It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican National Committee Cancels Planned Feb. 26 Debate With NBC News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Maybe the RNC can negotiate an agreement with the networks where, prior to all future debates, each of the Republucan candidates can submit a list of questions they'd be willing to answer.

I too watched the debates and I thought it was a complete circus which was a perfect fit for the group of clowns currently running under the RNC banner.

Anyone who can't handle a "gotcha" question certainly isn't ready to become POTUS.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

... and/or Rush Limbaugh.

I'd like Limbaugh/Levin (take your pick, although Levin has judicial experience, so he'd nail them to the wall), Neil Cavuto, and Kirsten Powers.

Gotta throw them a bone with someone who isn't left enough for them.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

[I]n 30 seconds, without telling us that you try too hard or that you’re a perfectionist…
(LAUGHTER)
…what is your biggest weakness and what are you doing to address it?

Mr. Trump, you’ve done very well in this campaign so far by promising to build a wall and make another country pay for it. Send 11 million people out of the country. Cut taxes $10 trillion without increasing the deficit. And make Americans better off because your greatness would replace the stupidity and incompetence of others.
Let’s be honest.
(LAUGHTER)
Is this a comic book version of a presidential campaign?

Governor Kasich…you had some very strong words to say yesterday about what’s happening in your party and what you’re hearing from the two gentlemen we’ve just heard from. Would you repeat it?

Well, let’s just get more pointed about it. You said yesterday that you were hearing proposals that were just crazy from your colleagues. Who were you talking about?

This one is for Senator Rubio. You’ve been a young man in a hurry ever since you won your first election in your 20s. You’ve had a big accomplishment in the Senate, an immigration bill providing a path to citizenship the conservatives in your party hate, and even you don’t support anymore. Now, you’re skipping more votes than any senator to run for president. Why not slow down, get a few more things done first or least finish what you start?

[W]e’re moving to Governor Bush. Governor, the fact that you’re at the fifth lectern tonight shows how far your stock has fallen in this race, despite the big investment your donors have made. …
Ben Bernanke, who was appointed Fed chairman by your brother, recently wrote a book in which he said he no longer considers himself a Republican because the Republican Party has given in to know- nothingism. Is that why you’re having a difficult time in this race?

Senator Cruz. Congressional Republicans, Democrats and the White House are about to strike a compromise that would raise the debt limit, prevent a government shutdown and calm financial markets that fear of — another Washington-created crisis is on the way.
Does your opposition to it show that you’re not the kind of problem-solver American voters want?

Governor Christie…Governor Huckabee, who is here on the stage, has said that you and others who think this way are trying to rob seniors of the benefits that they’ve earned. It raises the question: When it is acceptable to break a social compact?

Senator Rubio, you yourself have said that you’ve had issues. You have a lack of bookkeeping skills. You accidentally inter-mingled campaign money with your personal money. You faced foreclosure on a second home that you bought. And just last year, you liquidated a $68,000 retirement fund. That’s something that cost you thousands of dollars in taxes and penalties.
In terms of all of that, it raises the question whether you have the maturity and wisdom to lead this $17 trillion economy. What do you say?

Dr. Carson, we know you as a physician, but we wanted to ask you about your involvement on some corporate boards, including Costco’s. Last year, a marketing study called the warehouse retailer the number one gay-friendly brand in America, partly because of its domestic partner benefits.
Why would you serve on a company whose policies seem to run counter to your views on homosexuality?

Governor Huckabee…The leading Republican candidate, when you look at the average of national polls right now, is Donald Trump. When you look at him, do you see someone with the moral authority to unite the country?

So the debate was supposed to be about the economy. I don't see a whole lot of economy in these questions. Do you?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Uhm... from your quote:

Mr. Trump, you’ve done very well in this campaign so far by promising to build a wall and make another country pay for it. Send 11 million people out of the country. Cut taxes $10 trillion without increasing the deficit. And make Americans better off because your greatness would replace the stupidity and incompetence of others. Let’s be honest. (LAUGHTER) Is this a comic book version of a presidential campaign?

Taxes and the deficit don't have anything to do with the economy?

Senator Cruz. Congressional Republicans, Democrats and the White House are about to strike a compromise that would raise the debt limit, prevent a government shutdown and calm financial markets that fear of — another Washington-created crisis is on the way. Does your opposition to it show that you’re not the kind of problem-solver American voters want?

Debt ceiling and government shutdown have nothing to do with the economy?

Governor Christie…Governor Huckabee, who is here on the stage, has said that you and others who think this way are trying to rob seniors of the benefits that they’ve earned. It raises the question: When it is acceptable to break a social compact?

Items in the budget?

Senator Rubio, you yourself have said that you’ve had issues. You have a lack of bookkeeping skills. You accidentally inter-mingled campaign money with your personal money. You faced foreclosure on a second home that you bought. And just last year, you liquidated a $68,000 retirement fund. That’s something that cost you thousands of dollars in taxes and penalties. In terms of all of that, it raises the question whether you have the maturity and wisdom to lead this $17 trillion economy. What do you say?

Even has the word economy in it...

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
They don't like how the game is played so they grab the ball and go home. It doesn't even cross their mind that perhaps some of their campaigns are worthy of "comic book" status. Damn near all of their campaigns are a joke. We know it, the media knows it, but somehow it escapes their grasp?

Also, the republican are no stranger to throwing people under the bus in debates. Have we forgotten what Fox News did to Ron Paul in the 2012 debates?

These oversensitive babies need to man-up and let their ideas do the talking, just like Ron Paul did, and not cry about it after the debates.

In an ideal world, maybe.

It seems but all forgotten what happened to Dr. Paul, or how a Republican was scrubbed of all equality - yet (most) Republicans did not know who Ron Paul was, and deemed those as supporters as being dishonest in intent on discussing Ron Paul having unfair debate coverage and the media being used against him.

When it happened to Bernie Sanders, the same crowd - again, called it dishonest as the media would certainly not carry a bias.

But now, they have finally seen the game, and they want to go home and cry about it - just like the imaginary people they so often vilify as being whiny and entitled.

I think this is pretty funny, honestly, conservatives now know what it's like to have an agenda used to sway public opinion.

It's not that cool, is it?

Just stop acting like a baby, this is nothing new in politics. You just don't like that it's finally happened to you.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Is this a comic book version of a presidential campaign?

Does your opposition to it show that you’re not the kind of problem-solver American voters want?

When it is acceptable to break a social compact?

In terms of all of that, it raises the question whether you have the maturity and wisdom to lead this $17 trillion economy. What do you say?

The actual questions attached to those paragraphs have nothing to do with the economy or how the candidates would handle it. The first is an insult to the candidate. The accuses the candidate of being in opposition to what the people want rather than asking how he would handle it. The third asks the candidate about his personal finances by way of accusing him of lacking competency to handle the budget rather than asking him how he would handle it.

Imagine asking Hillary if she thought she was the one to handle a nation $17T in debt after announcing how she was broke after her last campaign.

Those are not economic questions. Those are Internet insults pretending to be questions.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Give me a break, was just like any other debate.

On top of that, since when did it matter what question you ask a candidate at a debate?

I've seen numerous candidates tell the moderator straight up that they can ask whatever they want but it's their, (the candidate's) time and they'll answer however they want to.

All I can tell them is, if they don't want to be questioned on the stupid crap they keep doing & saying, quit doing and saying the stupid crap to begin with.

Everyone gets called out on their perceived weaknesses and if they can't take the heat, they should get out of the kitchen. I mean the race.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hillary shrug off an 11 hour grilling by rabid Republicans hellbent on ruining her campaign..imagine if a clown like Trump or Mike Huckabee had to go through that? They would have a full blown meltdown on national TV

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
One thing I DID really appreciate though, was when most came out and said the government has been lying to us for decades. That took some balls. However, they didn't tell us anything we didn't already know, such as there is no money in social security - we've known that for a long time - but I admit I enjoyed hearing them say it.

That female (ya'll I'm sorry firioni, Carley? something? anyway, she is one heartless old bird. If you want the poor to starve, and the elderly to die from no medical care, vote for her. ew. Huckabee did say "those people paid into ss all their lives and we made a promise to them and we are going to keep it". If I remember correctly, the Carly? women shook her head 'no'.

Mean old heifer.

just sayin. I won't vote for any of them of course. : )

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

What is wrong with asking those questions when in news stories these exact phrases have come up? The DNC questions also added in critiques that have been made about the candidates in relation to whatever the question was about. For example Hillary has been accused of pandering to liberals on gay marriage, she wasn't asked: "Do support gay marriage rights and immigration reform?". Her question was:

“Plenty of politicians evolve on issues, but even some Democrats believe you change your positions based on political expediency,” asked AC.

“You were against same-sex marriage. Now you’re for it. You defended President Obama’s immigration policies. Now you say they’re too harsh. You supported his trade deal dozen of times… Now, suddenly, last week, you’re against it. Will you say anything to get elected?”

link

Pretty harsh... as it should be.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Objectivity is a concept that clearly eludes many Democrats on ATS.

The gripe is not that they asked tough questions. I think most viewers wanted to see pointed questioning about the big issues.

Instead we were treated to two hours of 'gotcha' questions. 'Gotcha' meaning 'bullsnip.' Same kind of question Megyn Kelly started the Fox debate with.

What a wasted opportunity for the leftists at CNBC. They chose to put on a childish display instead of attempting to reveal weak points they may perceive in the candidates' platforms.
edit on 30-10-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
Objectivity is a concept that clearly eludes many Democrats on ATS.

The gripe is not that they asked tough questions. I think most viewers wanted to see pointed questioning about the big issues.

Instead we were treated to two hours of 'gotcha' questions. 'Gotcha' meaning 'bullsnip.' Same kind of question Megyn Kelly started the Fox debate with.

What a wasted opportunity for the leftists at CNBC. They chose to put on a childish display instead of attempting to reveal weak points they may perceive in the candidates' platforms.

But that's the stuff the voter base of the Right wants to hear about though. They're not interested in economics, foreign policy or socioeconomic policy...they want to hear what the candidates think about God, abortion and Guns

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Oh no, somebody accused the conservatives of something??? How dare they!!!

Let's look back at just some of the accusations made by the Republicans shall we???

Obama is a secret Muslim who's purpose is to destroy America/Christians/Economy/etc.

That he's really a homosexual and his wife is a Tranny. (That was a classy one!)

He's the antichrist. (Typical)

Planned Parenthood is actually an undercover Satanic Organization that uses abortion to practice Satanic Sacrifices. (Very clever.)

The Gay Mafia along with the Atheists are planning the destruction of Christianity.

Obama plans on instituting Sharia Law.

.....and that just scratches the surface. How could anyone disrespect such noble gentlemen such as them by asking such questions??? Oh my my my......

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I understand why some are defending CNBC and the moderators but when a journalist of Carl Bernstein's caliber and liberal leaning trashes them I think I'll take his word for it.

Even veteran liberal journalist Carl Bernstein slammed CNBC, trashing the cable channel’s handling of Wednesday’s debate as “reprehensible.” The Watergate-era author appeared on CNN and fumed, “More than anything… CNBC was really reprehensible.”

www.rageandwar.com...

When an investigative reporter that helped bring Watergate, a Republican scandal to light has such harsh words for them, I have to listen.
edit on 30-10-2015 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I had high hopes for a nuts and bolt economic debate from CNBC. I was shocked by the quality and tone of the questions. There we supposed to be opening and closing statements I thought. CNBC squandered a chance to have a meaningful debate and tured it into Jerry Springer.

I wish debates were structured around 2 or 3 topics only. I still don't know moSt candidates on both side detailed policies on hardly anything.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Hey, wait a minute... Wasn't his name Carl Bernstain?

Sorry, just had to do it.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

He also said "We got a real good look at the Republican party for the first time...."

Nobody is saying the CNBC did a fantastic job or anything either. What people are really laughing about is the "Whoa is me!!" pity party the Conservatives are having over it. The sure talk the talk but get sore feet when walking the walk.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
Hillary has a shoe into the Whitehouse I tell you what. Heck I'm even beginning to think Biden would have a better shot than any of these candidates.

Hillary is one of the Biggest Criminals I've seen in Years.
To that End So are the rest of the People Running for POTUS.
D.C. is full of these People.
We Don't need any more Criminals in D.C.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And most of the Dems arent?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join