It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson is a Creationist

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm with you BuzzyWigs. If I had the possibility of one of our Prime Minister candidates come out and say that, it would be an instant and massive Red Flag.

It's not that I think that those people can't be good leaders, it's that their choices can effect millions if they tried to change something with the education system to be more forgiving to outlandish claims that have no place in public schools. Not to mention their grasp on reality is, in my opinion, massively warped.

It would be scary, that's for certain.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Guess what people...Christians believe Satan is real...not something new..Obama believes satan is real people.Hillary Clinton believes satan is real.I also believe satan is real.

Stop being so judgemental with beliefs.Clearly political smearing going on.
Buzzywigs we do not run a evolutionary dictatorship in the U.S.
edit on 31-10-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

I'm with you BuzzyWigs. If I had the possibility of one of our Prime Minister candidates come out and say that, it would be an instant and massive Red Flag.

It's not that I think that those people can't be good leaders, it's that their choices can effect millions if they tried to change something with the education system to be more forgiving to outlandish claims that have no place in public schools. Not to mention their grasp on reality is, in my opinion, massively warped.

Do you live in a country that is majority atheist?

If so then that is a bit different than the usa because the majority of Americans believe.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: Ghost147

Do you live in a country that is majority atheist?

If so then that is a bit different than the usa because the majority of Americans believe.

I wish. Canada is only 23.9% non-religious.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Then it should not be out of the ordinary to have a leader that holds spiritual views also.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Saying it doesn't make it so. In your opinion then morality/ethics are subjective? Then why do you even care? Its just one subjective view vs another and if neither can be absolute then why even concern yourself? Why even be counter to something? Why should we care what you think on the matter?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: deadeyedick

Theory isn't just a word in science that means a supposition. It's a rigorous process arrived at with supporting facts and becomes the accepted explanation of whatever it seeks to define or answer. Theories never become Scientific Law and they never revert back to hypothesis. It is the answer unless disproven through the same rigorous process.

Nice try.

It is interesting to see the claims that this knowledge is the same as the Theory of Gravity.

They are NOT the same, but all crowded into the same group by clever wording.

Your religion that controls science and how it is researched and whether or not something is disproven or not is not sound at all, and does not pass any real muster, other than its own incomplete ideals.

Any sane thinker, any observer can see that These THEORIES, are just as interesting as a 6 day Creation or anything else.

They are all nowhere NEAR being proven, or understood.

Such a faithful group you are, to believe that you are not totally had.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: masqua

Logic is not always a great educator. Logic dictated that the sun revolved around the world since it rises in the east and sets in the west. That logic was put to rest, but our eyes still are fooled.

And then better logic prevailed because we developed the tools for better observation.

The logic used is the same dam logic as it ever was, just more sharpened in some areas.

Again, it is amazing to watch people think religious views are not in FULL CONTROL, of many areas of science.

You believe ERRONEOUSLY, that SCIENCE somehow is untouched by the same controllers as always.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Any sane thinker, any observer can see that These THEORIES, are just as interesting as a 6 day Creation or anything else.

Oh please! Any sane thinker? There is absolutely nothing interesting in the idea of a magically being poofing the universe into existence with its magic.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Could you please explain how our universe came into existence from nothing? I know science has been pondering it for a century.

If you cannot, perhaps it was a 'miracle. Whether it was due to an old guy with a beard, I have no idea either.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I don't know of any scientist that makes the claim that universe came from nothing. Can you cite one?

edit on 31-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So many search results on that claim.

www.fromquarkstoquasars.com... se-could-have-come-from-nothing/

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

From your link:

Many scientists assume that the universe came from nothing, which is an idea that can only be true in light of quantum theory.

Who are these scientists? Also, quantum theory doesn't state that subatomic particles come from nothing. Although, their source is a mystery, as is the source of the universe.

Edit to add: Nowhere does that article attempt to prove that the universe came from nothing.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I see your point but I assure you that many pages of results can be found on different scientist that hold the belief of something from nothing.

They may have changed their minds but it was the basis behind one of the biggest scientific theories around.

Many scientists assume that the universe came from nothing, which is an idea that can only be true in light of quantum theory

edit on 31-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Okay, here's an interesting article:

Most physicists now think that the universe began with the Big Bang. At first all the matter and energy in the universe was crammed together in one unimaginably small dot, and this exploded.

At this point, making a universe looks almost easy. Quantum mechanics tells us that "nothing" is inherently unstable, so the initial leap from nothing to something may have been inevitable. Then the resulting tiny bubble of space-time could have burgeoned into a massive, busy universe, thanks to inflation. As Krauss puts it, "The laws of physics as we understand them make it eminently plausible that our universe arose from nothing - no space, no time, no particles, nothing that we now know of."

Those universes might be profoundly different to ours. The universe next door might have five dimensions of space rather than the three – length, breadth and height – that ours does. Gravity might be ten times stronger or a thousand times weaker, or not exist at all. Matter might be built out of utterly different particles.
So there could be a mind-boggling smorgasbord of universes. Linde says eternal inflation is not just the ultimate free lunch: it is the only one at which all possible dishes are available.
As yet we don't have hard evidence that other universes exist. But either way, these ideas give a whole new meaning to the phrase "Thanks for nothing".

www.bbc.com...

Fascinating stuff!

So, in the end, quantum theory leaves us with the possibility that subatomic particles popping into existence may originate from neighboring universes.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

All I can say about it is if we came from such a point then as we get further from the start time changes.

6 days from the start could be correct if we were calculating from the starting point and not from just our perspective.

Ben and I share the thought that anything is possible and having beliefs does not make you unstable as many claim.

If anything it just shows that those who say something is impossible are really not taking into account science and progress.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well, all I can say is, if there is an advanced being that is able to manipulate energy in such a way as to create universes in 6 "and there was the morning and the evening" days. Then there is probably more than one such being, all of whom must also have some origin, whether it be in neighboring universe or another dimension.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

True then the goal may become to keep humans lacking in knowledge and chasing their tail in order to protect the existence. There is always the chance that one managed to stay one step ahead of the rest.

Happy Halloween

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Great discussion on the beginning of time and matter.

So, what is possible now, knowing that the greatest scientists in the world have no solid proof or facts? Does Ben Carson still sound like a fool because he may believe in an answer from antiquity? Those folks from antiquity also figured out atoms as the building blocks of matter. The story in the bible may very well be allegory pointing to greater truths.

We sure don't have any evidence on the creation of the universe... only the mysterious theories of Quantum Physics. This is the entire purpose of the CERN laboratory (Large Hadron Collider), searching for the beginning of everything and which experimentation has fascinated me for years.

In the history of us being aware, we have gone from magic and sorcery, to alchemy and on to the science by greats such as Newton, and yet, throughout all of it, we have hung on to religion, perhaps hearkening back to the days of shaman, sorcery and magic.

I would not fault Carson for holding on to his faith, but I would caution him to not let his 'beliefs' directly affect his decisions as a president should he be elected. The truth is, he does not 'know' either, any more that any other.

For me, I believe that everything in this world has energy and movement on the atomic scale, even stone or a clump of clay. The world becomes more strange the closer we look at it. A drop of water can hold a billion, trillion atoms, each alive and strumming strings like a harp.

This is why I am not an atheist.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The story in the bible may very well be allegory pointing to greater truths.

THIS ^^ Absolutely. Bible stories are allegorical and deal with the human condition.

Does Ben Carson still sound like a fool because he may believe in an answer from antiquity?

Unfortunately, yes. In my opinion, because he is unable to separate allegory from literal fact.

This is why I am not an atheist.

I'm a qualified atheist. I certainly don't believe in the biblical god or his son. My definition of god is, "the consciousness that arises from the universe. It is all that exists, has and will exist as well and everything that doesn't exist, didn't and won't exist. The universe itself is god, and we are all part of god."

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join