It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post missing in Fragile Earth when not logged in- but shows up on main "recent posts" page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hi all. Did I miss a memo or something? Or am I doing something wrong? Or am I just going crazy? I like to check my threads on the fly w/o logging in to see if anyone has posted anything new b/c I'm usually in a hurry btwn jobs. I got freaked out when I couldn't find my thread under the Fragile Earth forum --couldn't find it at all; but when I logged in there it was right at the top like it had been the last few days.
Thread in question: Interstate 95 closed in SC from I20 in Florence SC to I26 due to flooding.
recent posting: date stamped today 9 Oct 4:45 pm (ya'lls time? my cpu clock was 5:45)
pics or it didn't happen? here ya go
Mian recent post - not logged in

Fragile Earth forum - Recent button---I thought maybe it was a time delay thing but it's the same under Fragile Earth - New button (I started the thread on the 4 Oct Sunday

I've logged in and out over half a dozen times in the last hour thinking maybe it's just me or my CPU. But I don't think it is. Please let me know something either way or if I'm just reading this wrong. Thanks.

edit on 9-10-2015 by SCGrits because: If anyone else is noticing this please give a holler-that way I'll know it's not just me/my CPU

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:18 PM link quote reply a reply to: new_here
Thank you for that New Here.

It seems I'm having some tech issues posting and such, so I'm going to hold off posting till I figure out what's going on.
If you find anything new keep posting it!!
a reply to: SCGrits

It looked fine to me, same as it's been.
You updated it about 7 mins ago...
Hope that helps!

edit on 9-10-2015 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I don't know what to tell you.

I logged off and found the same thing....your thread doesn't show in the Fragile Earth forum.
I don't know why this would be the case.

ETA
It does show logged off on this page
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Fri Oct 9 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Also, what browser are you using?
I've using the latest version of Waterfox.
edit on Fri Oct 9 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Doesn't show up for me when I'm logged out either! That's pretty strange.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Apparently, topped threads do not appear on the forum list when we are not logged in, you can see that the "What's going on at Yellowstone part 2" and the "Volcano Watch 2015" threads, for example, are also missing.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Well, then in that case.....I can untop it...we'll see if that does the trick.

ETA
Done....hopefully that solves the problem.
edit on Sat Oct 10 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Just in case you don't know about it (apologies if you do), there is an option to turn ATS pages dark gray, which is the colour most logged in ATSérs seem to prefer and use. It's that half-moon doohickey at the far right of the ATS line above (video top new live archive, etc), just click it and you get the grayer option.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
A big thank you for fixing that!!!! I just checked before I logged in and there it was, right where I figured it should be. I am so glad it's not my CPU---I can't afford a new one right now!!

Browser used: latest ver of Mozilla's Firefox.

to Aleister:

that half-moon doohickey ....turn ATS pages dark gray

Thanks!

to ArMaP: Thanks for the big clue -- I had been trying to figure out if other threads/forums were affected but I was so rattled it was like trying to figure out a Chinese Puzzle so I just stuck with what I knew. Thank you.

I'm so glad you guys fixed this b/c there are a lot of times I just don't log in, I just pop in to see what's shakin' and Fragile Earth is my FAV forum being a trained & educated environmentalist!

Thank you guys for all the hard work you do!!!

join