It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A picture thread: 16 pictures that sum up the world today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

In the book, she was an immoral, up-and-coming star and former comic character over whom her estranged husband (comic strip star Roger Rabbit) became obsessed

WIKIPEDIA

Another one I'm not quite sure on. Maybe something along the lines of the daily commute jammed packed in trains etc. Maybe someone has a different view on this one

THE rat race!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShayneJUK
Seen most of those before but thanks for the reminder very hard to argue with any of the sentiments
expressed in any of them and its the same story across the planet the west just takes a little more effort
to hide it behind a curtain of shiny "stuff"

Almost missed your reply Shayne sorry. I was hoping that they hadn't been posted before but I presumed someone must of laid eyes on them before. Totally agree with your comment though
thanks

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Thanks Mockingbird .. I knew who the characters were I just couldn't quite understand what the image meant
thanks for the reply

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Despite only being two pages in just want to say thanks to those who have replied so far, as stated im not one for starting threads and this will probably be one of the better ones I've started. It's now gone half past midnight and I need sleep ... Hahah it's the dreaded Monday tomorrow and back to work yay!

Thank you all for your kind replies will look forward to some more when I wake up

Goodnight all!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I am not so sure about the cell phone, t.v watchers and fast food. Yes, people were glued to their t.v's more from the 50's to the 90's, but that is mainly because the shows were really good. The "smart" cell phone people do communicate with them, same for the internet. Also, the fast food, i understand the vegan aspect of it, but no one forces people to be overly dependent on fast food.
edit on 18-10-2015 by Harvin because: Changed mind

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The fifth one from the bottom, you said "Er ok I haven't a clue on this one maybe someone can help out here"

I think it is people actually being driven by fat cats. (Cats in their heads with steering wheels). They all looked crazed.

Interesting and descriptive picts.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Remember that exercise where there are 3 or 4 pics and you're asked "Which one doesn't belong? You have an apple, pear, orange.........and a ship.

That's the first thing I thought about when I saw these. But this one........

15 pics all have 1 thing in common.......they are all personal choices we make. No one is holding a gun to our heads forcing us to buy anything or do the other things depicted in the pictures. But since society does anyway, the few who see through it all are made to feel like non-conformists who don't want to play the game anymore. They has no choice in that, and that's what makes that pic........... different.

(See what I did there?)

Big corporations do not force us to do anything. We, society at large, are what forces the people depicted here to be different.

edit on 18-10-2015 by InTheShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
this sums up America, not the world.
dont confuse 1st world issues with 3 world issues.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheShadows

With the exception of slavery...
That's forced.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

This is my perspective...

1. Obvious, current generation "Smart"phone Zombies.
2. Money is happiness, but its a clear trap. Once you get addicted, you are hooked.
3. They used to be happy. Now drugs, substances and fast food.
4. Your typical braindead consumer(and rich companies), "omg! the new brainwasher 3000 is out! i must buy!"
5. Racing to go NO WHERE.
6. Who the owner and who is the user?
7. Your typical Anti-environmental actions (fracking, deforestry, mining etc) for money.
8. Exploiting another to feel happy, also Holiday are consumerism.
9. Bullshat on TV nowadays as entertainment.
10. Mondays, why do you have to hate monday? Because our current model of 5days/week work is unnatural.
11. Pets takes up many people's time and even lives.
12.Polluting earth to make money.
13. How Capitalism working now. 99% working for the 1%.
14. Working with the current work model is unnatural, slave to the system.
15. Killing animals as means of only source of food.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The pics pretty much sum life up for the general populace.

I see folks spending their hard earned money on the lottery many times as well and only getting 2, 5 or 10 bucks or a free ticket here and there. The other day a thought occurred to me that Uncle Sam always wins the lottery every single time there is a winner and he never buys the first ticket. Uncle Sam's gonna get his 30 %! Which in my mind is just another form of sneaky taxation.

The Monday pic hits home with me the most. I don't eat as much fast food as I used to because I cook or prepare my own breakfast and take my lunch to work. Some of the things I prepare are probably not the most healthy. I do it to save money actually, not to be extra healthy. I'm certainly not glued to a television set but used to be. I guess internet took over the television. LOL!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Steven Cutts Illustrations his site.

This video that he made is the Jessica and Roger Rabbit image is from:

Entitled "Where are they now". Fitting for these times.

The cat "brain controllers" likely references the discussion of T.Plasmosis(aka researcher hyped up but is far from the truth). He also has a lazar beam cat illustration.
edit on 19-10-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I think the Rabbits, Roger and Jessica, are about how, over the years, entertainment has made us disgusting slobs - we (society) are no longer the beautiful young darlings we once were. On top of that, I think he uses old entertainment icons (The Rabbits) as a play on iconoclasm (the action of attacking or assertively rejecting cherished beliefs and institutions or established values and practices.) The cherished thing he is attacking is our entertainment habits and our admiration of entertainment icons.

The rats all jamming on to the train is just another dipiction of the meme that work life is a rat race (an endless, self-defeating, or pointless pursuit.)

I think the phone walking the man walking the dog walking the cat walking the rat is about how we are controlled (on a leash) through tech/entertainment. (Notice most of the apps are social apps and the phone itself has a like/dislike "bone/toy" in its hand.) Basically, through our technology and social engineering, we are manipulated for the pleasure of others - like pets for amusement.

I think the man in the office who can't take it anymore is about how inhumane work conditions are. (Notice the security guards come racing in to remove the man because he is likely to upset the status quo, while everyone else sits and stares mindlessly at their work - as if to say the conditions have made them so brain-dead and heartless, that now, even mental breaks are apart of the status quo - they have toned out his mental breakdown.)

All the others you got right or close enough, I think.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Great post, thanks for sharing.

It's hard to fathom but people in the future will look back at this point in time and see us as greedy,materialistic,self centred war mongers. I'm a proud person but embarrassed to be human.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I am gonna email this pics to friends and family

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Love that one where everyone is running away from Monday. It's absurd that the population (or at least the majority) do not look forward to every day, with Monday being the classic example. I myself cannot stand the thought of going into work on a Monday. Every day should be a blessing. Point taken.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Fantastic thread OP, thanks for sharing. I've seen these before but you did a nice job of sharing your interpretations of each image. Spiers hit the nail on the head with the "Rat Race" one!

It's frightening how accurate these pictures are to the World's greatest problems right now.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well this thread has turned out to be one of my better ones. I originally was replying to every reply but I am working at the minute. So just taking 5 minutes to say thanks to everyone's kind replies

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The picture of Santa with the corporate whip over
manufacturing slaves is spot on.

That is exactly what modern Christmas has become.

It feeds the corporate greed machine,
people buy stuff they can't afford,
keeping themselves in poverty/debt,
and the people receiving the stuff
either return most of it or
hide it in a closet until it is safe
to donate to Goodwill or throw away.

Christmas also feeds the obesity machine.

The only ones who actually benefit from
modern day Christmas are big corporations
who make 40% of their profits off of the
day.

And I'm a Christian saying this!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Great picturess! S&F!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join