It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran airs unseen footage of secret underground missile base (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
News Source

For the first time ever, Iranian television has broadcast footage of a secret underground tunnel, stocked with missile and launcher units. Officials have said it is one of several such bases in the Islamic republic.

Located at a depth of 500 meters under the mountains, the footage shows a very long tunnel which appears to be about 10 meters high. It is one of many missile bases in Iran, according to the Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh, commander of the Islamic Republic's Revolutionary Guards' aerospace division.

Amidst, escalating tensions between allied nations, over the Syrian Crisis, a lot of nations seem to be flexing their military stockpiles or show casing their arsenal, especially towards the West.

"The Islamic republic's long-range missile bases are stationed and ready under the high mountains in all the country's provinces and cities," he said as quoted by the Guards' website.

"This is a sample of our massive missile bases," he said, adding that "a new and advanced generation of long-range liquid and solid fuel missiles" will replace the current weapons in 2016.

He issued a warning to anyone who might threaten Iran by suggesting that they had better “have a look at the Islamic republic's army options under the table."

Meanwhile, on Tuesday, the Iranian Parliament passed a nuclear deal brokered by the P5+1 group – the US, UK, France, China, Russia and Germany – in July. The agreement stipulates that Iran will partially curb its nuclear activities in return for the lifting of sanctions by Western states. However, the US has said multiple times that military options against Iran will be on the table for several years, despite the nuclear agreement.

On Wednesday, the Iranian general apparently hinted that the show of military power had been a response to Western threats.

“The missiles in various ranges are mounted on the launchers in all bases and ready to be launched,” he said as quoted by Press TV on Wednesday. They will be used if “enemies make a mistake," he said.

The footage appeared after Iran successfully tested three Emad (Pillar) surface-to-surface long-range missiles, according Iran’s state news agency on Sunday

A similar kind of flexing was done by North Korea towards the West in it's recent 70 Anniversary. North Korea says it's ready for war with U.S. as it marks anniversary

"The party's revolutionary armament means we are ready to fight any kind of war waged by the U.S. imperialists," Kim said in a speech strikingly more forceful than previous public comments, praising the feats of past leaders and the ruling party.

You know, such show of military stockpiles is also good, imho to keep enemies at bay and avoid possible confrontation between enemies.

However, it amazes me that there just has been too much flexing going on that it seems everyone knows sometime major is up and they have a need to display their stockpiles of arsenal to warn enemies before hand.

It looks like all the responses are targeted towards the West. What's ATS'ers have to say about all this developments and show of military might?
edit on 14-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Iran and N. Korea gear these military shows for their domestic audiences. Nothing new from either N. Korea or Iran.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

After everything that the US has done in the ME and the rest of the world, can you blame them for being on edge?

Can you blame them for telling district 12 president Snow, If we burn you burn with us?

Hunger Games for those who haven't seen the reference.

edit on 14-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Iran and N. Korea gear these military shows for their domestic audiences. Nothing new from either N. Korea or Iran.

It's there in the article, that it's directed towards the West, but domestic audience can also get glimpse as well.

link   
Wow I wonder if those are nukes?

Iran: Footage reveals long-range missile launch facility for first time

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I actually worked with a guy from Iran, and he said that Iran won't go down peacefully and the US won't be able to roll over them like they did Iraq.

I believe him and his stories.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Americans would just use bunker busters to blow up the tunnel entrances. Maybe even send in Seal teams.

I'm sure there are probably analysts who have compared daily satellite footage to see where mountain roads have been constructed and where trucks have been arriving and leaving.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Americans would just use bunker busters to blow up the tunnel entrances. Maybe even send in Seal teams.

I'm sure there are probably analysts who have compared daily satellite footage to see where mountain roads have been constructed and where trucks have been arriving and leaving.

Yeah and Russia and China will totally help thier ally . . . . . Be ready for a global war on this one.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

We couldn't find a man in a cave. Keep believing America knows everything. If our military knows everything they must be keeping this info from our presidents who don't appear to know anything.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
War with Iran would be start of WW3,no doubt in that now. Look what a mess Syria is,Iran would be 1000X times worse. Persians are not Arabs. Too bad Netanyaho,no one dares to fulfill your wet dreams.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Does anybody know what kind of missiles those are?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

I am guessing they could be upgraded to hold nuclear types of warheads, or some other type of fission which doesnt leave radiation residue like nukes do.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Here picture of types of missiles Iran poses. Long range missiles mostly.

edit on 14-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I guess Iran is not afraid that launching ballistic missiles might garner a nuclear response. I have a feeling that things are going to get ugly soon.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

Launching a nuclear missile would be the last option, it's too dangerous, a lot to loose if one country decides to do that.

Everyone else might as well send their nuclear arsenal towards the country that fires their first, because everyone else will not know who becomes the target at the end.

It be almost simultaneous launches between enemies. Don't think that's an option in a early part of a war, if any.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

I am guessing they could be upgraded to hold nuclear types of warheads, or some other type of fission which doesnt leave radiation residue like nukes do.

Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapons program. Every intelligence agency on the planet has said this time and again.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapons program. Every intelligence agency on the planet has said this time and again.

I remember reading some time ago they can make the equalivent of a nuclear explosion without nuclear weapons now, and with none of the radiation residue like nukes have. Cant seem to find a link to the report.

Anyways they were saying they have better stuff than nukes or something to that effect.

I think it may have been some kind of laser technology Iran had. . . . .
edit on 14-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Based off the chart looks like their fateh 110's with a 200 km range but im no expert.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Based off the chart looks like their fateh 110's with a 200 km range but im no expert.

Not one expert either, but by looking at the range of missile they have, and having their country surround by US bases, the range of missiles can surely guarantee Iran from any threat of invasion.

Iran also have a sizable military, unlike Libya and Iraq, Iran has fighter jets to provide air cover: here

They shouldn't be considered an easy target.
edit on 15-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I hope they're able to cloak their infrared sigs, lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join