It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher lost 56 pounds eating only McDonald's now teaching kids about 'healthy' eating

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's always fun to watch. I also really enjoy all the closet nutritionists that only eat things they grow in the backyard, including their meat. Astounding how much property and expertise the members of this site have! Everyone is a farmer, butcher, land holder, garden master, nutritionist, scientist (in every possible discipline), better than you and I, and a shining monument to human health.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: miniatus
a reply to: Ghost147

Avoid processed foods ( fast food is eliminated)
Learn to prepare your own ( takes time, more expensive )
Learn what fats are healthy vs unhealthy ( Easy lesson to pick up on, just pay attention to who did the studies )
High calorie or not, you can be healthy and big, or smaller as long as you're getting the proper nutrients for your size..

This post actually seems like a McDonald's employee posting it as a subtle ad... but who knows? ..you don't need fast food.. but if you are on the run, get an orange juice instead...

'This post' as in me? Or the article I linked to? I've been a member here since 2008. That would be some awesome preemptive thinking by McDonald's if I were some kind of employee

edit on 14/10/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

So, before you see the documentary (if you do), what are your thoughts on this?

That losing weight and fostering good health through one's diet are two different things.

Sure, one could lose weight eating Mickey D's.

P.S. As far as the teacher being qualified to teach "healthy eating habits"? Yeah, he is, because he is apparently adept enough to cut through the bull# when it comes to the difference between losing weight and fostering good health through one's diet

Yep.

*shrug*

In the film, Cisna pushes the message that you can eat anything you want as long as you regulate calories and exercise.

Oh, Jesus, wait, no, he's a total idiot.

Sorry, shoulda read the article first.

Apologies.

edit on 14-10-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

.......care....full..... a lot of folks definition of home made, is just as bad if not worse than fast food.

If it came from the middle of the super store, throw it out. Only fresh produce, fresh meat, fresh dairy, no frozen, canned or boxed ingredients and you are right... Again, there are a number of ways even this can be just as bad as fast food.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I don't eat fast foods or drink sodas.
Religiously.
I eat meat that I gather from the wild.
As much as possible I eat vegetables and fruit that are grown organically.
I drink excessive amounts of home brewed beer, wine, and mead.
I am in my early 40's and healthy and lean as I was as a teen.
McDonald's can suck off on up the road from where I stand,

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

It's always fun to watch. I also really enjoy all the closet nutritionists that only eat things they grow in the backyard, including their meat. Astounding how much property and expertise the members of this site have! Everyone is a farmer, butcher, land holder, garden master, nutritionist, scientist (in every possible discipline), better than you and I, and a shining monument to human health.

Are you implying it is difficult to work out the nutrition value between naturally grown food that is chemical free and pretty much everything else ?

Lets not even bother factoring in how long some foods sit in cold storage being sprayed with god knows what to extend its shelf life....your make it sound like you need to be a rocket scientist to know that food like mickey Ds has no nutritional value

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
What he doesn't say is before he had a burger king, kfc and a mcdees now he just has one meal not three at a time.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Some of the smartest people are teachers.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
McDonald's aren't as unhealthy as most people believe, eating GMOs, and chemical nutrients with your fresh home cooked vegs and meat, purchased at foodmarkets, isn't any healthier than eating processed but certificated fast food at McDonald's.

.plus it's your safest bet when looking for food in any foreign country in the world. No bad stomach adventures in your holidays when eating McDonald's.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

In the film, Cisna pushes the message that you can eat anything you want as long as you regulate calories and exercise.

Oh, Jesus, wait, no, he's a total idiot.

Sorry, shoulda read the article first.

Apologies.

Works for me. I have been the same weight since high school.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So, perhaps you can quantify how you determine greater nutrition between home grown and McDonalds?

We are all aware of the high fat, high carb nature...but if i kill my own cow to make a burger....quantify the difference in nutrition. Since it isn't rocket science.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

We are all aware of the high fat, high carb nature...but if i kill my own cow to make a burger....quantify the difference in nutrition. Since it isn't rocket science.

Well there really is no need to get so specific when it comes to this,we are an organism of this earth so it is pretty simple that if we eat fresh raw food it is going to provide more nutritional value than something like a quarter pounder...

To ask for a breakdown like that is really just arguing semantics....

This cow what was the cow fed ? after slaughter how long was the meat stored ? was it cold stored ?

To be able to break down a nutritional value that is effective for a persons diet you first need to know how foods affect them how their particular body processes different foods etc,i was simply pointing out it is not rocket science to know that something organic is better for than something processed unless of course you know something i dont here ?

edit on 15-10-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
...if we eat fresh raw food it is going to provide more nutritional value than something like a quarter pounder...

Many foods need to be cooked to realize their full nutritional value, red meat and spinach being two that readily come to mind.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well there really is no need to get so specific when it comes to this,we are an organism of this earth so it is pretty simple that if we eat fresh raw food it is going to provide more nutritional value than something like a quarter pounder...

To ask for a breakdown like that is really just arguing semantics....

This cow what was the cow fed ? after slaughter how long was the meat stored ? was it cold stored ?

To be able to break down a nutritional value that is effective for a persons diet you first need to know how foods affect them how their particular body processes different foods etc,i was simply pointing out it is not rocket science to know that something organic is better for than something processed unless of course you know something i dont here ?

Nothing is a forgone conclusion without evidence that can support it.

I am not a big believer in "organic" being better, either. I can grow food that tastes better, sure. But organic vs nonorganic at the grocers....the only difference is that organic yields less usable product and costs more.

Without actual evidence, its not "truth"....its "truthy". One piece of evidence I would like to submit is that humans live longer today than when we grew our own food.
edit on 10/15/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
In other news, 280lb teacher loses 56lbs from lack of nutrient absorption caused by colon cancer. Excess preservatives from a constant McDonald's diet believed to be the source of this cancer.

Jk. I am seeing recent research saying that there's more to a person's mass than what they eat. For a long time the calories in calories out theory has dominated, but that turns out to not be the whole story. Gene expression changes a lot over ones life and therefore so does the balance of hormones. This is just my opinion, but I have found that in my own quest for a nicely shaped body, by supporting the beneficial bacteria in my digestive tract I greatly increase my fat burn. I have even found that fully fat yogurt and milk are better than skimmed dairy for achieving my goals. Even if I increase my calories with this diet over a lower calorie diet that lacks supporting the beneficial bacteria I still lose more weight than the lower calorie diet. My best guess is that good bacteria absorbs nutrition in a more balanced way and then passes the rest out the butt. I'm not trying to relate it to this McDonald's lover experience. I'm just saying that there are so many variables. I'm gonna go get some McDonald's.

For me, good dairy, fruits, and vegetables are a deadly combo for the evil fat deposits. Beneficial bacteria loves my Noosa and fiber. Focus on foods that are highly nutritious and you're good. Everytime I eat food I ask myself how this food will benefit my body. A soda has no value for my body. Fruit has fiber and vitamins. Works for me.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I am not a big believer in "organic" being better, either. I can grow food that tastes better, sure. But organic vs nonorganic at the grocers....the only difference is that organic yields less usable product and costs more.

The main difference between Organic and non organic is there are no pesticides or chemicals of any kind used in organic growing and that includes the soil its grown in,so it is not exactly a belief system when it comes to which would be better for your body...Organic food from the grocers are mostly a scam,it is not cost effective for commercial growing enterprises to really be chemical and pesticide free, and it costs more partially from people taking advantage of people who prefer organic .....

Without actual evidence, its not "truth"....its "truthy". One piece of evidence I would like to submit is that humans live longer today than when we grew our own food.

We grow older today from medical advancements not our diets in general,there are so many obese people in America look at these figures....

Fast Facts
Data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2009–2010 2, 3
More than 2 in 3 adults are considered to be overweight or obese.
More than 1 in 3 adults are considered to be obese.
More than 1 in 20 adults are considered to have extreme obesity.
About one-third of children and adolescents ages 6 to 19 are considered to be overweight or obese.
More than 1 in 6 children and adolescents ages 6 to 19 are considered to be obese.

www.niddk.nih.gov...

Health issues are caused mainly from diet there is a reason we are getting sicker as a society and one of the contributing factors is lack of good real wholesome foods as well as accumulating poisons which are being delivered via a wide range of chemicals in our foods

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I don't suppose you can give me some idea of what you consider a healthy diet ?...i know you were sticking up for your mate and not being very subjective...thats cool...can we move on from there or are we stuck in a rut ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join