It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE ON PLUTO: Now frozen water and BLUE SKY found on dwarf planet giving more hope of life

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Here's more:

Just 10 days after confirming that liquid water has been found on Mars, the US space agency revealed the amazing dwarf-planet has both ice and a 'gorgeous' blue sky.

A Nasa spokesman said: "New Horizons has detected numerous small, exposed regions of water ice on Pluto.

"The discovery was made from data collected by the Ralph spectral composition mapper on New Horizons."

There has been repeated speculation Pluto may have a liquid sea under its surface, and confirmation of water ice on the surface adds to this theory.

www.express.co.uk...

I just think it's a no brainer that life exists on other planets. It seems the universe is fine tuned to produce life just like it's fined tuned to produce planets, stars, moons and apparently planets with water.

Now this fine tuning can come from some Intelligence or a multiverse and our universe is just one configuration out of many possible configurations. The universe seems to favor small earth sized planets and it looks like life will be very abundant.

We have all the signs that point to a universe filled with life just not the technology to explore these planets in the same way we would carry out an archaeological dig.
edit on 8-10-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Amazing... i always wonder if we are being drip fed this stuff..

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

My science teacher at my Catholic high school used to tell me that water only existed on Earth. It was a religious thing, to think that Earth was the center of the universe and the only planet with life on it, which requires water. And now we have water being found on Mars and Pluto. It certainly seems a lot more common than people used to think it was.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

July 24, 2015 NASA’s New Horizons Team Finds Haze, Flowing Ice on Pluto

www.nasa.gov...

Are they just confirming this now, or have they released the pictures to substantiate their claim? This article was ran back in July on NASA's site.
edit on 8-10-2015 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

ETA they just updated the timestamp on the article:

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Also europa has ice/water

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

My science teacher at my Catholic high school used to tell me that water only existed on Earth. It was a religious thing, to think that Earth was the center of the universe and the only planet with life on it, which requires water. And now we have water being found on Mars and Pluto. It certainly seems a lot more common than people used to think it was.

Yeah, they send us to school and fill our heads full of other people's beliefs. But in all fairness, their beliefs were based on what information was available at the time. I wonder what your teacher believes now, assuming they are still alive and kicking?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Good points.

Back in the day, the saying was: "Where there's water there's life."

There was a debate about water even being able to form on other planets.

Now were finding water, exoplanets in habitable zones, building blocks of life, earth's twin, favorable conditions for life and more.

I personally think planets are like incubators for life and the building blocks for life forms on comets, meteors and space dust. It then seeds these planets. So we should find an abundance of microbial life as well as intelligent life to a lesser degree.

I don't think live evolves randomly. I think it evolves and forms like planets or moons and the only thing that's random is how life adapts to the environment.

The universe seems to favor smaller earth like planets vs. larger Jupiter size planets and that's due to the fine tuning of the universe. If it wasn't we should see an even distribution of earth like and Jupiter like planets. In fact, if it was random, we should see more Jupiter sized planets just like you see more junk hands in poker.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Water water everywhere, but not a drop to think. Except on Earth? Are we the only thinking water in the universe? Enquiring minds (mostly made of water) want to know.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Amazing... i always wonder if we are being drip fed this stuff..

I think so. And we've been on that drip a loooong time.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Yea our government black projects are about 10 years ahead of current civilian tech... Also their discoveries in space.
edit on 10 8 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

hahahaah!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76

Yea our government black projects are about 10 years ahead of current civilian tech...

I wonder if it's closer to 40 or 50 years. The 64-bit processor was invented 40 years before it was introduced to the public as the latest and greatest the computer industry had to offer.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

it could be on somethings I guess.. I would suspect we would be exploring space in spaceship 40-50 years from now past our moon, on a regular basis.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
See that wasnt that hard!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i think we,r being dripped fed stuff,why is up for debate like us being told flowing water was found on mars?

it was a story for about an hour to people who don,t really care and after that they went back to not caring.

i believe seriously if they came out and said we have found life elsewhere that 80% of people would be like oh cool then within days it would be just another news story.

i honestly think most people wouldn,t really care,so wrapped up in their own world that it just wouldn,t register how important it was.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

I believe you are right in what you say...even though it sounds ridiculous.

People are so wrapped up in their lives all they care about is earning some money to buy some food, alcohol, big stupid TV, and other random stuff they are told to buy by the various forms of media.

It's really sad such a beautiful planet is inhabited by such a waste of life.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Not getting at you at all, But I went to quite a few Catholic schools in England and Ireland, as well as state school and I was never told that, and anything was up for debate, and of course there was a lot less known then. Class debates were always the best with the informality. Assembly hall debates where the actual subjects were the least important thing

One thing was definite back then though, Earth was not the centre of the universe!

In edit, I should even now there are more surprises, as for Dr Stern's earlier tweets, I don't get those?

edit on 8-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Planets like Pluto and Mars are leftover from God's alpha and beta test phases.

During alpha testing, God found some bugs in the design. Notably, version pluto was too far from the power source and lacked adequate heat.

In version Mars, the distance issue was mostly fixed, though the programming didn't have enough of an atmosphere.

Earth was the first functional public release candidate. There hasn't been many updates since the first release, but the software has been plagued with many viruses since it was first launched.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I`m starting to think that every planet probably has water on it.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
a reply to: sparky31

I believe you are right in what you say...even though it sounds ridiculous.

People are so wrapped up in their lives all they care about is earning some money to buy some food, alcohol, big stupid TV, and other random stuff they are told to buy by the various forms of media.

It's really sad such a beautiful planet is inhabited by such a waste of life.

"Big stupid tv" As I dont have one...hahahaha

Stupid people, are stupid by design, that is, they are being deliberately dumbed down. If we were to actually educate people (OMG!) I often wonder what the world would be like.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join