It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All member posts are linking back to the thread OP??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

RE: "View Posts" hyperlink

Just wanted to let you know that I've tested this with Heffs latest thread, as well as a random selection of my posts as well as about 6 other members' posts. Irrespective of where their post is, within the body of a thread, when you go to their "view posts" and hit any of the hyperlinks - that link does not go to that members actual post but instead goes to the front page of the thread - and in particular the OP.

Obviously, this defeats the purpose of the "view posts" facility...because you cannot view that members posts.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

nope... it must be me.

edit on 2-11-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

had serious issues with editing my post. kept taking me to the opening post on page 1
edit on 2-11-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's a conspiracy, I tell thee!!

No problems here.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hahaha beat me to it Sublime, matey.

Yes I'm having that problem too.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hmmm...so some are and some aren't...

Is there anything we have in common?

Using chrome? IPHONE?

Those of us having the issue.
I noticed it around 3:20pm or so but, I complained about something a day or two ago and didn't want to be a complainer...LOL

I am on my laptop currently on chrome.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Yes I'm having that problem too.

Me 3.
For the last 15 mins.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Im using firefox.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Same here if I go to my profile and hit on the posts, straight off to the OP I go.
Think we broke ATS with all that lazy re-linking to older postings.

edit said:

Don't mind. I was either too clumsy or whatever. Everything works fine here.
Can see my posts and all that.

edit on 2-11-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

iPhone using Safari.

link   
chrome

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, it was just an idea...
Didn't work LOL!

Guess that's why I'm not IT...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Oh I see what you mean. Same thing happens to me. I noticed that when you hover over any of those links it shows the links to their actual posts. I copied those links and tried to paste and go it even does the same thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Ummm...yup...samesies...I noticed it earlier and thought WTF...good thing my post was the first after the OP...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Well, it was just an idea...
Didn't work LOL!

Guess that's why I'm not IT...

Don't feel bad. IT's ideas aren't always the greatest, either.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
No problems for me. But I've been logged in for a while. Let me log out and try again.

ETA: Still working.
edit on 11/2/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Just logged in and out and it started working.

Either that's the problem or it was fixed.

Thanks, Lucidity.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Um mmm. All sorts of odd stuff. Flagging down, no stars at times can be applied, and most troubling: threads being buried by way of the recent posts column not showing the new additions. I have had to search at length for threads which were in fact recently active but not showing on the 'recent' list.

It's to the point that I don't want to click on a news link. They all insist to know everything they can get during their little visit. They hand you crap, lock up your browsers, and require re-starts..

Thanks for bringing up Heff's thread. This will explain the words I am using today. I saw that thread. I had not the heart to tarry there, because it. Is. Happening. They are bringing the war to us. Yes, into your head will creep, should I park here, or are the watchers, these preternatural peeping masturbators, watching my hands like I'm in line at Customs, and do I appear nervous, about fear of being groped? Scratch that. I mean killed because that is what oft happens, should they not like the look in your eye.

And I saw what the BBC just did to a family, based on hearsay, serving the assimilation agenda. Surprised, TB? They always come after their fanboys first. Probably that guy who sniped at you in one of your early chronicles of strife is the same. He said you act like a thug or bully, and that's what you get. Remember? Not that it's true. Some of them would lick your doorknob if they thought it would kill you, should you not agree, on every-thing! And by everything, I mean return policy as well! Well, they didn't leave you stranded did they? I mean, you know how to get past locks…specimen. Did the court take the dirk away? They took my Swiss Army Knife when I was tried on bogus charges while being rousted by plain clothes. The lawyer wanted it as a souvenir. Maybe the judge did. My pen knife was made to became, literally, part of the fee.

Moving right along.

They are monitoring our present, all of it.
Of course they have access to our past.
That's why we support them.
Who?

Not to spoil the ending, but eventually we will cease to use the internet, because it has become a weapon of records.

Or we will speak with authority, as a last warning, to those who seek power.

eta: your thread is working properly as far as the return bringing up the rear of the thread rather than to the OP. I have seen one important thread being buried, over the span of 24 hours, by acting as described in the OP. No flags were being applied on affected thread.

Update: Initially this thread acted normally. Now it is returning to the OP, after 2 blank pages and two refreshes. I was able to flag.
Update: 6:47 CST now the thread is inaccessible except through perusing a fresh 'recent' colum.
As soon as I edit this, the thread goes blank, repeatedly, all back track (arrow back) measures show a blank…

Update: A few minutes later. Now it seems fine.
# 539
edit on 2-11-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Fixed it for me too!

Such a simple fix...

Maybe that is a built in thing to tell us when we've been on too long?

Nah!...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This should be fixed now.

I implemented some new code in response to some coming changes in the Google indexing, and there were a couple of unintended consequences.

All should be fine now.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thanks Bill and yes confirmed (as others have too) that it is now fixed.

Cheers

top topics

join