It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Patricia becomes the strongest hurricane ever!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The majority of people in the affected area seem to have been smart enough to take appropriate survival measures. I have high hopes that this will be a low casualty incident; at least directly. The Mexican Government/Cartels have been tremendous in evacuating and providing support to the people affected. The economic loss, however, is likely to be enormous.

(post by Ignatian removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Mexico is gonna need some help.

I've experienced a category 5 before and that seems like peanuts compared to this. The winds I experienced were about 150 mph and after the storm had passed it looked like a nuke had been dropped. It's hard to imagine the devastation if the gusts could reach 200 mph.

Mexico is in for some tough times.

edit on 24-10-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

They don't, the names are alternately male and female names.
If a depression develops into a tropical storm, than the storm is given a name in a alphabetical order.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The first messages i'm seeing is that there is less damage than expected from this cat 5 hurricane, but the most important is of course that the people are safe and that there are no casualties i hope.
To my amazement there were many people in that area, so it is good that the most destructive part of this hurricane passed west of Manzanillo.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The Category 5 hurricane fizzled to category 1/tropical storm overnight. While rains and winds still expected, its much less devastating than the original estimate. Right now they are anticipating mudslides due to rains and floods. The storm's maximum winds were now 50 mph (80 kph), the Hurricane Center said.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Wow, Patricia sure fizzled out quick. She had a big mouth and talked a big game, but when it came time to show up, she chickened out. I hope Trump learned something from Patricia.

Seriously though, I am glad that the destruction was not as bad as they portrayed it to possibly be.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I looked at the reports for Texas gauges reporting the the Colorado Climate Center. For the 24 hrs ending this morning, 2 in NE Texas were reporting between 18 and 19 inches of rain.

Pouring down in south central all day and is expected to continue tonight.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, i got the answer i wanted..

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The most fascinating thing to me about this storm was how fast it spun up. It died out almost as fast, though with the terrain, that was somewhat predictable. Glad for the locals that it wasn't worse

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Wow, Patricia sure fizzled out quick. She had a big mouth and talked a big game, but when it came time to show up, she chickened out. I hope Trump learned something from Patricia.

Seriously though, I am glad that the destruction was not as bad as they portrayed it to possibly be.

Lol!

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
The most fascinating thing to me about this storm was how fast it spun up. It died out almost as fast, though with the terrain, that was somewhat predictable.

Because of the mountainous terrain(?), unlike the flat lands of the Gulf coast and Forida, for instance.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I blame "God".

That is, the godtards who deny climate change and continue to wantonly heat the planet with the polluting profligacy.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Gives me hope for the hurricanes that might start hitting southern California by 2040.
edit on 24-10-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42 Except that Patricia wasn't nearly as strong as what they said it was and didn't any where near as much damage as was predicted. I guess this was a test. Report a story and see what we believe to be true and then tell us how we're supposed to react to what they want us to believe happened. Even the official reports are sketchy as to details. Of course this monster storm( that wasn't) was due to global warming and we have to do something. I'm guessing it was probably a category 3 storm, maybe a very strong category 2. More disorganized then not and combined with another front to dump lots of rain farther north.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl
So, you're calling Hurricane Hunter crews liars?

They flew into the storm. They measured the pressure and windspeed directly.

It was every bit as strong as they said it was - Mexico was fortunate that it was small, made landfall between two larger population centers, and dissipated even faster than it had strengthened.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
He's right, hurricane hunters don't lie.

This hurricane is going to be studied in depth. As the strongest ever, it fizzled out faster than it began, which is really something in meteorology science. Could there be a limit on how big they can grow, before they self-destruct? That is going to be on the table as well as the extraordinary ocean profile that spawned it.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
To me, this was a HAARP event.
I live in Mexico, although not where this event occurred, but on the East coast of Yucatan.

Here, I have been observing and documenting what I see in the sky, every day. Yes, even here in Mexico!
I have been recording whenever I see the tracks of chemtrails, as well as the obvious signs of Haarp beams in the cloud formations. Sometimes they happen alone. Sometimes they happen in synchronicity.
I time my observations. When I see the tracks in the sky, I know that in 2 days time, we will have a rain event.
As it happens, the tracks were laid today, therefore we will have rain on Tuesday. Simple as that!
Check with me then!

The entire world needs to be informed of what is being done in the skies above us...globally.

People need to be informed of what's REALLY going on up there.
People need to be galvanized out of apathy, heads in the sand and all that.

This Global Climate Engineering assault that is being done on this planet has GOT TO STOP!

Take a look!
www.geoengineeringwatch.org

edit on 10/25/2015 by Starling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
1. HAARP was shutdown June 2014.
2. HAARP only effects the ionosphere... a near vacuum.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It's never a bad thing to prepare for the worst...and then get less than you expected.

I know folks are still being affected by the storm...but glad that it didn't turn out as bad as what we feared.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join