism.

edit on Ram110615v21201500000017 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

What about em?

I don't believe in them nor want to.

I asked you a question - were all those people who believed in Roman gods, Greek gods, Norse gods, Sumerian, Babylonian gods all wrong? Were their beliefs incorrect? What is your opinion on that?

edit on 6-11-2015 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I hate to say it

tse tse tse silly man with more fibs.

What about em?

What a wonderfully compassionate and nonjudgmental thing to say.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

At your service.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

So will not answer the question I asked earlier :

I asked you a question - were all those people who believed in Roman gods, Greek gods, Norse gods, Sumerian, Babylonian gods all wrong? Were their beliefs incorrect? What is your opinion on that?

I'd like to know your thoughts on this.

edit on 8-11-2015 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

So will not answer the question I asked earlier :

I'd like to know your thoughts on this.

I'll take a crack at it.

No one can know, not until we die.

Basically, a person who is sincere in their faith either is sincere based on pure personal belief or on spiritual experience. I have faith based on several personal experiences over the years. I know what those were like; I know what the spiritual experiences of my faith feel like. Since there is no way to really get inside the minds and hearts of people of other faiths, I cannot say what their spiritual experiences may or may not have been like. Were/Are they same as mine? No way to know. Not without reading minds and experiencing directly.

So until we die and find out what lies beyond ... which, yes, could be nothing ... then there is no way to know. It might be their god. It might be mine, and it might be that the minority of atheists are right too. But if the athiests are right ... then who cares? No harm, no foul. If the faithful are right, then well, better to have some kind of faith.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
So I am willing to bet if the bible said people needed to kill thier own offspring people would be doing it out of mass stupidity!

Like god somehow wrote a book seriously do you know how silly that sounds?

First why would god need to write a book to communicate with mankind?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I liked your reply and to be honest, I think the same. Of course, if there is something after this world. I do hope there is but again, there isnt much convincing me of it.

But I wanted randyvs' opinion on this. Mainly because of his militant Christian belief that the Christian God is the one and only and the world effectively started when the bible said so.

So what about the many religions well before Christianity? Are they all wrong? Why is the Bible and Christ "right" ?

My point is -- his view is not correct. Christ, Wotan, Allah, Buddha, etc -- they all are made up human constructs and not real. So I wanted to know what and why he felt the Bible was real as opposed to what the Egyptians believed.

What governs the validity of a religion?
- If it's age then Christianity is far too "recent", just like Islam and Scientology. Egyptian and Sumerian beliefs well predate Christianity.
- If it's actions or morality, then the bible is truly, truly horrible. Why follow that? Scientology is like a peaceful back rub in comparison!
- If it's number of followers then Christianity is not the top; Islam beats it hands down.

So what is it? Well, it's personal choice. So how can that be a measure of validity? How can someone preach the Bible as "The Word" and shut their eyes to everything else?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

But I wanted randyvs' opinion on this. Mainly because of his militant Christian belief that the Christian God is the one and only and the world effectively started when the bible said so.

No, you think you can accomplish something with this redundance.

Very well, good luck!

Man I've gone over this many times on ATS. Despite the fact you and
I believe in two different concepts of existence? I hope you would at
least agree that ultimately at the end of this life. One truth awaits us
all. Without any consideration to what that truth will be, every human
being who passes from this existence, will have the same experience.
Even if it's no experience at all, the same thing happens to everyone.

In other words I'm not going to die and go to be with God and the
Angels and Jesus in Heaven. While you are just dead in your black
atheist abyss. Belief doesn't equal truth and neither does disbelief.
So isn't it pretty obvious I've made my choice for what I believe that
truth will be? After weighing all the options carefully, which I have?
Believe me no one does my thinking for me.

You can just call me Randy if you like?

My point is -- his view is not correct.

You don't have the capacity to make that call. And when you try you
look foolish.

Christ, Wotan, Allah, Buddha, etc -- they all are made up human constructs and not real. So I wanted to know what and why he felt the Bible was real as opposed to what the Egyptians believed.

Because the Bible steps right up and states how idiotic it was
that the Egyptians worship idols of stone. The Bible tells us of
how stupid the romans were to believe the fallen angels were
all gods when they were just a bunch of wanna bes and
impersonators. And I agree.

I'm not going to let you tell me I'm wrong today when you
haven't even tried to find the truth. Because if you had you
couldn't possibly be an atheist.
edit on Ram110815v10201500000017 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yes, well, I believe like Randy. The Christian God is God. Just because I won't presume to tell others that their religious experiences are false because I can't experience what they are doesn't mean I don't believe God is God.

I found Him as a Christian and found Him the Christian way.

We all have to walk our own paths in life and we all make our own choices.

edit on 8-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, well, I believe like Randy. The Christian God is God. Just because I won't presume to tell others that their religious experiences are false because I can't experience what they are doesn't mean I don't believe God is God.

I found Him as a Christian and found Him the Christian way.

We all have to walk our own paths in life and we all make our own choices.

even if the "christian way" ultimately means global xenocide.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Because the Bible steps right up and states how idiotic it was
that the Egyptians worship idols of stone. The Bible tells us of
how stupid the romans were to believe the fallen angels were
all gods when they were just a bunch of wanna bes and
impersonators. And I agree.

Where does it say in the bible the Egyptians, Sumerians, Babylonians, etc, were/are wrong?

Why does your book, written well after a long, well established religion like the sun god Ra for some 3000+ years, supersede the Egyptian system? How does that work? What is there in your Christian religion that is above the Egyptian belief system?

I mean, they had their religion long before Jesus came along and for a much longer period in total.

Again - what is it in Christianity that says it is better or the true religion? Is it because yours came about when people were smarter? If that's the case, Islam came after Christianity and it even says it is the one true religion and the "final" religion.

Your arguments (well, you aren't providing any arguments, you're just stating the exact opposite of my points without any explanation) arent saying anything. I'm trying to understand what you're saying, but I only see you essentially repeating, "Just because...just because.. just because".

I'm not going to let you tell me I'm wrong today when you
haven't even tried to find the truth. Because if you had you
couldn't possibly be an atheist.

I told you, I have actually done that. I have read the bible once all the way through and then go back through various sections repeatedly to re-read the stories. Same with the Koran. Both of which couldn't hold a candle to Taoism -- which is more of a philosophy than a belief system. In both books, I didn't find anything spiritual -- good stories, but that was it, just stories.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join