It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perspective Anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The Known Universe

The Known Universe takes viewers from the Himalayas through our atmosphere and the inky black of space to the afterglow of the Big Bang. Every star, planet, and quasar seen in the film is possible because of the world’s most complete four-dimensional map of the universe, the Digital Universe Atlas that is maintained and updated by astrophysicists at the American Museum of Natural History.

The new film, created by the Museum, is part of an exhibition, Visions of the Cosmos: From the Milky Ocean to an Evolving Universe, at the Rubin Museum of Art in Manhattan through May 2010.

Watch this short little well done graphic video of what it would be like to travel from Earth to the Universal Horizon and back, again.

This should give anyone who watches just a tad perspective on just how insignificant this planet, in this solar system, in this galaxy, really is.

edit on 13-10-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Makes you realise how all these wars for power, money and so on... Are all meaningless.

We are nothing but a spec of dust on a spec of dust to the universe.

So insignificant, yet we believe we are so important.

No wonder aliens want nothing to do with us.

Seriously, after watching that, I don't think anyone can honestly say they think we are alone.

Great, great post.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Totally cool and extremely well done!
Great job.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Just watched and wow!
I've seen the pictures of all the planets and the sun lined up before, but this video was nicely different. We're not even a speck in the whole reality of things.

< sarcasm > All that CGI must prove the world is flat < /sarcasm >

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
When I see all of those anonymous points of light that are other galaxies, it makes me think there is a similar map some alien has in one of those anonymous point-of-light galaxies in which our Milky Way galaxy is simply an anonymous point of light lost among millions of others.

That alien would probably barely even know our galaxy exists, because it is just a point of light among so many other points of light.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Unless even as we speak they're watching the Nuremberg rallies...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Unless even as we speak they're watching the Nuremberg rallies...

Yeah...But I did say an alien "in one of those anonymous point-of-light galaxies", which would be 100's of millions or billions of light years away. The broadcasts of the Nuremberg rallies haven't even gotten out of our own neighborhood yet, let alone out of our galaxy.

Unless they have some advanced method of sucking in EM waves at FTL speeds

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Humbling and awe inspiring.

Good perspective on intelligent life only existing here on Earth.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
Makes you realise how all these wars for power, money and so on... Are all meaningless.

Seriously, after watching that, I don't think anyone can honestly say they think we are alone.

Great, great post.

Thanks. We are important to one very specific place, Earth. 99% of the Universe doesn't even know we exist. To the one's that do we are nothing more than a gnat waiting to get splat.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I've seen that video before. It's pretty cool. I also like this link.

Scale of the Universe

You can slide the bar back and forth to get an idea of how large different things are in the universe. You can go smaller than a human (all the way down to a string) then go to the largest known object in the universe (which is the observable universe). It's pretty thrilling.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cynic
Totally cool and extremely well done!
Great job.

I can not take credit for anything other than finding the video, but thanks. They did an awesome presentation showing everything, except Black Holes.

Ever think the black holes are tunnels to other Universes where there is just an endless amount of Universes out there with equally infinitive amounts of galaxies with trillions of stars and quintillion planets...I am amazed if one single person on this planet thinks we are alone.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yeah, I may be a speck, but it's all I've got. At least I'm not completely nothing. I mean, the universe goes "in" about as far as it goes "out," so I'm balancing pretty much right in the middle. Not bad for an organic creature with a marginally complex consciousness.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Just watched and wow!
I've seen the pictures of all the planets and the sun lined up before, but this video was nicely different. We're not even a speck in the whole reality of things.

< sarcasm > All that CGI must prove the world is flat < /sarcasm >

Well we are a speck, just a speck of dust and we can not even fathom the unlimited vastness of this Universe, heck we can not even get out of our own solar system.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
When I see all of those anonymous points of light that are other galaxies, it makes me think there is a similar map some alien has in one of those anonymous point-of-light galaxies in which our Milky Way galaxy is simply an anonymous point of light lost among millions of others.

That alien would probably barely even know our galaxy exists, because it is just a point of light among so many other points of light.

Now multiply that possibility a quadrillion times and you would still not even hit a number close to how many other planets there are out there or Universes that are connected with infinite amount of other Universes times quadrillion.

Yeah, every one of those points of light represents an unknown, anonymous source.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Humbling and awe inspiring.

Good perspective on intelligent life only existing here on Earth.

Thank you for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed it. I know most people understand how tiny Earth is compared to the Universe, but we spend so much time wallowing in the misery of this planet we lose sight of that fact.

Really, there is only one reality to concern ourselves with, if we do not stop treating each other, with an infinite amount of disrespect, all we will be doing is causing our little grain of sand to be washed away and the Universe will not even blink.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I've seen that video before. It's pretty cool. I also like this link.

Scale of the Universe

You can slide the bar back and forth to get an idea of how large different things are in the universe. You can go smaller than a human (all the way down to a string) then go to the largest known object in the universe (which is the observable universe). It's pretty thrilling.

Thanks Krazy. Always at the ready to add to OP's content with purpose.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Yeah, I may be a speck, but it's all I've got. At least I'm not completely nothing. I mean, the universe goes "in" about as far as it goes "out," so I'm balancing pretty much right in the middle. Not bad for an organic creature with a marginally complex consciousness.

Well even a speck has molecules, so yeah there is that. According to the video there is an edge, so technically all you are in the middle of is your own neighborhood and how can you really be sure you are organic?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: brace22

Great, great post.

I agree.....so, to be at least acknowledged by other alien life forms, shouldn't humans all be united on earth, into one coalesced, "on-the-same-page", species?.......and maybe, this is why "one-world government" is being sought?.....maybe, this is what Aliens have communicated to a select few. they have basically said...."if you cannot settle your own differences among yourselves, and continue to hurt each other, why should any alien species make contact with earthlings"?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This video indeed makes you realize how meaningless all of the things, positive or negative, that are happening on Earth really are. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Well we are a speck, just a speck of dust and we can not even fathom the unlimited vastness of this Universe, heck we can not even get out of our own solar system.

I wish I could put myself into suspended animation with a note to wake me up when we explor further than our solar system. Or when alieans are walking freely among us. Which ever comes sooner.

Knowing my luck someone would trip over the power cord and unplug me though

new topics

top topics

join