It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American asks The Queen to take America back. And gets a reply!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hi guys,

This is quite clearly a letter written in good humour, probably a satirical moment for the guy. So please, please, please can we not get into a slinging war about history and current political affairs. This is in the jokes forum, so lets have a laugh as it's Friday
Keep it clean!
This thread is designed to make you smile on a Friday morning

Okay, so once again I refer back to The Lad Bible for this light-hearted thread. Morning rounds and what not...

So they posted an article that highlighted a letter a US man had written to the Queen and the PM, asking for them to take back the US due to his belief that the "Options we have to lead us aren't up to par". I will let our US friends here decide on their own views on that, as personally, I don't know much about that.

Now, I imagine that people write letters to the Queen and PM all the time, and most probably do not get a response. However, this guy did! haha!! Before you get excited, they politely said no of course!

For those who may be un-able to view the web-page for whatever reason. I have inserted the pics below.

All fun and games at the end of the day IMO. I very much doubt this concerned citizen would really want the Queen over in the US. She would probably struggle with the jet-lag anyway at her grand old age!

Also, before I go. May I please quote one of the comments on this particular article:

"The Queen for President 2020. She could compete against Kanye"

P.S I am very busy today, so I will take part in any discussion that takes place as soon as I am able to
And also. Move If needed!

edit on 16-10-2015 by brace22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
We would need an help should Kanye run. LOL

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Is this Donald trumps idea of making America great again.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

Perhaps had the guy asked her and her brood to go live in the USA with the equivalent of Estates and built her castles or whatever, she might have been packing now (Oh! and given her all the tracking and resources rights she loves those) - as winter draws in and her draughty palaces start to nip at her bones. Lots more room for the corgis and her grandons needn't travel so far for thrill rides etc.

Please America I beg you from the bottom on my heart ask her again with presses etc LOL great thread which made me smile.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
We can take the correspondance as genuine, anyway, because the response is exactly the stock reply that would have been given. The first letter was probably intercepted at that level without even reaching HM.

I was once buttonholed outside my college by some self-appointed prophet who thrust on me a tract explaining (out of Ezekiel etc.) how a coalition led by the Russians was going to invade Israel in 1973 and be defeated.
(I've just remembered that he signed himself "Individualist")
He added the hand-written comment, repeated more than once in person, that "The Foreign Office replied to this!"
I bet they did- with some non-committal platitude like the one we read here.

edit on 16-10-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Oh of course mate. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the mail man replying for a laugh!

Its probably a Microsoft Office Royal Edition Template

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
No, I believe the Palace does have staff who deal with this kind of letter. Correspondance used to be dealt with by her "maids of honour", but the job-title has evidently been updated.

In theory, the writer of the first letter could be half-identified by the coat of arms at the top of the letter. He would probably have borrowed the arms which supposedly "go with" his own surname (Americans don't realise that these things are given to individuals, not to entire families).
The enlarged motto can be read as "ESSE QUAM VIDERI"; that is, "[It is better] to be than to seem".

Hmm. I've just checked on google, and find that the motto has been taken up by the state of North Carolina, by a number of schools and colleges, and by at least a dozen fraternities and sororities. So the writer and his coat of arms are likely to be amongst that lot somewhere.

edit on 16-10-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yeah I was agreeing they have staff for this! I referenced the mail man in terms of seniority within the palace... IMO anyways

Hmmm that's an interesting find with the Coat of Arms!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The writer got the postcode of the palace wrong which at least would hint that it was not a Brit having some fun

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I think its inevitable that once it grows to maturity the prodigal son will return to the fold and we'll welcome our colonial cousins into the commonwealth family.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I've seriously thought of sending a like letter, myself.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: maybee

With the same subject matter or different???

top topics

join