It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muted Trumpet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I hope you all aren't getting tired of hearing about my loneliness. I admit I often post here in order to exorcise my demons. You fellow writers have become my family and I appreciate all of you.

The sound of a muted trumpet
paints my mind with a city scape,
street lights flicker from insect wings
and crickets signal there intent.

Will the lovers who walk hand-in-hand
share kisses and hugs as part of the romance?
Will displays of love and affection dance
to the ancient lust and the fire of desire?
Will our copulations save the world
or only preserve a family name?
Will they just add another mouth to feed,
another pawn in a life and death game?

Another sweaty night travels by,
my bed waits uncomfortably,
I delay my prone torture,
choosing to sit in my recliner.

I listen to the trumpet again
as the radio broadcasts my pain,
another night, another refrain
waiting for something...anything.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

I will never get tired of reading your words, I can assure you of that.
"My bed waits uncomfortably, ..." I love that line, you have such a knack of conjuring up images and emotion with just a few words.
It's nice to have a family of fellow writers, it's one of my favourite things about ATS. Especially as the writers are so generous with their posting - they put their heart and soul into their writing and offer to share so much.

B x

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

A very sad and beautiful ode to your emotions. I'm sure any wizened person could find a verse which resonates with them on some level. I felt inclined to stalk you and read some of your other posts, you seem sincere and kind.

We've never spoken before and might not again, but we're family on here. I know it means little more than cold comfort when you see things like this written on a page but you are not truly alone.

You might know, you might not, but not every poet has words and the world needs people like you to encapsulate our emotions and express in beauty that which we cannot say so eloquently ourselves. Having someone else describe something you feel is theraputic to the reader, it's reassuring and people like you help others feel less alone. I don't tell you that to give you solace or reassurance, I tell you that because it is the truth.

That's the beauty of it, you may be alone in person but without even knowing you spoke to me tonight.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
Thank you...I am humbled by your kind words. I am normally an optimistic person who welcomes any opportunity to encourage others. Recently I attended a wedding where they had all the married couples on the dance floor and slowly eliminated them from shortest to longest married. It was slightly disconcerting but I have learned not to try to seek happiness in someone else. I am so happy that I have friends like you here on ATS. Peace my friend!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Well I am always happy to make new friends! Thank you for your kind words and I do know how important you have all become. With the world seemingly going crazy around us it knowing I have friends here on ATS is my anchor point. Peace to you and I look forward to future conversations.

new topics

top topics

join