It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US special forces soldier is killed in Isis hostage rescue mission in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
A few days ago a raid on a prison where ISIS had captured approximately 70 Kurds were freed by American special forces.

Which resulted in one American soldier killed during the raid, its the first American soldier to be killed in Iraq since their troops exited Iraq in 2011

A US special forces soldier has been killed in rescue operation of dozens of Kurdish hostages in northern Iraq, in what is thought to be the first American combat death on the ground in the fight against Isis. The Pentagon said the hostages were freed - in a joint operation involving Kurdish peshmerga forces - from an ISIS prison in northern Iraq near Hawija and that their captors were threatening "imminent mass executiuon".

"People were chained to walls," one military source told Fox News. "A mass atrocity was averted."

The Pentagon said most hostages were Iraqi security forces, many were from the Iraqi Army, and some were police. Some of those rescued were part of the "Sunni Awakening," the fight against Al-Qaeda that saw Sunnis alongside US forces almost a decade ago. Five Isis fighters were killed and a number were detained.
www.independent.co.uk... 356.html

Condolences to the soldiers family.

I`ve seen videos of what ISIS does to many captured, so thumbs up for getting these people out.

Some footage of the rescue...

After the raid the prison goes bye bye...

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

Well it's about time I heard a story of coalition forces actually doing something constructive out there. I'm sorry for the loss of the soldier but he died saving 70 people so it certainly wasn't in vain.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Yep my thoughts exactly.

Here is an extended version of the first video in the OP.

There is blood on quite a few of the prisoners as they`re coming out, not sure if its from chains beatings or from the fire fight.

Also I see the special forces got some training from Americas TSA, understandable in these situations, they can`t be too careful dealing with ISIS for either weapons or suicide belts.

edit on 26-10-2015 by gps777 because: link

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It was a good thing to do there is no doubt about it. The reason the Directorate General is releasing this footage, and the timing of the rescue, scream Public Relations.

That missile hit on the prison was amazing how it obliterated the building. What a lot of good America could do with thier power if that was the reason they deployed it.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm guessing there was no turkey and gravy on Thanksgiving.
No Kool-Aid lipstick for the funnies.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Nevermind.

edit on 10/26/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
It was a good thing to do there is no doubt about it. The reason the Directorate General is releasing this footage, and the timing of the rescue, scream Public Relations.

Agreed they had better do a heck of a lot more to win back belief and support and even then most will be skeptical.

That missile hit on the prison was amazing how it obliterated the building. What a lot of good America could do with thier power if that was the reason they deployed it.

Agreed again, Putin has done so much more in such little time than the US against ISIS, stinks of bs and agenda.

But I`m not going to take what they did in rescuing these people away, big thumbs up.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

America and our soldiers rescue people all the time, it's what we do. You don't hear about it often because bad press sells a lot more and it's envouge to hate America and praise other countries. This soldier was doing the right thing and my condulances and prayers with his family. America stands on the front lines for western interests it would be prudent to reconize that fact before spouting off at the U.S every opportunity. That's is a general statement not directed at you.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Double wtf! This never happens !
Why me!
edit on 26-10-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

When and if they do TechniXcality as you say it happens often that goes unnoticed or spoken about that you see. Please post it.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So Russia makes US look like jackasses, then we rescue seventy people?
Man, that timing.... that timing.
If America doesn't want all the hate, they should've released videos like this a couple years ago, instead of waiting for Putin to make everything we've "done" over there look completely stupid.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think more of these Special Forces raids should be conducted against ISIS. Crush the ISIS movement, by going after certain ISIS leaders and compounds used by ISIS. USE not only American special forces, but British, German, Russian, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, etc... Pretty much the U.N. Cut off the head of this movement, and most of these so called ISIS fighters will quickly put down there Black flags for a White flag meaning surrender. Without a Global Unified fight against ISIS, this will take much longer and only strengthen what they believe is a Jihad against the west. ISIS has destroyed hundreds of sacred sights, and monuments that survived even through WW2, only to be smashed to pieces by a bunch of Idiots wearing black. I have to wonder though, why in so many videos, these ISIS fighters are wearing brand new Military uniforms, with white tennis shoes, carrying mostly the American made M16. I know that some of it was attained by the capture of Iraqi forces, but surely not all of it, and Where are they getting the Ammunition for these M 16's which fires a .223 caliber bullet. It reminds me of that movie with Nicholas Cage, where he supplied both sides of a conflict, I think it was called Lord of Wars, or something like that. Something still doesn't seem right about all of this, the way American forces were told to just leave heavy artillery equipment, tanks, mortor rounds. Its basic common sense to destroy what cannot be brought back when abandoning a certain area. I think it was deliberately left for ISIS to continue the destabilizing of the region.

new topics

top topics

join