It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Like or Dislike about Donald Trump ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
First of all I am the most liberal person in the world until I have to pay 8 grand in income taxes , I consider myself an independent and love my freedoms, even if they aren't freedoms in most states. When Trump first starting in this and he was talking about building a wall I LMAO. I thought he was a joke and didn't like him. It took me about the same amount of time as John Stewart to say dang, I really like this guy sometimes.
The things I like about Trump is that he has kids and will probably have grandkids so I don't think he will purposely destroy things that are already screwed because of their futures. The guy right or wrong tells it like he sees it. I do believe that before running he had some change of opinions. Looking at what he is for and against was pretty cool for the most part and Im hoping it doesn't change, like letting the government distribute cannabis, the guy is all about money so it makes sense. Trump deals with other countries already, my only fear is that there will be no deal because they wont give anything or meet his demands, but then again if they aren't willing to give us something then do we need a deal with them ? The other pub candidates are too evangelical for me and Trump doesn't seem to care about that stuff any more than I do. Most importantly, the media, the pubs and dems are ALL pissed off. I mean what better than a person who pisses off both sides and the media on top of it, especially Fox. Beautifying things seems to be a thing for him but sometimes he doesn't pull it off so well but I think its a good aspiration, there is no telling what kind of crazy structures he would build. Entertaining sometimes he is. Trump would also NEVER allow some rude to say the least black lives matter thugs to hop on stage and take over like that. Bernie did and I lost respect for him.
The things I don't like about him are the cheap shots even if they are true. The general blundering without specifics but they all do that. Its not his hair that bothers me, its his hairdresser or whatever the heck that person is, its uncalled for. The fact that he and the Clintons were buddy buddy.
The only other people I would vote for are Rand and Bernie but they just aren't going to make it, the media has demonized Bernie and Rand has been beaten down by Trump like the others. I just have to vote for a guy that bashes his own party, fox news and dems, illegals. Trump really does actually employ tons of Mexicans, that's true. Trump has created more jobs than all of them combined. I held my tongue for a long time but now I am officially believing our president is an incompetent idiot. Ahmed watched and copied a youtube video and took the insides out of a clock and put them in a pencil sharpener and was suspended because the the teachers thought he made a bomb, so all of a sudden Ahmed is brilliant and gets invited to the White House. Or was it when Obama traded a deserter for some proven terrorists ? Obama flat out kisses Muslim butt. But back to Trump, what do You guys think. Everyone has their own reasons that they like a candidate so don't Bash mine.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I like his casual way of discussing political issues. It's appealing even when he sounds like a moron or I don't agree with him. (Which aren't always one in the same.) I also like his facial expression. It's refreshing to see a politician actually react to things. And not be embarrassed about it.

I dislike that it's clear he's not a serious candidate. And that he'll likely drop out at the first sign of trouble. Probably before a single vote is cast.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have absolutely no faith in the corrupt American system of politics and especially elections Even though the GOP signs my pay checks.

As long as US politics is a surreal parody circus; the Donald fits right in with the rest of the clowns. At least he adds some much needed production value.
edit on 20-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover
I like the fact that he speaks his mind and really doesn't apologize whats spews out his mouth. I also like the fact he has gone bankrupt a couple of times and pulled himself back to the top. (I'm pretty sure its been twice)
I don't think he could bring himself to delegate authority. He doesn't seem to trust anyone except his daughter. I learned from my baseball coach in college that to be successful, surround yourself with smarter people than you.
Who knows, he might try to abolish cabinet positions so he can do it all himself. I kid I kid. Kind of.
edit on 20-10-2015 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Holy wall of text batman!

I've stated this before, but I'll do so again.

Donald Trump is a microcosm of everything that is wrong with the political system. What actually makes him a good candidate? Because he say's what he thinks? I could pull any number of Johns off the street who would be more than willing to do the same. Because he has money? Is this the above all merit for which we choose the best and brightest from?

If I were a conservative I'd be ashamed that my party has been turned into a complete circus. So much so that the leading candidate for my political party is reality show financial parasite. How many times has he declared bankruptcy? Why not throw one of the Kardashians (spelling?) in there as well. Trump is more qualified, but not by much.

His lack of foreign policy knowledge is terrifying. His lack of proper etiquette hurts him in the foreign policy arena as well.

originally posted by: Foderalover
The things I don't like about him are the cheap shots even if they are true.

This is actually the one area I can't fault conservatives for liking him. Hard to blame people for latching on to someone who tells the truth, especially when everyone else has been feeding them lies for decades.

Ahmed watched and copied a youtube video and took the insides out of a clock and put them in a pencil sharpener and was suspended because the the teachers thought he made a bomb, so all of a sudden Ahmed is brilliant and gets invited to the White House.

This is all political fluff. I have no interest in nonsense like this.

Or was it when Obama traded a deserter for some proven terrorists ? Obama flat out kisses Muslim butt. But back to Trump, what do You guys think.

Here's the funny thing about this. If Obama didn't do what he could to get that soldier back and he ended up getting filmed while being executed the conservatives would have had a completely different tone on the situation. They would have grandstanded on the idea that Obama leaves service members out to dry. Don't even act like they wouldn't use it if they could.

Furthermore, the "terrorists" that were exchanged could've easily been tracked and hit with a UAV within a week if they were deemed to be of any substantial threat.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I like Trump because he's not a career politician. I like him because he offers a much needed rogue-option to the voters who are ready, willing and able to go rogue. And I love the fact that he's NOT politically correct.

But most important, if true (and that may be a big "if"), I absolutely love that he's giving the establishment on both sides fits. That's almost ALWAYS a good thing in my book.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
His hair.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Trump supporters are bigots, they're racists, xenophobes and some I assume are good people.

America deserves a crusty old blowhard as president that panders to the lowest common denominator of society.

Fortunately there aren't enough of them in America, as surprising as that sounds, to get him elected.
edit on 20-10-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I don't like him because he's an ego maniac, conceited, insulting, a bully, pompous, rude, he's ignorant about how our government operates, he's part of the same corporate elite that has influenced our politicians, and he lacks substance or a plan when he throws out his outrageous ideas. You can call it not being politically correct, but I call it lacking professionalism, and acting like a spoiled brat. Negotiating on the world stage with that type of attitude and ignorance will only create more enemies and conflicts for the United States.

I can agree with only two of Trumps perspectives. Making it tough for U.S. businesses to send their manufacturing overseas and attacking George Bush about 9/11. Although I think there's a lot more he could bring up about George Bush's statements surrounding 9/11 and the Iraq and Afghan war.

If Trump had a better demeanor, thinks before he speaks and research more about world politics and how he would implement both his economic, domestic and foreign polices, he might have my ear.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The answer to both is his awesome hair

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I was, guess still am, a fan of Donald Trump as a business man. I am a registered republican but some of my views are more liberal. Almost immediately I knew I wouldn't be supporting Trump, though. His attack on illegals, stating they're all drug dealers and rapist, was very irresponsible. His solution to the problem? Build a wall that Mexico would pay for. Seriously? I live in Southern California so I am well aware of the issue with undocumented Mexicans but a majority of them simply want to give their families a better life and have no malicious intent. Do I think they should be documented? Absolutely! Having immigrants from any country over here that aren't is a huge liability. I think the solution should be giving them realistic ways to do so legally. America has always been a melting pot and most of our ancestors aren't originally from here. I hope that it stays that way and we find a solution that allows our friends to the south come here if they wish to be law abiding and CONTRIBUTING (not taking advantage of government funding) citizens.
Trumps unapologeticlly offensive and I don't think that's a selling point. We all know politicians are known to be bullsh*tters and his his "honesty" is refreshing to some but he can voice the same message without being so crass. He obviously has PR people and this would be the time to use them. His attacks on multiple women looks was so inappropriate. Besides, like he's the one that should be talking on anyone's appearance. His campaign has encouraged his supporters to be bullies and believe compassion is a weakness. I want the leader of my country to have a little bit more class than that.
I have a theory about what makes Donald Trump "tick" politically. I think he's such a narcissist he believes he can do or say anything and still get the popular vote. His actions aren't motivated out of hate for those he targets in his attacks but grandiose self-love. He doesn't have the political or armed forces experience a leader of this country should have.
With that said, he is very entertaining to watch. He's like the perfect hybrid of Kanye West and Charlie Sheen.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
"I never said that. OK, wouldn't matter, I never said it. Afghanistan is a different kettle. Afghanistan is next to Pakistan, it's an entry in. You have to be careful with the nuclear weapons. It's all about the nuclear weapons. By the way, without the nukes, it's a whole different ballgame," Trump said

He can make so little sense and people lap it up. He's no different than any other no answer politician, but look how many beliebers he has...

I believe I can fly...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It absolutely drives me nuts that he speaks in superlatives. Everything is "HUUUGE" or the best or going to be the greatest when he is prez but....very few details on how to achieve it. A vague, snake oil salesman spin on issues.

I saw an interview with Ivanka and she was struggling to keep from sounding just like him .

It struck me then that he is essentially a cult leader. He's simply mesmerizing people in the crudest, most simplistic way - abject populism. Which can be so dangerous.

And I can only imagine that working in any of his organizations must be very difficult. Like he would encourage pitched battles among subordinates but no one can ever question him or the system whatsoever. I base this assumption on how he deals with even the slightest criticism - all out war or a death match. Like with Rosie O'Donnell or Megyn Kelly.

Scary thing is - I'm very tempted to like him because he is so charismatic and the rest of the candidates, on either side, are so soul-sucking. But I keep checking myself by remembering that we have already endured 15 years of pop culture, populist politics - we can't survive anymore of it.
edit on 10/20/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I like how he's giving a convenient label for uninformed and racist voters. When somebody says they are voting for Rand Paul, I can almost assume the person is half-way decent. If the person says they are voting for Carson (or Bush, etc), I can't really tell what's going on through the person's head. If they are voting for Trump, however, I know immediately what kind of person they are.

What I don't like about him is... just about everything. He's the typical 80's Wall street bad guy in nearly every movie involving typical 80's Wall street bad guys.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What I like about Trump exposes one of the things I don't like about being an American. Trump can run for the highest office in our land, yet it feels like the public has no radar for thinking that it might just be for cheap publicity (he has the news following him around, it's lots cheaper than he could buy). So to me, it is smart for him to do what he's doing. I just hate that we Americans ways pay attention to someone's message and buy into it without any critical thinking. Anyhow, just ranting at this point. LOL

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Texasmikec
What I like about Trump exposes one of the things I don't like about being an American. Trump can run for the highest office in our land, yet it feels like the public has no radar for thinking that it might just be for cheap publicity (he has the news following him around, it's lots cheaper than he could buy). So to me, it is smart for him to do what he's doing. I just hate that we Americans ways pay attention to someone's message and buy into it without any critical thinking. Anyhow, just ranting at this point. LOL
Forgot to say what I liked about Mr. trump: he is loud and says anything he wants without regard to anyone's feelings. That's an American trait, not always ideal. So he's kind of an ass, but he is our ass (at least till he doesn't get the nomination or drops out of the race, or stops being on TV).

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I like Trump because he's not a career politician.

Trump has run for President many times just because he hasn't won doesn't mean he isn't a career politician. Besides the office of President is the last job to get your feet wet in politics.

I like him because he offers a much needed rogue-option to the voters who are ready, willing and able to go rogue.

This real life not a movie or tv show.

And I love the fact that he's NOT politically correct.

It's not good idea to put a racist ahole who whines about immigrants but has to go overseas to find a woman to marry him into the office of President.

But most important, if true (and that may be a big "if"), I absolutely love that he's giving the establishment on both sides fits.

Trump is part of the establishment. He has openly talked about using lobbyist to get what he wanted.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The guy right or wrong tells it like he sees it.

...and how he sees it is terrible.

I never understood why "he tells it like he sees it" seems to be enough to impress so many. He's being honest? Okay. I like honesty, but his views are honestly horrendous.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

The guy right or wrong tells it like he sees it.

...and how he sees it is terrible.

I never understood why "he tells it like he sees it" seems to be enough to impress so many. He's being honest? Okay. I like honesty, but his views are honestly horrendous.

It reminds me of when people say that alcohol is good because it brings out the "real you". But... what if the "real you" is a total bitch?

"Tells it like he sees it" coming out of anybody's mouth in respect to Trump just makes me want to scratch my eyes out every time I hear it. And it's like every time his name comes up! As if nobody else is "telling it like they see it". You can't possibly be "telling it like you see it" if you aren't being a rude man child on stage?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I don't necessarily disagree with any of your observations... we could probably have a pretty good discussion about the extents to which we agree and disagree.

But don't mistake my admiration and appreciation for his disrupting the status quo as my vote for him! I'm not sure he's not just playing a part in a bigger political scheme. But if so, I'm hoping and praying it backfires.

I love what Bernie's doing for many of the same reasons, and for other reasons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join