It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup: Support for legal marijuana at an all-time high and likely to grow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Flatfish

Hillary will get on board with legalization as soon as her advisors tell her that it would be politically helpful to her career to do so.

Yeah, more than likely you're right.

Her advisors are probably just waiting for her big pharma supporters and PACs to get on board with the idea.

Kinda like the way she'll support reinstating Glass-Steagall as soon as Goldman-Sachs gets on board.

She may indeed change her stated position now, but I wouldn't bank on her signing the legislation later.

You'd think, that if for no other reason than just to support her position that "it should be up to the States," she'd support legalizing it at the federal level in order to remove the obstacles related to banking, rental property, etc...

It's kinda hard for States to legalize a business that's prohibited at the federal level and she knows it.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
state governments are greedy when they see how much money other states are making from legal pot sales all the states will eventually legalize it.
when I was a kid lotteries were illegal but the states starting seeing how much money illegal lotteries were making and pretty soon all the states had their own legal lotteries.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
obviously some states are still making too much money from asset forfeiture laws and from the slave labour in prisons. As for the DEA well they maintain the artificial high price by controlling what gets on the streets. As to the states having conflicting laws well that allows for interstate commerce.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Gallup: Support for legal marijuana at an all-time high and likely to grow.

Hhhhhhmmmmm, just seems to cooincide with the plan to go cashless so they trace our every finanical transaction from cradle to grave. What we buy tells a whole story about us, so much can be known and inferred about us just be knowing what we buy.

Legalising street drugs so they can be brought with trackable money is merely clearing away some forseeable hick ups.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

We aren't anywhere close to having a cashless society. But even so, they already CAN track pretty much everything you buy since few people use cash anymore anyways. I know I like using it, but even I use a debit card for most of my purchases now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join