It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things They Don't Teach You in Church

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
There are many very strange or unexplainable events in the Christian and Jewish Bibles that many believers today are not very familiar with. Could it be that today's church leaders don't teach them because they aren't familiar with them, don't understand them, or just don't want us to know about them for whatever reason? You be the judge.

My personal belief is that the strange happenings in our religions are proof that either portions of the Bible are embellished or made up, Or that the Gods of the ancient worlds were actually advanced extraterrestrial beings and not Gods at all
That would definitely explain why so much of religion (at least Christianity) is focused on such limited sections of the ancient religious texts, while other parts seem to be never discussed at all

Eve may not have been Adam's first wife. It is said that Adam was first married to Lilith, who may have been a demon (alien?)

Moses found belief in Yahweh from the Midianites of Saudi Arabia

Moses may have been born from incest

Moses built a bronze snake to cure the peoples' snake bites (sounds like an idol to me)

There's no proof that the Exodus ever happened- either in Egyptian records or the archaeological record

Abraham, or Abram as he was originally called, is one of the first and most important leaders or Patriarchs of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

The modern Christian view of Abraham seems to be that he was a humble shepherd wandering around the Promised land, who was randomly picked by God to become the founder of the Jewish people and Religion

In reality, Abram was not even from Israel, or Canaan, as it was then called. Abraham was from Mesopotamia or Turkey (which Ur he was from is a matter of dispute)

The Arabs claim their descent from Abraham's first son, Ishmael who was born of Sarah's maid

Curiously, after Abraham's wife later gives birth to Isaac, God calls him Abraham's “only son” Genesis 22:2

Abraham wasn't just a shepherd, if he was one at all, he was a warrior and probably a Prince. Abraham fought in the Battle of Nine Kings (Battle of Siddim) Gen. 14:14
He had over 300 warriors at his command and was able to rescue his nephew Lot from the four powerful kings of the East who had captured him

Even Islam claims Abraham as a Patriarch, not only by descendancy through Ishmael, but they also claim that he built the Kabah in Mecca!

Lastly, Abraham along with Isaac, Jacob and their wives were allegedly buried together in a cave in Israel.That cave still exists today and is called the Cave of the Patriarchs. Of course it's closed to the public, so no one can actually prove if they are buried there or not.

Jacob's son Joseph, who the Bible says wore a cloak of many colors and was sold into slavery in Egypt, is also supposed to be buried in Israel.

Jonah, the man the Bible says was swallowed by a whale, also had a tomb in the Middle East and was recognized as a Saint by people there
until ISIS destroyed his tomb last year

Isn't it strange that there are supposed to be actual, physical remains of so many key figures from the Old Testament of the Bible in the Middle East, but Christians aren't told about it? (at least I wasn't) It seems like the only physical evidence from the Bible Christians are supposed to look for is Noah's ark
Maybe they're fake, or maybe churches don't want people to be inspired about Judaism?

Not only did the Hebrews have other Gods and their idols, but they also practiced Divination. One way, was through the mysterious Priestly garment known as the Ephod. It was claimed that through this device priests could obtain counsel from God. One version says that the people could speak questions to the Ephod and it would light up the gems in it as a way of spelling answers. This could only work if two devices called Urim or Thummim were inserted into the device. This sounds like a machine with batteries to me.

Jewish Kings, such as Solomon, had concubines and harems.

King David may have been gay or bisexual.

King Solomon allegedly interacted with Demons and used Magic-

Solomon used forced labor and high taxes to build the great buildings of Israel-

There was a Witch in Canaan who raised a prophet's spirit from the dead for King Saul

Israel may have had Temple prostitutes-

Daniel is said to have proved that a Babylonian idol was not divine, and that its priests used trickery to convince people it was alive

This was left out of the Bible, maybe because they didn't want people to know that religions and gods can be fake?

witcombe.sbc.edu...
www.biblebabel.net...
listverse.com...
www.accuracyingenesis.com/ur.html
biblehub.com...
thechurchoftruth.wordpress.com...
www.bibleinfo.com...
oldtestamentstudies.datascenesdev.com...
www.jewishroots.net...
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...
www.takeapen.org...
www.cnn.com...
oaks.nvg.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.jesusbelievesinevolution.com...
biblehub.com...
www.amazingfacts.org...
semiticcontroversies.blogspot.com...
jewishencyclopedia.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I remember reading somewhere that Moses was actually Egyptian and provided food and led the Israelites out of Egypt as they were breeding too rapidly and threatened the social fabric of Egyptian society.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
As a non believer, there are so many ways I could agree with you- but only by pointing out that there are so many contradictions because it's a story. Or a collection of them, anyway. Most are useful for teaching morality to children, many others were simply created for the purposes of control.

Tell me- rather than contemplating why some dude was simultaneously buried in a robe at the same time that he's sold into slavery ( people are still buried when lost at sea, btw) why not focus on something useful- like why is it that people graduate from "higher education" but still can't work out how to use a rope and a couple of pullies to move something twice their weight safely?

Humanity is lost- their historic control methods should be a joke, but are frighteningly effective- meanwhile, the people writing the books are busy making up new stories intended to enslave the next populous.

You think that the Christians after thousands of years finally embrace homosexual marriage, just like that? The story has reached its conclusion and the people who wrote it are trying to figure out what to do next.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Could it be that it is all potentially BS?!

The mantra of the ATS is Deny Ignorance however it allows discussion and bias towards theistic beliefs that cannot be proven by fact or reason....

Hypocrisy at best.

Maybe you are looking a books written by men that were passed down verbally for centuries and finally written and abridged to fit an agenda...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I'm sure I've read somewhere that the ark of the covenant contains a "speaking helmet",and it also contains god himself.

Which is just a bit peculuar.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Eve may not have been Adam's first wife. It is said that Adam was first married to Lilith, who may have been a demon (alien?)

Great, show me that quote in the Bible.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

I'm sure I've read somewhere that the ark of the covenant contains a "speaking helmet",and it also contains god himself.

I think the 'Speaking Helmet' came from a Monty Python skit....

...or the King James version; I can't remember which.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Nope.Somewhere else.

It amuses me nonetheless that the god of the christians is in a box in a cave in Ethiopia.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
all i know is that the old testament seems to be run by a god that is extremely human like in his ways but possessed of super human powers.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

I think the 'Speaking Helmet' came from a Monty Python skit....

...or the King James version; I can't remember which.

The ark has Aron's staff the commandments and a bowl of manna
God sits on the wings of the chirubs.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
There are many very strange or unexplainable events in the Christian and Jewish Bibles that many believers today are not very familiar with. Could it be that today's church leaders don't teach them because they aren't familiar with them, don't understand them, or just don't want us to know about them for whatever reason? You be the judge.

My personal belief is that the strange happenings in our religions are proof that either portions of the Bible are embellished or made up, Or that the Gods of the ancient worlds were actually advanced extraterrestrial beings and not Gods at all
That would definitely explain why so much of religion (at least Christianity) is focused on such limited sections of the ancient religious texts, while other parts seem to be never discussed at all

Moses found belief in Yahweh from the Midianites of Saudi Arabia

Moses may have been born from incest

Moses built a bronze snake to cure the peoples' snake bites (sounds like an idol to me)

There's no proof that the Exodus ever happened- either in Egyptian records or the archaeological record

Abraham, or Abram as he was originally called, is one of the first and most important leaders or Patriarchs of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

The modern Christian view of Abraham seems to be that he was a humble shepherd wandering around the Promised land, who was randomly picked by God to become the founder of the Jewish people and Religion

In reality, Abram was not even from Israel, or Canaan, as it was then called. Abraham was from Mesopotamia or Turkey (which Ur he was from is a matter of dispute)

The Arabs claim their descent from Abraham's first son, Ishmael who was born of Sarah's maid

Curiously, after Abraham's wife later gives birth to Isaac, God calls him Abraham's “only son” Genesis 22:2

Abraham wasn't just a shepherd, if he was one at all, he was a warrior and probably a Prince. Abraham fought in the Battle of Nine Kings (Battle of Siddim) Gen. 14:14
He had over 300 warriors at his command and was able to rescue his nephew Lot from the four powerful kings of the East who had captured him

Even Islam claims Abraham as a Patriarch, not only by descendancy through Ishmael, but they also claim that he built the Kabah in Mecca!

Lastly, Abraham along with Isaac, Jacob and their wives were allegedly buried together in a cave in Israel.That cave still exists today and is called the Cave of the Patriarchs. Of course it's closed to the public, so no one can actually prove if they are buried there or not.

Jacob's son Joseph, who the Bible says wore a cloak of many colors and was sold into slavery in Egypt, is also supposed to be buried in Israel.

Jonah, the man the Bible says was swallowed by a whale, also had a tomb in the Middle East and was recognized as a Saint by people there
until ISIS destroyed his tomb last year

Isn't it strange that there are supposed to be actual, physical remains of so many key figures from the Old Testament of the Bible in the Middle East, but Christians aren't told about it? (at least I wasn't) It seems like the only physical evidence from the Bible Christians are supposed to look for is Noah's ark
Maybe they're fake, or maybe churches don't want people to be inspired about Judaism?

Not only did the Hebrews have other Gods and their idols, but they also practiced Divination. One way, was through the mysterious Priestly garment known as the Ephod. It was claimed that through this device priests could obtain counsel from God. One version says that the people could speak questions to the Ephod and it would light up the gems in it as a way of spelling answers. This could only work if two devices called Urim or Thummim were inserted into the device. This sounds like a machine with batteries to me.

Jewish Kings, such as Solomon, had concubines and harems.

King David may have been gay or bisexual.

King Solomon allegedly interacted with Demons and used Magic-

Solomon used forced labor and high taxes to build the great buildings of Israel-

There was a Witch in Canaan who raised a prophet's spirit from the dead for King Saul

Israel may have had Temple prostitutes-

Daniel is said to have proved that a Babylonian idol was not divine, and that its priests used trickery to convince people it was alive

This was left out of the Bible, maybe because they didn't want people to know that religions and gods can be fake?

witcombe.sbc.edu...
www.biblebabel.net...
listverse.com...
www.accuracyingenesis.com/ur.html
biblehub.com...
thechurchoftruth.wordpress.com...
www.bibleinfo.com...
oldtestamentstudies.datascenesdev.com...
www.jewishroots.net...
www.takeapen.org...
www.cnn.com...
oaks.nvg.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.jesusbelievesinevolution.com...
biblehub.com...
www.amazingfacts.org...
semiticcontroversies.blogspot.com...
jewishencyclopedia.com...

Theban legion story 6666 legion soilders were beheaded by a Roman emperor because they refused to kill Christians
They did not resist and there bodies were
Thrown into the river
The bodies climbed out of the river and picked up their heads and walked over to were they wanted to be buried and began to pray until
Their bodies fell over.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

What strikes me as odd is that the Tree was in the garden. All fruit but that fruit. Why even put it in the garden? I understand the duality, but seriously.

Also, G-d "walked" through the garden. You know who else "walked" through the garden? The serpent, because only after his trickery did G-d curse the serpent to crawl on his belly. Adam and Eve disobeyed the only commandment, and were cast out into the wilderness, still immortal though.

Fast forward to Moses, now 10 Commandments come forth, only to idol worship by G-d's chosen. G-d's chosen seem to be set up to fail, don't they?

After G-d got tired of mankind's evil hearts he made them mortal, 120 years, but yet the Nephlim were not made mortal...hmmm, so G-d wiped out evil with the flood, then promised to never do it again, or at least that way.

G-d was all over the place, time after time, just like a new parent, winging it. Then second kiddo comes along, and BINGO!, PERFECTION! Jesus, the heir apparent. Not Adam, nor Abram, not Joseph, not Jacob, not Job, not you, nor me...only Jesus.

Genesis is a strange account, as is Revelation. The only accounts that make sense are of Humans, but then again, we are merely mortal humans, so how can we even begin to relate to immortals? We don't know what we don't know, even though Adam and Eve knew, they sinned and gained the knowledge, but now the knowledge is lost, and immortality...remember the trade off? Some trade, lost both, all because of The Tower. G-d saw that a one language mankind could accomplish anything, know all, and G-d scattered, made us lost. We're still trying to get back to square one.

Nope, only through Christ can immortality and knowledge of the Father come. Why the Middleman all of the sudden? No offense to Jesus.

Enough already. Follow your own hearts. The Good Book has been compromised, and we cannot even begin to know by whom, how, or where. Goodness does not need to be spoken in a singular understood language. We all feel it. How do we know what it feels like? Because we know what evil feels like, back to duality...so now I see why the Tree was put there. All the rest is irrelevant? Still not sure why mankind must go through Jesus to be with G-d, but then again, neither does more than half of the rest of the world either.

Still thinking about that one.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Good job. You've proven what the bible has been telling us for close to 3,000 year. Humanity is plagued with inherent hypocrisy. What's next?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The ignorance in this thread is overwhelming it would take pages and pages of wasted time to deny it's ignorance.If you don't even know Abraham was not a "patriarch" of Judaism your ignorance is to great to be addressed.The burden of proof is on you and all you have done is proven who is truly ignorant .

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: piney

They may be referring to the Ephod which is not a helmet but more of a girdle with sacred stones of certain types placed in certain orders that the high priest wore in the Holiest of Holies.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Abraham isn't one of the patriarchs? That's new.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Aha, Lilith is in the bible- Isaiah 34:14
But the story about her is from other Jewish writings than the bible.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

"Things They Don't Teach You in Church"

What, how to misread, and misinterpret the Bible, for Bible haters? and anti-Christians?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The Bible is the Tower of Babel second build, hence the name. Like the tower it has been constructed floor by floor, each tethered to a central core and the floors below. The words themselves double up as facade and foundation no matter how high up you go like a myriad of keystones or a jenga puzzle with the square ends painted a different colour. When you look at the puzzle the first time all you see are the colours from one side. You don't realise that joined to the colour you see is a different colour facing a completely different direction.

The purpose of the tower is to reach God. It has been written by unique individuals thousands of years ahead of their time, gifted with brains more highly evolved than the average. They were the X-men of their day. They studied the texts written to date, found the colours on the other side, extrapolated new ones and as their legacy added another layer. They chose words that would be universal, the single language: mathematical and logical. That's why you don't have words like drizzle and sleet. They are too subjective.

The first Bible was near perfection. And so it had to be destroyed, the fragments scattered to the four corners of the Earth like the builders, otherwise future X-men would miss out on the opportunity to evolve further. The mystery of God also had to be preserved. The new Bible was founded on the fragment of the Creation and the early part of Genesis. The other fragments became myth and folklore.

The X-men were outsiders in society, branded as warlocks and witches. As such they wove into the fabric of the text their frustrations and evolved spiritual morality. This is why God is angry in some books. They believed God would be angry for the way they, the chosen ones, were being treated.

The X-men advertised their construction as the Word of God and religions formed in the belief that reading the text would lead to enlightenment, a bit like simply entering a Church to go to Heaven or reciting a prayer verbatim without thought.

The 'stories' for the most part are colourful like the jenga blocks, and cover some area, enough to keep the average brain occupied for a lifetime. However, the tower has volume as well that only X-men can see. The religions have seized ownership of the tower and have squatted for a long time. They have added books of their own which destabilise the rest. Everything between John and Revelation is a nonsense. Mark and Luke only just scrape by. The religions have set the rules for calculating the coloured area and wo' betide anyone who tries to think otherwise. Everyone follows them blindly. Unfortunately their calculations are completely wrong often giving negatives instead of positives. Any X-man challenging the Church is branded an agent of Satan and dismissed.

The tower is still incomplete so we don't know how the 'story' ends. The path to God is closed. It will take a new world to resume building.
edit on 25-10-2015 by TheLamb because: Added John to Revelation

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

A couple of other interesting things from Genesis:

1) God refers to himself in the plural twice -- (lowercase) 'gods' and as 'us'

2) No where is Satan ever mentioned. The serpent is just a snake, not Satan.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join