It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Councilman Tasered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

A Texas city councilman was stunned with a Taser while on his knees and then arrested outside his Prairie View home Thursday night — by police from the same department responsible for the arrest of Sandra Bland, who was found dead in her jail cell this summer.

Source

So, here's my take.

He repeatedly did not listen or obey the officer's demands that he step back and not be part of the situation. He repeatedly interrupted, and acted as if his status would somehow supersede the police officers take of the situation.

Now, he DID resists arrest. That was plainly visible.

However, I do believe that as he was on his knees, a taser was hardly appropriate. It did seem a bit like Cartman spewing "You will obey my authoritay!!!".

In my opinion, both sides were wrong. However, everything starts somewhere. He should have obeyed the officers demands. He should not have resisted arrest.

I will repeat, the taser was overkill.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

The 29-year-old’s credentials, which includes a vote to rename a street in Bland's honor…

Oh I get it.

He was being harassed about his stand against their maltreatment of Sandra Bland, that resulted in her death, in their jail.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Personally, I feel the "race-card" is being called FAR too soon on this issue. It's a bit ridiculous. It's calculating and grandstanding in it's intent.

Rather than accept culpability for his actions, he is accusing the police of brutality. And whereas I do not believe he's said it is because he was black (unless I am mistaken, one of the police at the situation was black herself), I find it hard do believe that it was not intended or inferred.
edit on 12-10-2015 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Watch the video here:
www.today.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Watch the video here:
www.today.com...

That video didn't show anything leading up to the tazing, the article under it did…

Police say they were on a routine patrol when they stopped at Miller's house and approached four men for questioning in an area they say has often been found to be involved with drug activity.

Yah, 'routine', 'drugs' and tasering the councilman that had previously complained about wrongful death or something…

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Watch the video here:
www.today.com...

I saw the video.

And on the Today show, they showed the events (edited, of course...but still showing him not listening to the demands of the officers on the scene) leading up to his being arrested, resisting arrest, and then being tasered.

Your point?

edit on 12-10-2015 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join