It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe, Our history is not what we think!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Guess its time to watch this video to see what all the hype is about. Was going to wait until later, but I'm curious what claims its making.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128

If you believe that humans built the great pyrimid with nothing more than logs / ropes / and copper tools then you've only ever skimmed the surface of mainstream, or choose not to actually read anything with FACTUAL evidence that counters any Hodgepodgery that arrogant historians push.

If you believe we could not do it on our own then you have no faith in your fellowman.

There is NO way they randomly created something with built in mathematical equations that at the time were UNKNOWN. Equations that were not used or utilized for hundreds if not thousands of years thereafter. They also did not have access to tools that could quarry out stone ( IN A TIMELY MANNER ) to create anything in the time frame they claimed.

Of course they could and did. What crazy math was it that they needed that they didn't have? I really do not see a plumb-line as advance alien technology...

Its a brilliant ( MACHINE ) created by something very power and advanced. They used what the planet had at the time to create something that shouldn't of existed yet. Its like building a combustion engine out of stone.

Its stone and so well within their capabilities to make. Why would a super advance race build a stone structure and not something, dare I say it, advance?

edit on 24-10-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128

Guess its time to watch this video to see what all the hype is about. Was going to wait until later, but I'm curious what claims its making.

Hope you get farther than I could...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Like most web sites they are ad driven. Nothing abnormal about that. As for the video, if you did not bother to watch it then your opinion is moot.

There are many things I agreed with and some that are questionable, but the intent was not to shove information down anyone's gullet.

It was intended to offer a different perspective other than the mainstream collaborative that we have been force fed throughout our average 75 year life span as humans.

Like I said, watch it or don't believe it or don't, I personally could care less.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Too bad, it is really informative, so your loss...and yet you felt compelled to insert your very intelligent reply into the mix, well done.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If the pyramids are so easy to build how come not a single one has been built since? We can not duplicate them with advanced technology we have today. It has nothing to do with faith.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Yeah, I suspect you have many other well informed information to waste your time with, thanks for stopping by, since you failed to watch the entire video, your opinion is really very shallow.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Too bad, it is really informative, so your loss...and yet you felt compelled to insert your very intelligent reply into the mix, well done.

I guess my point is if they are going to start with false absolute statements such as..

1. No modern theory exists about how the Pyramids were created
2. It was impossible for them to move the blocks
2. Even modern technology can not build the Pyramids

What does that suggest for the rest of the video?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

If the pyramids are so easy to build how come not a single one has been built since? We can not duplicate them with advanced technology we have today. It has nothing to do with faith.

Are you kidding me? The question is why would we want to build them today? The Pyramids are stacked rock, not advance tech. Also you need to think about we been shaping raw stone and stacking it for a very long time now. We built castles, forts and a big ass wall with shaped stone work using simple tools too. Its a given that man can do this without modern technology.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I stumbled upon that video a couple years ago and ended up watching more of their stuff. some does seem a bit far fetched, but I'm always open to alternative theories and thoughts about anything. I think we get arrogant when we know for certain what and why these ancients did what they did and dismiss any other possibility.

I've always felt a strong pull towards Egypt, paganism (even before I knew what it was), mystery cults and other things that people will probably call me crazy for not necessarily believing but considering why not.

connecting satan or lucifer to anything prechristian and ancient to me seems like a grasping at straws to make that god religion more valid somehow.

I'm afraid I've wandered a bit off topic and I'm so sorry, but I do quite enjoy spirit science and most certainly do not adhere nor denounce it. I just find things of these natural fascinating and a delight to think about it.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

a reply to: pikestaff

Yeah, I suspect you have many other well informed information to waste your time with, thanks for stopping by, since you failed to watch the entire video, your opinion is really very shallow.

I watched more and got the same results. They start with a basic fact like this is DNA then jump into pure speculation every time. Statements like "this has never been done in the history of the universe" is annoying to say the least when one is trying to see this with a open view.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Like so many things I like to read and watch it was found here...

Suppressed History Of The Anunnaki Thu, October 22, 2015

I am sure somewhere in the past annals of ATS this video has been posted before, in fact, I am sure I have seen it before, today.

Still, it is such a weird, strangely, composited amount of information about an alternative theory to the history that has been taught and readily acceptable by the general public.

I think it is worth an hour of your precious time to take a gander.

Our history is not what we think!

I enjoyed watching it and it moves through fairly quickly.

I am NOT suggesting everything posited in this video is factual, I am, however, suggesting emphatically that what ever the history books have been written to teach us or the religions of this world have instructed us as being the truth, is NOT.

Much of what is actually fact or truth has been whitewashed and rewritten and translated so many different ways from culture to culture there is really no way to KNOW with a certainty exactly what is the truth and what is fabricated to achieve some agenda.

Translating any text from another purview entirely is impossible to do with complete accuracy, but this video makes as much, if not more, sense than most of the supposed acceptable reasoning passed around in this particular day and time we currently live in.

So, watch it or not, believe it or not.

I watched it and thought it was fun. Not sure if I agree with much, but it certainly does make me question quite a bit.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

originally posted by: HarteBesides, do you really think humans were around 26 million years ago?

Harte

Yes, I think its possible, especially when I see a mile long face on Mars that looks like it has been there for millions of years.

You don't think its possible that we have been lied to about Earth's true history?

Not to the tune of 24 million years.

And no, we've not been "lied" to. We just don't know everything, and don't claim to know everything.

Harte

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If the pyramids are so easy to build how come not a single one has been built since?

Since when?

We can not duplicate them with advanced technology we have today. It has nothing to do with faith.

That's only true if you are utterly ignorant.

Harte

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Not being an expert, and having not been there at the time, I am left to wonder. My conclusion is that I don't understand HOW they were built. The point of my reply was, contrary to the opening premise, that there are no sound theories on how man alone could have built them, there ARE theories which explain how they were built by man alone.

I personally lean towards unknown technology of which we can find little or no trace. How am I to know if this was alien tech or human tech of a form that was left over from a previous set of civilizations. Tech that utilized forms of energy that we are still unaware of. I don't know.

Clearly this present increase of human knowledge over the last 4000 years has found that things in the past were not as we had in our growing knowledge thought them to be. Clearly. The answers for the pyramids that has generally been accepted for the last couple of millennia, based on the primitive knowledge of the time has snowballed over the centuries into the dogma of simpleness as you describe.

Now, in the last couple of decades with all the new information coming to light concerning human habitations of the past that lay in ruin for so long indicate clearly how little we have know for so long.

But, now, just because we have so much more to consider in the way of information does not mean that the simple 'counter' solutions we might jump to are correct either.

Basically I am a 'might have been' person. Unless I know something for sure, I tend to reserve judgment. All to often I have seen people jumping to conclusions or deciding this unprovable fact is better than 'that' unprovable fact'. And basicallly Tri, that, is my 'gut' sense of it all.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Like most web sites they are ad driven. Nothing abnormal about that. As for the video, if you did not bother to watch it then your opinion is moot.

There are many things I agreed with and some that are questionable, but the intent was not to shove information down anyone's gullet.

It was intended to offer a different perspective other than the mainstream collaborative that we have been force fed throughout our average 75 year life span as humans.

Like I said, watch it or don't believe it or don't, I personally could care less.

Like most web sites they are ad driven. Nothing abnormal about that. Well that is unless you are selling enlightenment, which from my perusing of the site they are. To my mind, enlightenment cannot be bought, or sold.

As for the video, if you did not bother to watch it then your opinion is moot. It is not that I didn't bother to watch it, as I said I gave it over a minute and was completely turned off by the presentation of a high pitched voice, juvenile drawings and childish logic. My opinion is based on that. Moot? I was just trying to add to your post. If you found that what I had to say was not worth the time of day then I am regretful. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Each stone has been estimated to weigh approximately between 2 and 20 tonnes each. Think about that, that’s 2.5 million blocks of stone that weigh between 2 and 20 tonnes each. How did they lift and transport the rocks from their original position? Let alone transport them over land and water for hundreds of miles.

Even if the workers had achieved the impossible and unimaginable feat of ten blocks piled up on top of each other a day, they would have assembled the 2.5 million stone blocks into the stone pyramid in about 250,000 days, that’s 664 years, not even long enough for the one whom it was supposedly built for to see its completion. Think about this...

“It would be impossible to assemble enough men even around a 9,000 pound stone that is perhaps only three and a half feet by three and half feet. To lift this stone onto and off of a barge, and then to maneuver it in place on the pyramid would take ten men, three on each side and two at each end. This placement means that each man, if all lifted equally, would be lifting 900-pounds. Obviously such a miraculous display of strength not only seems impracticable, but impossible. These pyramids built by the Egyptians 4,000 to 4,500 years ago are one of the seven wonders of the world. If there were any references to any machines used in building pyramids they may have burned in the fires of the Alexandrian Library.” -Richard Coslow

The facts above bring me to my next point.

Building the great pyramids would require the use of millions of people, even at that in my opinion it seams unfathomable -but the number of people is up for debate and differs among many. There would have had to have been a number of mathematicians, engineers, farmers, merchants, an army, slaves and more involved. ( for 600+ years ) The point is, could they ALL have lived on the Nile Delta? Think about it, world population at the time was only between 3-5 million. Again, think about the amazing craftsmanship that remains unmatched even til this day, think about the total population of Earth at the time. The population of Egypt alone wouldn’t have been enough. How would they have brought more people in? From where? How would they have housed them all? Fed them all? Transported them all?

Its not that its an impossible feat NOW. I'm sure it could be replicated. But it would cost billions over the course of MANY years, along with requiring the use of heavy lift cranes and diamond tipped saws..

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

The video suggests it is there to present "complex" matters in a simple way. The author is clearly "in the know" (well, he thinks he is) and from his enlightened position bows down to us, ignorants, to explain to us how history really happened. He offers no proof, other than a nice story. Actually, it's mostly just Melchizedekian hogwash.

Also, most statements in the video are simply not or not entirely true. For example, the Egyptians did not need any knowledge of sacred numbers. This is a classical mistake, also made by e.g. Adamski: that the Egyptians were told by some higher beings / aliens about sacred numbers like say pi and that they used these numbers to signal us that they knew about these. But that's not necessarily so.

Say that the Egyptians used a religious symbol to build a religious building. Say a disk symbolizing the Sun or the Moon. Now, say one of their priests rolled that sun-disk along over the sand for say 10 revolutions to determine the length of the base of a building and then stacked the disk 10 times to get the height of the building, the number pi would of course be showing up in the relation between height and length of said building. But the Egyptian priest never knew what pi was. Likewise, people are often baffled how the base of the pyramids are exactly level - until you tell them how it was done: the Egyptians simply dug out a hole where the pyramid should come and filled it with water from the Nile. The Nile was their sacred river after all (and it ran close to these pyramids in those days). Then workers would hammer in wooden poles into that water until the heads of these poles leveled with the water. Then the water was drained and replaced by sand. And you'll have a perfectly leveled base. Nothing special, and not an alien in sight.

What is probably true is that our vision on history is limited and there are plenty of indications that humans evolved to great (cultural, technical, spiritual) heights before. Doubt is never a bad thing. But this video mixes a lot of speculation with proven nonsense and some facts - and in total is just a waste of your time.
edit on 25-10-2015 by ForteanOrg because: he invented a new race: the Egyptions :-P

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

The book series Halo the Forerunner Saga shows thousands of years before the events in the game, humanity once had a space faring civilization in the distant past until an alien species called the Forerunners bombed them back to stone age after humanity declared war against them and lost.

The Forerunners then erased traces of humanity's civilization which explains why by the time of the events of the game, there was no evidence of that civilization left.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

In other words, you believe everything you have been told.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join