It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Obama repeatedly says no boots on the ground until...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
he randomly decides that boots will be put on the ground? What is this trickery? More lies. This is it. I'm done with this country. I know it doesn't matter to anyone, but I will not participate in this governments activities any longer. I am disgusted. I'll grow my own food and figure out a way to create my own world. It will take time and they will get their share, but one day I shall be free.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So Americans where mad when troops where in irak, he takes them out, people get mad.

Americans didint want boots in syria so he didint send any, americans start calling him weak, then he sends in the troops.

Dont change people, its comedy hour at its best.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Your frustration is shared by millions of other Americans, and the rest of the world looks at our government in disdain.

But "checking out" won't help solve anything. Grassroots movements, peaceful protesting, ORGANIZED political activities and sharing your passion with others is the only way things can improve.

Feeling helpless and resentful is only a natural reaction to the circumstances we face, but if you want to be a part of the change you must commit to it and not shy away just because it's an extremely daunting mission.

Even if the Chevy breaks down, you've got shoes on your feet and your heart is still beating - press on my friend

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Things that have been said ,and things being said are nothing compared to things not being said ... MUST-SEE Crazed US Senator Attacks Defense Secretary for not Planning War With Russia!

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I liked the part where he closed Gitmo his first 100 days in office....oh wait....never mind...

-Christosterone
edit on 30-10-2015 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

(post by jjkenobi removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969
I think you hit the nail right on the head. People seem to be looking for a reason to be outraged anymore, Obama is damned if he does damned if he doesn't it's even better when I hear the same people spewing hate on both sides acting like they have supported x action all along.

It's so sad it's comical and to think I am stuck here living with these people. I hear people spouting off about the United states not being the world's police force and then get offended and but hurt when we don't send our men and women to the war torn parts of the world...hhuh are you ok? I think your meds might be off.

If I didn't know or well hope better I think people just don't like the man because he is black, these are the same people that get outraged when he makes a comment about a hot topic issue inside the United states and so when the next one springs up he stays quite and he gets lambasted for it too.

He just can't catch a break if it's not people wanting his birth records, it's people telling him no matter what he does its wrong and bankrupting our country.

Here is my thought for President Obama look at the Intel we have talk to your advisors and make.what you think is the best choice for this nation. F+++ the people thst do t agree with you, your term is drawing to a close and regardless of what you may or may not have done for this nation your two terms will be looked at as failed for the forsee able future do what you think is right and move on.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So Americans where mad when troops where in irak, he takes them out, people get mad.

Americans didint want boots in syria so he didint send any, americans start calling him weak, then he sends in the troops.

Right! It's like whatever he does he will be in the wrong. As a marine corps vet I'm against all military action in the middle east. It will not and have not made a difference.
edit on 30-10-2015 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

No people are not just looking to be mad.

He made a promise and never had a plan to keep it.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
I think you hit the nail right on the head. People seem to be looking for a reason to be outraged anymore, Obama is damned if he does damned if he doesn't it's even better when I hear the same people spewing hate on both sides acting like they have supported x action all along.

It's so sad it's comical and to think I am stuck here living with these people. I hear people spouting off about the United states not being the world's police force and then get offended and but hurt when we don't send our men and women to the war torn parts of the world...hhuh are you ok? I think your meds might be off.

If I didn't know or well hope better I think people just don't like the man because he is black, these are the same people that get outraged when he makes a comment about a hot topic issue inside the United states and so when the next one springs up he stays quite and he gets lambasted for it too.

He just can't catch a break if it's not people wanting his birth records, it's people telling him no matter what he does its wrong and bankrupting our country.

Here is my thought for President Obama look at the Intel we have talk to your advisors and make.what you think is the best choice for this nation. F+++ the people thst do t agree with you, your term is drawing to a close and regardless of what you may or may not have done for this nation your two terms will be looked at as failed for the forsee able future do what you think is right and move on.

Great advice!!!!

That is why it is such a tough job, I wouldn't want it.

But at the end of the day, it is his call to make. Like it or not, I assume he is making the best choice in his view with the information he has.

Hell I don't even like the guy, but he does catch a lot of heat every time he does anything.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Right! It's like whatever he does he will be in the wrong. As a marine corps vet I'm against all military action in the middle east. It will not and have not made a difference.

Amen to that, I say bring all our battle buddies home, and let them turn into Africa 2.0.

Because that seems to be the desire of the region's inhabitants.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Obama is a warmongering a-hole, just like Bush. This just proves once again that the political system is broken. War should be a last resort option used only when our country is directly threatened. Can you imagine if American Citizens all started to settle their disagreements in the same way as our Government?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

First thank you for your service in the military it takes a special type of person to do that.

It is amazing that almost all vets I know feel the same way about war in the middle east. I.e let them fight it out themselves our interference only seems to bring more heat and danger back upon us.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Peaceful protests only work if the people at the top are watching and listening.

After the whole "Occupy" movement fell apart, no one is gonna pay attention to anything like that. Most peaceful protests don't really even make the news.

Unless there is an agenda behind the news, like Fergusen, MO.

If you look throughout history, the peasents never accomplished anything by just complaining.

Was the French Revolution peaceful?

Was Rome peacefully changed?

How about China?

Has there ever been a peaceful regime change? (I don't count America's voting as regime change, as both major parties are just different sides of the same coin. Much like a pick your path to hell, but to hell your going regardless of your choices.. So which path will you take? Slow madness, or breakneck insanity speed?)

IMO, peaceful resistance, protests only work if the people your trying to change have a conscious and are willing to listen.

Does our government have a conscious? No.. doesn't appear so.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

There is a old phrase oh how did it go again, "promises are meant to be broken"
I cannot recall one politician that has ever kept all of his or her promises things change, new info comes to light and you have to adjust with it or see everything end in flames.

Until we as citizens are afforded all the Intel and info we cannot make an informed decision about operations over seas.

The results would be akin to putting on a blind fold and spinning around ten times then running into the nearest shop you might get lucky and find a batting cage but more often than not your going to find a China shop.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Anytime people with jobs protest it gets things done.

Not many pay attention to jobless people in the streets.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It's not the troops, per say...

It's the saying one thing and doing another. But, yes, some people are going to get mad irregardless of what he does. That's the life in politics.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
on the plus side in the upcoming election, im sure the American people will vote for the right president and the next 4 years after that will be brilliant. and rant threads will stay in the rant forums.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Wow. All I can say is WOW.

Do facts not matter to people anymore? Where is he pulling the hundreds of thousands killed by assad? Is it the same intelligence that claimed Iraq had wmd?

That man is a half wit, yall. How can he have any influence over the direction of the United States policy.

This for me is all a pr stunt. Throw in the beast of Baghdad.
We are on path for a world war and I'm sure the majority of us know it.

I'm hoping "yall" who watched it are going to wake up before millions are slaughtered for power and control.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I believe Obama will be just as glad as anyone when his tenure is over. Surprised he wasn't bumped off by his masters before now TBH.
The White House is a Nut house.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join