It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer and Teen Compete in Epic Dance-Off

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The song “Watch me (Whip/Nae Nae)" saved the day.

A police officer in Washington, D.C., approached two groups of teens in the middle of a confrontation on K Street SW, and asked the teens to leave. Aaliyah Taylor, one of the teens, responded by challenging the cop to a dance-off.

The officer proposed a deal: if Taylor won the dance-off, the teenagers would get to stay on the street. If the she won, the teens would have to go.
“No one was worried about the argument anymore,” Taylor said. “The neighborhood was getting crowded…the attention was on us. Everyone was just looking at us.”
What happThe song “Watch me (Whip/Nae Nae)" saved the day.

What happened next was an impressive show of moves.ened next was an impressive show of moves.
abcnews.go.com...

Pls klik link for vid,
We often show cops as brutal over aggressive, power tripping and downright incompetent not to mention racist at times, well you know the headlines, now I am not saying much of the above criticism is not rightfully deserved but once in awhile something will surface as showing them as human and yes I am also awhere that if it bleeds it leads,but I really want more stories like this, not that every cop have to do a dance off to deflate a potential tense situation but there you have it a cop not thinking to pull a gun slamming someone on the ground or pepper spraying anyone , hats off to her example of good community policing.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

That dance/off was really cool. It's nice to see a video of a cop doing something nice and being a part of the community. She set a great example of how to handle a situation without harsh words and actions.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
That must be the dance she does after she shoots somebody

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

That dance/off was really cool. It's nice to see a video of a cop doing something nice and being a part of the community. She set a great example of how to handle a situation without harsh words and actions.

Yes and the impression she left behind is..she is not the enemy to kids this goes along way .

Taylor, who had not seen the officer before Monday and doesn't know her name, said she still can't believe she danced with the police.

"There are good cops and bad cops, and I don't think all cops are bad, but I never thought I'd dance with a cop," she said. "I didn’t even know cops could be that fun."

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Normally it takes longer for the first jackass comment to appear in a thread like this. You may have set a new record.

Good post OP

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'm glad you started this thread. I saw this yesterday and I found it quite heartwarming. It's really nice to see something positive about police contact with ordinary citizens.

I was thinking about creating a thread about this myself.

Here are a few more links:
Washington Post
Yahoo

Here's the video on YouTube:

-dex

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

2nd line

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Normally it takes longer for the first jackass comment to appear in a thread like this. You may have set a new record.

Good post OP

I disagree. The obligatory "dick post", according to official guidelines, is recommended to be made within the first three posts for maximum Cool Points to be awarded.

I wish more disputes were settled via dance-off. Everyone would be compelled to work harder on their moves. Hard to tell who won here.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
That young girl must have been thinking "dang that white girl can dance"........
...Thx for sharing OP

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
She should be fired, just like anyone else that decides to have a dance off on the job.

Fire her!

Our tax money is paying for that BS?

You wanna have a dance off do it off the clock not while in uniform and getting paid. Thats not what she is paid to do!

Have a dance off in your own free time!
edit on 31-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I dont know if termination is the appropriate course of action here. However, she did put herself in a situation where she was not necessarily aware of every variable around here by goofing off this way. I can go what if all day with someone reaching for her sidearm, but everything ended peacefully with no arrests, so what if's be damned!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
She should be fired, just like anyone else that decides to have a dance off on the job.

Fire her!

Our tax money is paying for that BS?

You wanna have a dance off do it off the clock not while in uniform and getting paid. Thats not what she is paid to do!

Have a dance off in your own free time!

Ouch! U harsh.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Its a becoming more common for cops to dance on the job and goof off on the job they all need to be fired. I imagine if any supervisor saw an employee dancing while on the job instead of doing the job they were hired to do there would be some kind of repercussions, unless they are some kind of a paid dancer or something?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

first video was absolutely inappropriate and I agree there should be some disciplinary action, although I do think termination is still a step too far. Many cops wont be terminated for cold blooded murder, so I think giving them the pink slip for dancing is a bit over zealous.

The second video seemed clearly orchestrated on his part, but is my favorite. That dude is shuffling party rock style man. He must be jamming LMFAO on his music device.

That third one was pretty cool and amusing too though. Did wonders with that whistle lol. I dunno if punishing the 2nd and 3rd is necessary. Perhaps we can attribute it to a public service? Increasing public morale?? But that British cop man I would totally jump in and challenge him to a dance off. He clearly enjoys the groooooove man.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

first video was absolutely inappropriate and I agree there should be some disciplinary action, although I do think termination is still a step too far. Many cops wont be terminated for cold blooded murder, so I think giving them the pink slip for dancing is a bit over zealous.

The second video seemed clearly orchestrated on his part, but is my favorite. That dude is shuffling party rock style man. He must be jamming LMFAO on his music device.

That third one was pretty cool and amusing too though. Did wonders with that whistle lol. I dunno if punishing the 2nd and 3rd is necessary. Perhaps we can attribute it to a public service? Increasing public morale?? But that British cop man I would totally jump in and challenge him to a dance off. He clearly enjoys the groooooove man.

Tip of the iceberg here there are 100s of cop dancing videos online its pretty pathetic in my opinion, and no if i am paying someone to do a job I do not want them dancing instead of doing the service I am paying for. I wonder why no one asks them WTF do you think your doing?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

well for starters, they probably are in fear of being shot. Other reason may be the public is just so used to seeing the hardcore gangsta thug side of the American police, that they are just in complete shock and happy that people are not being body slammed face first into pavement.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Oh the irony of when cops arrest people for dancing but then dont expect anything to happen to them when they decide to dance!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

But the lady cop in question did her dance to diffuse tension, remember there was a near altercation between the teens so I say good on her in keeping the peace in this manner , she could have squared off in an in your face aggressive style where things could have gone south from there.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Exactly !

The police officer used psychology to cool down a heated situation.

Brains before brawn.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I have no idea why you are tripping so hard on dancing, you are acting like grinch of dancing or something lmao!

You act like cops are running around haveing freaking dance offs in the street while Rome burns, it's actually really funny,and everytime I read your posts getting upset about dancing, I laugh.man I wish these cops would dance more instead of shooting unarmed surrendering people. : /
edit on 31-10-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join