It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Wife's Father Died This Summer, His Best Friend Saw him Drive By, Wave, And Smile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hello,

If you research my post history, you will see while I do have some "crazy" ideas, i never post anything like this before. This story was relayed to me, i did not experience the event:

My wife's father died recently, He has experienced health issues the last few years, and fought cancer, as well as infections. Over the summer he got an infection in his heart, and he died with his family and friends surrounding him. We were all there to watch him go.

So fast forward to about a week ago, my wife gets a call from a family friend (the son of my father in laws BFF) as well as my wife's brother. The BFF (Jane lets call her) is driving somewhere (this is a very very small town in the mountains in NY) and she thinks she sees my father in law, doing his two finger salute he does to people he knows in other cars (kinda like a peace sign i guess) and waves, and when she gets up on him, they make eye contact, and he smiles at her. She SWEARs it was him, in his car. It shook her so bad, she had to stop at her sons house (really close by) and tell the whole story.

That's all I got. She is even telling her son she must have been over tired or anything. I personally have "seen something" once when i was small, but it was a living person and it was after just waking up (or still being asleep) so i attribute it to being a sleepy mind trick, but i have never really heard anyone i know and really trust to tell me a story like this.

Gives me goosebumps typing it. Not sure what to get out of this, other then I thought people here would find it fascinating. A few of us feel like it was his way of letting her "the bff" let her know he's alright now.

edit on 30-10-2015 by Vaedur because: Some minor fixes

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

I've heard of many stories like this. I have had some pretty strange experiences myself, but a couple of stories involve phone calls after a death, and even messages on machines.

I think it's very possible that some sort of communication is possible after one dies.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I've heard of many stories like this. I have had some pretty strange experiences myself, but a couple of stories involve phone calls after a death, and even messages on machines.

I think it's very possible that some sort of communication is possible after one dies.

I know it happens. My grandmother has contacted me three different times in three different ways since she passed away when I was 12.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

A few of us feel like it was his way of letting her "the bff" let her know he's alright now.

Not uncommon.

Like a: theres a spirt world, and be seein' ya!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A few years ago I was on a job site very early morning after a two week stint where I had had three thirty plus hour days. My old first gen dewalt charger/radio with digital tuner changed it's channel out of the blue, A scratchy station comes in with an old 50's song on and the lyrics were just so poignant and succinct to my train of thought that I knew that things are as they are precisely because this is how it is meant to be. Ringing any bells?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It happens sometimes you see some one and you swear up and down it was a person you just lost, is it supernatural or mundane brain tricks I don't know.

My experience with this is two fold, first when my grandfather died when I was about 11 it was from an undiagnosed brain tumor that acted very quickly, I was young and didn't really process what was happening to him on a real level so I never got the closer that I really needed causing me to see him from time to time since then. Is it really him or is it me just wanting it to be so bad that my mind tricks itself?

The second one I see was of a friend of mine I used to work with, I was on a traveling PowerLine crew and we met on the job we quickly became good friends and in doing so I helped him to quit using drugs we trampled around together for a little over 3 months before I was transferred back home to work. Three days after arriving back home I got a phone call from one of our coworkers and was told that he hadn't shown up to work that day and he was found in his hotel room dead from an overdose of prescription pills. I have seen what I thought was him at least three times since then possibly the most creepy and poignant was when I was driving to work about a month after he passed and my radio started playing Brohymn by Penny wise (his favorite band) as I passed a guy sitting at a bus stop that just had to be him. The guy smiled and waved and when I turned to do a double take he was gone.

Life is weird who knows anymore.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm 99% convinced that we don't vanish after physical death... and I've put some time into the research... around 40 years, because I'm chicken of the big sleep... and am pretty sure I'm not alone.

The thousands of investigated reports coupled with some personal experiences with 'ghosts' and family member's stories helped shape my own opinion.

The thing that intrigues me even more than not dying, is that there seems to be some 'rules' in place about spilling the information regarding life after this one... that implies quite a lot about this life we are living, if true.

As for personal experiences, I've lived with ghosts at a few homes... and I tried to debunk it, but gave up and accepted it after a while. I'm not positive ghosts are dead people, but the phenomena happens.

My own father died a few times, for a few minutes, after a heart attack (before he died with more finality) and reported that he awoke to a reality far more 'real' than this one.. .that this life we are still in felt more dreamlike than 'over there.'

He didn't have religious ideas and was a solid materialist with an analytic mind, and it held some weight with me for those reasons. He was astounded and felt it important to tell me before he died 'for real'... which he reported was going to happen, and did, despite the docs saying he was out of danger.

He also reported experiencing a torus shaped mass of energy spewing out and sucking in energy, which became countless realities and was coherent and intelligent.. .or a non-denominational "God." That surprised me, too, as the man was anti-religious, to put it mildly.

Who knows for sure... until we know?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Just ask yourself what is more likely...

1. This person experienced a supernatural encounter that supersede's all known laws of nature.

or...

2. They were mistaken in seeing what they thought they saw.

I'd lean towards the latter. To err is human.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Happened to me,saw my husbands aunt driving her car, down the same road she lived on for 60 or so years, call my sister-in law, said I just saw aunt Dorthy, she said oh she died months ago.

wild,

My daughter was in the car with me, I said well there is aunt Dorthy, she still driving ,my daughter said, I don't see anything.

She had that cigarette hanging out of her mouth too, she smoked till the day she died.

Thank god someone else has had this experience.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
My mother told me several times she had an aunt she liked very much, she was bed ridden by the end and in pain for long. Then one night my mom wakes up and the aunt is by the side of the bed smiling, and my mom ask her how could she be standing and what's going on, and the aunt says its all ok now, go back to sleep.

When she wake up the next morning, she was told the aunt died overnight.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Thank you OP, this is a very interesting thread.

I had an experience that left me dumb founded.

I had a friend name Michael, he lived right behind my house.

We would spend hours talking all the time in my back yard between our fences. I have known Michael for 15 years.

Michael health was not very good and he was an alcoholic, I told him many times when he was ready to quit drinking, I could help him, however he never stopped.

Sometimes we would go a month or two without seeing each other and that was normal.

Then one day I was in the back yard working in my garden and looked up and I saw Michael walking down the street to his house.

I waved at him and he waved back to me smiling he was wearing his favorite shirt, however I noticed something very odd about him.

Michael looked absolutely perfect he looked better then I have ever seen him before.

That same evening I took my three dogs for a walk and I went down his street behind my house and I passed his house when another friend of mine came walking down the street towards me.

We said hi and talked briefly, then my friend said, it is a shame to what happened to Michael. I was stunned for a moment and then I asked my friend what happened to Michael?

She told me, Oh they found Michael dead about three weeks ago from alcoholic poisoning in his house.

I told her that was impossible, I just saw him walking down the street today!

She told me that cant be, he died three weeks ago and it was in the Newspapers.

I cant explain this, I know what I saw, it was as clear as I am sitting here writing this now. It was real.

All I can say is, I saw his ghost which was solid in it formation.

I can also say Michael looked very happy and healthy.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

1. This person experienced a supernatural encounter that supersede's all known laws of nature.

or...

I'd tend to agree.

Doesn't mean some things are not uncanny. My uncle died suddenly when I was young. He and his brother had not spoken in years, despite living relatively (no pun intended) close. yet out of the blue, before his death, my uncle was driving past his brothers place and saw him out the front. He honked his horn, smiled and waved.

It was just not likely to happen. He died that weekend. Almost as if for some reason he felt the need to let the past be the past, to get closer.. they didn't speak and it was only after the death did my uncle even mention it.

There are far more strange things in this world than visions of loved ones and premonitions.

I've just burnt the last pages from the book of my last few years and out of the ashes I see an old friend I'd lost contact with, ON here.
Just as the coincidences of reality once more confuse and bewilder me.

If we stop being so blinded by the shiny things in front of us, we just might see a few more dots being connected than we ever thought possible...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

........ and the medium for doing so is an apparition in the targets mind transmitted by thought projection using a scene the target would easily recognise and understand.
edit on 31-10-2015 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I had 12 people at LEAST tell me how much I looked like Seth Rogen this week. It happens all the time. We all have doppelgangers due to a limited amount of facial feature combinations.

And I also cannot count the times I've waved to someone who I totally had no idea who they were because they appeared to recognize me or looked like they were about to maybe recognize me, or happened to look my way and so I waved because I have no idea what else to do.

It's coincidence and nothing more.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

or...

A lot of the new "ghost hunting" electronics coming out are becoming very sophisticated and lending proof that ghosts exist. The SLS camera by Bill Chapel is very cool and it is real technology, not some gimmick.
huffparanormal.com...
some video of the camera working.
I have seen real footage of someone asking the ghost to raise a leg up in the air, and it did. And Bill Chapel asked one to wave, and it did.
People will still disbelieve though. Especially if they fear the existence of ghosts.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

or...

A lot of the new "ghost hunting" electronics coming out are becoming very sophisticated and lending proof that ghosts exist. The SLS camera by Bill Chapel is very cool and it is real technology, not some gimmick.
huffparanormal.com...
some video of the camera working.
I have seen real footage of someone asking the ghost to raise a leg up in the air, and it did. And Bill Chapel asked one to wave, and it did.
People will still disbelieve though. Especially if they fear the existence of ghosts.

It all boils down to a person's perception, his/her idea of reality, his burden of proof. Treating something like that as a step by step path thru logic and evidence to the end proof, that ghosts exist as shown by this new camera...

Should we also accept the "A's above so below/mirror image" theories as fact? Meaning since as far back as the 60s and 70s people have argued that we live in some world where the heavens and earth are mirror images and you have
The sea (sky)
The earth
The sea
Because according to many reputable people and thousands of infrared photographs, the sky is just like the sea as it borders the firm earth and is just as full of life and in as many diverse forms as the sea, you only need look with infrared capabilities and you'll see lifeforms you never knew existed just one smidgen past the human visible spectrum.

So if the camera provides certain proof, there are ghosts and crazy light beings swooping around above us.

Not the best site but...(and yikes the sky fish scare the crud outta me)
www.thetruthdenied.com...
edit on 11/2/2015 by AlexandrosTheGreat because:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So fast forward to about a week ago, my wife gets a call from a family friend (the son of my father in laws BFF) as well as my wife's brother. The BFF (Jane lets call her) is driving somewhere (this is a very very small town in the mountains in NY) and she thinks she sees my father in law, doing his two finger salute he does to people he knows in other cars (kinda like a peace sign i guess) and waves, and when she gets up on him, they make eye contact, and he smiles at her. She SWEARs it was him, in his car. It shook her so bad, she had to stop at her sons house (really close by) and tell the whole story

ha ha reminds me of my father he used to "wave" the exact same way 2 fingers rising up from the steering wheel.
In my opinion it seems like everywhere you turn something paranormal is happening it doesn't surprise me a bit.If you said this 20 years ago it may have shocked me then but there are too many strange things occurring these days.
Just the other night I saw a huge ball of light over my neighbors house just floating there...I have no clue what it was

edit on 2-11-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I say it was definitely a ROCK !
Pfft , sorry wrong thread 😱

new topics

top topics

join